Preview Round 9, 2021: St.Kilda v Geelong - Marvel Stadium, Friday 14th May, 7:50PM AEST *WEBSTER 100TH* *WILKIE 50TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Cats

Votes: 43 66.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love your work man, but the negativity isn't coming from nowhere. Geelong has used us for a doormat for quite sometime...our losses against them are usually brutal...not to mention our inability to show up for marquee games.
It's historically based...and unfortunately the evidence, in this case, doesn't lie. Obviously hope we win, we all do, but you can't blame people for going into self preservation mode given our blow outs this season.
Self-preservation?

I thought we were just hustling in case Hawkins and Selwood are reading this thread.

Yeah, nah. Time to let the truth run amok.

Saints by 3 points with Higgins to kick the winner after the siren for a poorly executed high tackle from Selwood. Stuv to lead the song one more time.

How the hell am I meant to get through the next 6 hours of work when I'm just constantly thinking about the game. This is why I hate Friday night games.

Also I work in the CBD, and now I have an awkward amount of time between home time and the game. I live an hour train ride away from the CBD. By the time I get home it'll be 5:20ish. Then I only get 45 minutes at home before I gotta leave again. God I hate Friday night games.

Saints by 23

On Pixel 4 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Friday nights are different for me....it's more like how the hell am I going to get through the game after a day at work and then getting dinner into the kids before heading off? :D

If you go off Stats Insiders ranking system Steele is our best player on 5, Gresham on 30, Clark 53, Marshall 58, Jones 70. If Marshall is out that's 3 of our top 5 out. Not many sides can compete with that kind of decimation. If we win tonight it will be one for the ages.

I think people underestimate how hard it is to cover multiple injuries to similar players.

gresham is a blow. But Jones replaces. Lose both and you’re hopeful a kid steps up- which is fine. But if they don’t, you are moving a Higgins into the midfield as an example and that takes away from our struggling forward line - so then you are hoping Lonie can replicate Higgins output and it snowballs.

I would have rathered losing one of Gresh/Jones and say a Higgins/Butler then both of our dynamic mids. Especially as they take the behind the ruck position to forward run.

I hope that isn't Ratt's pre game address.

I was playing soccer for a club over here a few years ago and the senior coach before the game said in his pre game address:

"Right lads, I've watched that team play a couple of times this year and they are all exceptional players. Don't really have a weakness, really good on the ball and they are a very quick side with a lot of confidence. You will struggle to get anything from the game today. Good Luck!"

That was legitimately it word for word before he walked out to take his seat on the sidelines.

Maybe it was genius because we actually won 1-0, I think everyone was so pissed off at our own coach writing us off. Maybe Ratten should try it.

Oh and to clarify for anyone that is confused:
- Nobody knows that we will definitely not win (apart from JohnnyRayFlamingo but he doesn't post here any more).
- Most people think that we will probably not win
- I now think that we will win
- I had a few Aberlour 12s with my breakfast this morning

I was playing soccer for a club over here a few years ago and the senior coach before the game said in his pre game address:

"Right lads, I've watched that team play a couple of times this year and they are all exceptional players. Don't really have a weakness, really good on the ball and they are a very quick side with a lot of confidence. You will struggle to get anything from the game today. Good Luck!"

That was legitimately it word for word before he walked out to take his seat on the sidelines.

Maybe it was genius because we actually won 1-0, I think everyone was so pissed off at our own coach writing us off. Maybe Ratten should try it.

Oh and to clarify for anyone that is confused:
- Nobody knows that we will definitely not win (apart from JohnnyRayFlamingo but he doesn't post here any more).
- Most people think that we will probably not win
- I now think that we will win
- I had a few Aberlour 12s with my breakfast this morning
Correct no one knows.

however I think the pessimism isn’t misplaced.

I'm looking forward to seeing Doogs playing a bit higher up in defence. If he's playing on Cameron, I reckon we should using him as a possible marking option (or at least the big fist over the boundary line) from the kick outs rather than actually kicking the ball.

If he wins any contests around the centre square - then it should be run Dougal run!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back