Preview Round 9, 2022: Hawks v Tigers, 1.45pm Sat 14th May, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckon it's confirmed then that Mitchell had the flu last week.Tom Mitchell just doesn't get 14 possessions unless he is crook.

Always blows my mind when teams select players that are unwell, just about always ends in tears.
100 %. I heard he was out due to H&S protocols, but i stand be corrected they have listed it as managed (flu)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ward was no where near it, but still I wish he kept his spot. Hopefully it's good for him.

Worpel on the other hand should have been banished. Surely if Mitchell wasn't ill he'd have been sent back to the VFL.

Dropping Wardy is probably the first Mitchell decision that has made me think WTF.

He's had a taste, shown a bit of promise, but he needs a good block at Box Hill now. He just hasn't been finding enough of the ball or been overly damaging the past few games. No doubt he will go back and find plenty of it at VFL, which hopefully will really set him up when he returns.

It will be good to get a look at Bramble in the middle, hopefully Nash gets a good run this week also. Perhaps even Finn.

The midfield magnets are shifting week to week with Sam as he's looking to see who will be part of the future. Bloody fantastic.

Last edited:
Ward was no where near it, but still I wish he kept his spot. Hopefully it's good for him.

Worpel on the other hand should have been banished. Surely if Mitchell wasn't ill he'd have been sent back to the VFL.

Reckon you're right. If Mitchell stayed, Worpel might have been out. Considering Mitchell is out, Worpel needs to stay and gets his chance to shine. If he's in the team I'll be cheering hard for him and hope he has a great game.

Go Worpedo!

Poor game and you'd imagine there's almost no escaping a spell at Box Hill.

Dropping Wardy is probably the first Mitchell decision that has made me think WTF.
I wrote in another thread a few weeks back that I thought Ward was the type of player who wouldn't gain anything from working on his game at VFL level as his biggest issue appears to be confidence in making and executing on decisions within the faster AFL games. But obviously the coaches believe otherwise.

Hopefully he can get himself some leather poisoning at Box Hill and bounce back in.

Expecting a far more competitive effort from Worp this week- especially with the extra room in the midfield.

their forward line is going to be an interesting one for us to come up against- I think it suits our defensive unit quite well.
With no Ward or CMac in the side I'm a little deflated, but at the same time I think both those boys will benefit from a good run in the twos.

Wingard and JOM to have big games, Butts to do something fancy, and Newc to be better supported.

As someone else noted, a lot of Newcs highlights were him getting fed the ball by Worps- a lot more room for that this week!

within three goals either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back