Review Round 9, 2022: Box Hill Hawks v Richmond, 15 May 2022, 12.00pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

Saunders did a lot of defensive running this game. Even though he didnt get a lot of the ball. He stalled quite a few of Richmond's transitions. Mitch would be liking what he saw. Played that pressure forward we are sorely lacking

Morris played well again. Has a bit of toe and is tough and good overhead. I am hoping he gets a chance

Hey all. It's the AFL Social Media team here.

In case you mightn't be across it, you can watch today's Box Hill v Richmond VFL match live and free on afl.com.au and in the AFL Live App.

This link has more details, and you can find the match centre here, which will have live stats as well as the stream. You can also watch the full match replays and mini-matches of all VFL (and WAFL) matches on AFL On Demand.

Enjoy the game!
Poor form to bring this game forward two hours, then not have the TV guide updated. Was ready to leave home at 2pm to go to the game, saw it was almost over, but not on Ch7’s guide so missed it completely.

Saw Saunders live today, time for a go on the big stage. Extraordinary work rate. Much faster than anyone else on the ground.
Got a bit of a Zac Fisher feel about him

Saw Saunders live today, time for a go on the big stage. Extraordinary work rate. Much faster than anyone else on the ground.
Got a bit of a Zac Fisher feel about him
Yep agree he's got what we need. Am keen to see us put games into him. His numbers aren't high but he gets to good spots and I feel would be used more at AFL like Brad Hill was.

Thought it was Connor Downie's best game for a long time. If that's what he's going to produce from here on in, he will be knocking the door down. Every time he kicks it, he gives it a real roost.

Watching now half way thru 1st Q. Morris missed a handball receive, kicked into a teammate and then missed a target. I must be watching a different player. There is no way he goes up a level until these are out of his game. Regularly makes basic mistakes.

Watching now half way thru 1st Q. Morris missed a handball receive, kicked into a teammate and then missed a target. I must be watching a different player. There is no way he goes up a level until these are out of his game. Regularly makes basic mistakes.
Yep saw that players from both sides missed some kicks early blowing a gale to one end. His kick in the middle of the ground in the last running through was exciting. Seamus made some mistakes as well. CJ was doing the same if u remember. Morris hasnt had a good run at it been injured a lot. I may be wrong here but i think his game translates to afl. Tough and hard and can run and does kick well. Similarly with Seamus game pressure and composure required and to be learned. What have we got to lose. Play some of our other half back flankers like Bramble who had some shockers by foot yesterday further up the ground.

Yep saw that players from both sides missed some kicks early blowing a gale to one end. His kick in the middle of the ground in the last running through was exciting. Seamus made some mistakes as well. CJ was doing the same if u remember. Morris hasnt had a good run at it been injured a lot. I may be wrong here but i think his game translates to afl. Tough and hard and can run and does kick well. Similarly with Seamus game pressure and composure required and to be learned. What have we got to lose. Play some of our other half back flankers like Bramble who had some shockers by foot yesterday further up the ground.
Morris does have the mongrel that translates to the big league. I'm all for it, if it means we can play guys like Day, Bramble, and Jarman up the ground.

Didn’t see the first quarter but from what I saw today and the last few weeks, he should be rewarded with a call up.

Box Hill's tackling in the second half was brutal. Great win.

Seamus needs to get better at assessing his options by foot. Nothing wrong with his action, just picks the wrong target.

Saunders can be guilty of this too but has improved a bit last couple of weeks.

Love what Morris is bringing at the moment.

Last edited:
Box Hill's tackling in the second half was brutal. Great win.

Seamus needs to get better at assessing his options by foot. Nothing wrong with his action, just picks the wrong target.

Sanders can be guilty of this too but has improved a bit last couple of weeks.

Love what Morris is bringing at the moment.
Fionn O'Hara laid some big tackles in the last, was an interesting watch. Sometimes he just jogged alongside the action other times he grabbed the oposition in a vise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hartigan looks way too comfortable. Reckon his cue is in the rack with his AFL aspirations.

I liked Blanck's game. Looked more assured and composed with the footy. It's great we are able to have such a close look at him. Whatever decision we make will be well informed.

how good is #55 Cal Porter, not only is he one of our better players, but he supports the rucks in the centre bounce and you can hear his voice out there encouraging the lads, loving what he brings to the club.
He ignited us in the last. Really got the boys and the crowd up and about

how good is #55 Cal Porter, not only is he one of our better players, but he supports the rucks in the centre bounce and you can hear his voice out there encouraging the lads, loving what he brings to the club.
He is in ripping form. Wonder if he gets a MSD gig somewhere. Ultra competitor. Deserves another go.

Seamus def showing green shoots. I withdraw my aerial query on him. Hadn't seen enough but have this season. I think he returns fwd in the long run. Serious zip and looks like his appetite for destruction is starting to grow. Can see him start to emerge into a player soon..

Fergus turned the game with Porter. Long arms and great knack on the lead. Deserves another crack too. Could he be a Josh Bruce at AFL level?

Downie was serviceable.

I like what Morris brings but all I see is him miss basic targets time and time again which is incredibly frustrating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back