Preview Round 9, 2021: St.Kilda v Geelong - Marvel Stadium, Friday 14th May, 7:50PM AEST *WEBSTER 100TH* *WILKIE 50TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Cats

Votes: 43 66.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK all the smart alecs...put pen to paper and come up with solutions that will win the next game against the Cats...... We can't even beat the Cats when we are in ascendancy, not when it counts anyway.......so all you 'wunderdicks' come up with a plan....Know what? You can't! Know why? It's because we are royally f’ed! So the best thing the 'Lord of the Flies' mentality can do is is snipe any poor miscreant that at least has the temerity to pose desperate solutions. Where's the leadership now and the big talkers ...you got nothing ....nothing that will work any better. So pick on some poor campaigner that's the way to do it "Money for Nothing".
I know that sounds very angry but its not! ...i just enjoyed writing it really...got carried away with my own emotion of it all! Frustrated! Its just being the SAINTS.
I love you all because you all suffer the same damn sh*t...ahhh yes sometimes you just have to take a crap!
Its actually kind of a round 9 post post.

Dump a barrel of e coli in the Geelong drinking water and hope they all have the shits and can't play.

Sometimes you write like what I imagine gringo would in an LSD induced fervor. Keep it up please. Really brightens mine and everyone else's week 🥰

He's like me if I was classy and sophisticated. I see him in a big leather chair, cut crystal decanter full of 40 year old scotch on his mahogany side table in a library room surrounded by books, smoking jacket, cravat and pipe. I'm like the idiot bogan version. I'm like classless drunken MAFS scrag fight episode to his David Attenborough documentary about animals doing degenerate primal stuff that animals do but it still seeming noble.

He's like me if I was classy and sophisticated. I see him in a big leather chair, cut crystal decanter full of 40 year old scotch on his mahogany side table in a library room surrounded by books, smoking jacket, cravat and pipe. I'm like the idiot bogan version. I'm like classless drunken MAFS scrag fight episode to his David Attenborough documentary about animals doing degenerate primal stuff that animals do but it still seeming noble.
Welcome back Gringo. Proph took the mantle for about half an hour but you’ve shown him up.

OK all the smart alecs...put pen to paper and come up with solutions that will win the next game against the Cats...... We can't even beat the Cats when we are in ascendancy, not when it counts anyway.......so all you 'wunderdicks' come up with a plan....Know what? You can't! Know why? It's because we are royally f’ed! So the best thing the 'Lord of the Flies' mentality can do is is snipe any poor miscreant that at least has the temerity to pose desperate solutions. Where's the leadership now and the big talkers ...you got nothing ....nothing that will work any better. So pick on some poor campaigner that's the way to do it "Money for Nothing".
I know that sounds very angry but its not! ...i just enjoyed writing it really...got carried away with my own emotion of it all! Frustrated! Its just being the SAINTS.
I love you all because you all suffer the same damn sh*t...ahhh yes sometimes you just have to take a crap!

Playing man on man and stopping them
from passing through our zone would be a good start.

Lowering the eyes and not binning it in to Tom Stewart would also be a good start

Pretty simple plan really....someone rigs up a trip wire to the Cats race as they come out, they all trip over each other and get injured....saints win by default....

Next please

For the first 5 mins of each quarter I would like to move Max King and Dan Butler down back so they can say to Hawkins, Cameron and Rohan, “Hey what the hell are you guys doing all the way up here?”.

In a state of confusion their talls then kick it back out of our defensive 50 forcing a turnover and with some smart play quickly move through the corridor for a mark around the 50m line.

With King in the backline we have nobody to bomb it to so we take the shot at goal and score 1 point which is better than a turnover.

Then as King makes it back up the ground he stops along side Marshall and Ryder for one of them to grab the intercept mark and then quickly launch it forward for another point.

It’s a 2 point play straight out of the secret playbook that nobody would see coming until at least the 2nd quarter.

All the doomsayers are in good voice. We are always a chance at Marvel if we bring our A game. If Marshalls out it will be a huge mountain to climb but even then we can still give them a run for their money. Ryder/Marshall will kill their rucks so fingers crossed Marshall gets up. Don't forget the Cats coughed up a 5 goal lead in Sydney so they are beatable.

Is it too much to hope that we learn at least something from the
last time we played them?

I’ve certainly learned something from last time and I’ll be engaging in no pre match banter at all with the few Cats supporting people I know.

If we somehow win though I’ll absolutely verbally destroy them like the pathetic bastard that I am.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All match reports saying nil injuries
Anyone read different?

Pretty simple plan really....someone rigs up a trip wire to the Cats race as they come out, they all trip over each other and get injured....saints win by default....

Next please
I hate marvel and I’d happily take a lifetime ban from the shithole so looks like I’m your guy.

Cameron, Hawkins & Rohan took 21 marks and kicked 15 goals between them against Richmond this week…

We just kicked 8.15, so… I'm tipping we need to keep the ball in our front half a bit.

Can't see us competing with a chess style ball retaining game, we're going to have to totally overwhelm them with pressure and unpredictability if we're any chance.

In
Ross, McKenzie, Highmore

Out Wood, Marshall (inj), Coffield (rested)

Battle to take Stewart out of it. Bytel to tag Guthrie. DMac to do a run-with job on Menegola.

Cameron, Hawkins & Rohan took 21 marks and kicked 15 goals between them against Richmond this week…

We just kicked 8.15, so… I'm tipping we need to keep the ball in our front half a bit.

Can't see us competing with a chess style ball retaining game, we're going to have to totally overwhelm them with pressure and unpredictability if we're any chance.

In
Ross, McKenzie, Highmore

Out Wood, Marshall (inj), Coffield (rested)

Battle to take Stewart out of it. Bytel to tag Guthrie. DMac to do a run-with job on Menegola.
Who would you have 2nd rucking with no Marshall? I'm not sure Ryder would have the match fitness to ruck a full game by himself.

All match reports saying nil injuries
Anyone read different?
Marshall went off in the last quarter with what looked like a lower leg/foot issue but ended up coming back on so seems more of a soreness issue than he has torn anything.

Fingers crossed its something where he has pulled up lame today but feels fine in 2 days time.

What a surprise - Selwood is allowed to put his shoulder into a head when the man is already over the ball - no suspension. Long would have gotten rubbed out for weeks.

Marshall injured? Is he definately out? Huge loss if so, but not surprising given how he finished the match.
na, hate Selwoods ducking but his technique was as we teach our kids, its the AFL issue of leading with the head that needs to change.

Marshall went off in the last quarter with what looked like a lower leg/foot issue but ended up coming back on so seems more of a soreness issue than he has torn anything.

Fingers crossed its something where he has pulled up lame today but feels fine in 2 days time.
Fox showed him walking of after the game and he was limping

I hate marvel and I’d happily take a lifetime ban from the shithole so looks like I’m your guy.

The Cats players run out towards the pitch and fall in a heap, broken hips all over the place (except for Selwood who somehow manages to duck under the trip wire).

An eerie silence descends on Marvel Stadium as El Duderino walks on to the field with his arms outstretched. He looks up to the people in the crowd, eyeballs stare intently at those who have told him to keep quiet the past few games and yells:

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back