Preview Round 9, 2021: St.Kilda v Geelong - Marvel Stadium, Friday 14th May, 7:50PM AEST *WEBSTER 100TH* *WILKIE 50TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Cats

Votes: 43 66.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why does Frawley deserve to come straight in ?

Yes he is experienced, but when last did he play a full AFL game?
Smacks a little of desperation to me. Which I suppose we are.

Hope this comes back to bite me on the bum 10:30 tomorrow night.

Well on the bright we get to pick up another star kid in the mid-season draft. Unless they decide to raise our average list age again.

Think we’ve got around 4/5 list spots - surely got to find something good if we use most of them.

Yes he is experienced, but when last did he play a full AFL game?
Smacks a little of desperation to me. Which I suppose we are.

Hope this comes back to bite me on the bum 10:30 tomorrow night.
I understand your concern - you’re absolutely right - it’s a massive risk to bring him straight in and it does smack of desperation but I think he’s a better match up for Hawkins than Joyce would be.

Lets hope he can run the game out
Seems a desperate move to me
It seems desperate yes but to me it feels like replacing someone with a better option who is available.

his fitness will be a concern but let’s see how he goes.

Nah, don't change mate. I like your style & posts...and in fairness you've toned the capital's way down compared to when you first posted...now that was some interesting, arty, non-linear stuff right there 😉
Well I guess I have worked on the art of the diplomatic compromise. 'It wasn't easy but nothing is.' As DYLAN did say..'You've gotta serve somebody." Above quite a few things I serve the SAINTS because I love them, so in the end what matters is seeing them resplendent upon the dais come the grail!;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a habit I got into with job I did years ago I guess ... we were requested that all name should to be capitalised...sorry If it's annoying I'll change it if its required ....... I guess in the substrates of my thinking there is also the desire to give acknowedgement to the name that represents the entirety of who they are. Its akin to respecting their individuality...for what are we if nothing less than a name....so much more but the name is a start!
Nah it doesn’t bother or annoy me at all. Just something I noticed. At first I thought it was just random words then I realised it’s proper nouns. Actually I quite like it because it grabs your attention.

It seems desperate yes but to me it feels like replacing someone with a better option who is available.

his fitness will be a concern but let’s see how he goes.
We have to believe the club wouldnt bring someone back from a long term injury if they didnt believe they were fit enough to play out the game.

So believing that to be the case, Frawley is the best available player for the job.

We’ve been one of the worst inside 50 tackling teams in the comp this year. What stats are you looking at or are you referring to stats from last year - not relevant.
How far back does Triggs relevancy meter trigger?

Lonie had 3 inside 50 tackles in his last match... if you did that each week you would be comfortably in front of kosy pickett and miles ahead of the comp.

It’s fine to say that they were in bad form early this year, but so was the whole team. Not sure if that means you run a line through them forever as we’ve seen some pretty good footy played with Butler & Lonie terrorising defences with pressure.

Coffield being dropped will certainly wake him up , knowing he has to earn a place in the side.
Now we will see how Highmore goes , he has had a taste and know knows what to expect.

I keep telling people the last time we won in Perth was Harveys 350th... now I’m not even sure his 350 was in a Perth. Or if we even won.
But through volume and persistence I’ve convinced hundreds
Last time we beat West Coast in Perth. Yes it was his 350th. In 2007.
And wait I’m wrong. We beat them in Perth in 2009 and 2010 too.
We also beat Freo in 2008, 10 and 11 there. Oh and 17 in the last match we played at Subiaco. Never won at optus stadium. Hopefully it doesn’t take as long as the Adelaide oval took break.

We have to believe the club wouldnt bring someone back from a long term injury if they didnt believe they were fit enough to play out the game.

So believing that to be the case, Frawley is the best available player for the job.
Thanks BT you put that exactly the way I was trying to lol

Nah it doesn’t bother or annoy me at all. Just something I noticed. At first I thought it was just random words then I realised it’s proper nouns. Actually I quite like it because it grabs your attention.
Yeah I think the idea behind it is that people trying to ascertain the principals involved in a deposition, script or pitch could grasp the protagonists and antagonist's involvement as they scan through the pages of dialogue or pros. Our eyes tend to blur when all the type is of the same value!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back