3 James Sicily (HAW)
3 Dustin Martin (RICH)
2 Dion Prestia (RICH)
2 Shai Bolton (RICH)

Guidelines state the following.

View attachment 1401642

Now with the table:

View attachment 1401643

There is not a chance he gets off. Runs past the ball. Collects Moore high, and was going at a fast pace. The fact that Moore wasn't concussed is a miracle.
No harm done. No injury. Play on.
Don't just advocate for a suspension because it's a Richmond player and we lost.

No harm done. No injury. Play on.
Don't just advocate for a suspension because it's a Richmond player and we lost.
Um... you know he was citing the actual rules yeah? Or did you not actually read what he posted. What was posted had NOTHING to do with being emotionally attached to the outcome because it was a Richmond player and everything to do with the fact that it was an offense worthy of suspension. It is simply a fact that the player (whatever team he was on chose to do something that would get him banned.

Here's some more evidence to support the view of the poster in question:

1652691382044.png

Some of our transition ball movement in the first quarter and a half was a delight to watch.

Until our midfield group improves greatly though we'll just struggle to win games of footy.

Frost really cost us with some fatal mistakes in the first half and DGB just is too weak for senior footy as things stand, but it's good we're giving him the exposure.

No, that was the biggest risk, and major criticism of our drafting him so early - due to his height and lack of weight (<70kg) he had virtually nil exposure in the midfield in his junior career, playing in defence.

He was an attacking HBF with excellent 3rd man intercept skills, speed and good dual-sided kicking. His intercept marking was impressive as it showed courage and resilience not expected of one so slight, but he was easily out-muscled in the contest so couldn't "play tall". (Think a lighter version of Scrimshaw).

It was thought with time he may build his engine enough to play outside on a wing, but with his height and no body strength or size the midfield was seen as a long-term option only if at all. (Except by us, who post-draft rated him as potentially a top-5 midfielder in the draft)
fair enough but I read in the article about him as a kid growing up he always played as a mid.....he was mo ed to half back due to his lack of size late eg 16

Lol. The last play showed me exactly what I want from a player like him. Intercept, taking the game on and absolute gut running tackle. He doesn’t have the body yet to pull that off, but that’s football nouse that you can’t teach. He’ll be tearing it up in a couple of years.
FWIW, Jake Niall on the Realfooty podcast said today that DGBs slip up at the end was the most promising sign from the game for the hawks and Denver as a player in terms of where we are headed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Essendon can pick up 2 Metre Peter for a bag of twisties and this Nick Martin kid from the WAFL, I sure hope our club is looking and exploring every option around the country to pick up quality players .
What really upsets me is we were very interested in Peter, but did NOT pursue it yet again. Very disappointed.

People will come on here and say his parents wanted him to play at Essendon. I will tell you emphatically it is crap !!!!

What really upsets me is we were very interested in Peter, but did NOT pursue it yet again. Very disappointed.

People will come on here and say his parents wanted him to play at Essendon. I will tell you emphatically it is crap !!!!
tbf Lewis has been better than Wright the past two seasons on averages and you probably wouldn't play both of them in the same forward line, so I don't think he's that big of a miss.

tbf Lewis has been better than Wright the past two seasons on averages and you probably wouldn't play both of them in the same forward line, so I don't think he's that big of a miss.
Oh come on !! Imagine if it was Lewis AND 2MP TOGETHER !! FFS !! All he wanted was to get out of GC. We were circling him 2-3 years ago. FFS.

Oh come on !! Imagine if it was Lewis AND 2MP TOGETHER !! FFS !! All he wanted was to get out of GC. We were circling him 2-3 years ago. FFS.
I’m not sure it would work. We’d essentially have two lumbering talls who would be too similar.

Put me in the “I’m glad we backed Lewis in” camp.

This is exactly what happened, dominated in the midfield as a junior.

I stand corrected. I only watched him draft year (and snippets the year before).

That said, there's little comparison between u/18s and AFL midfield, let alone u/16s and schoolboy.

I'm backing him in because of what I've seen him do on the field - not where he played as a 15yo.

I’m not sure it would work. We’d essentially have two lumbering talls who would be too similar.

Put me in the “I’m glad we backed Lewis in” camp.
Mitchell is not slow now. Because he now believes. He is taking the ball fwd, he is often on the wing or further, because of his mobility.
Respect you immensely, but 2MP at FF and Lewis at CHF, would be a very damaging duo. And it would have cost very little.

The third tall is who you invest in mobility. The third tall is who you invest in for XFactor, dynamism and quality smalls.

Lewis and 2MP together would have been imposing, in my opinion.

We would not be worrying about blokes like McStay.

Why are we crying out for another KPF ????

Last edited:
Richmond supporters CONTINUALLY bitching and moaning about how they are constantly getting screwed by umps and AFL House.
As far as I have seen, it's always been the complete utter opposite.
They get pinged alot TBF but that's because of the style of footy they play. If it's been happening for years (and it has been) than you can't blame anything else other than the team playing on the borderline each week. Dimma doesn't critique the umps all that often because it's his strategy which causes it.

Mitchell is not slow now. Because he now believes. He is taking the ball fwd, he is often on the wing or further, because of his mobility.
Respect you immensely, but 2MP at FF and Lewis at CHF, would be a very damaging duo. And it would have cost very little.

The third tall is who you invest in mobility. The third tall is who you invest in for XFactor, dynamism and quality smalls.

Lewis and 2MP together would have been imposing, in my opinion.

We would not be worrying about blokes like McStay.

Why are we crying out for another KPF ????
We need a tall that is also good once the ball hits the ground. Those two together either mark it or nothing, and not particularly dynamic when the ball is in play.
Love the way Lewis leads up and attacks the ball, but we need something a bit different.

It’s why McKay and Curnow works well.

FWIW, Jake Niall on the Realfooty podcast said today that DGBs slip up at the end was the most promising sign from the game for the hawks and Denver as a player in terms of where we are headed.

Bingo, someone finally gets it.

Under Clarko over the past 3-4 years that would of been stop, chip it sideways to Dimma or Stratts who holds it long enough for every man to be picked up and then kick it down the line where the ball goes out of bounds and the clock runs down and we all think if only we had a crack!!!!

Bingo, someone finally gets it.

Under Clarko over the past 3-4 years that would of been stop, chip it sideways to Dimma or Stratts who holds it long enough for every man to be picked up and then kick it down the line where the ball goes out of bounds and the clock runs down and we all think if only we had a crack!!!!

And the score would of been 65-57 instead of 110-98.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back