Game Day Round 9, 2022: Hawks v Tigers, 1.45pm Sat 14th May @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Music Video GIF

Ready to channel our inner Tiger King and tame this bunch of has been pretenders!

Hawks by 64!

toomanysquibs

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2006
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
As long as we don't let them push us around, beat us up around the ball, and we're at it for four quarters it's a win for our development and future.

The Tiges have been the litmus test for us since they started winning flags.

So excited about the prospect of Newcombe and Butler lining up together in this team. Both have the potential to be monster talents with a few years under their belts, and each brings different attributes.

The one thing they seem to have in common is a high ceiling, and the ability to be contributors in the middle and forward.

They're going to solve our vanilla midfield issues in a real hurry (alongside Connor McDonald) you would think.

Go Hawks!

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Im not quite sure where this sudden aura around Richmond has come from.

They missed the finals last year. They have just thumped a pitiful wce and beaten Collingwood in the past 2 weeks and up until then their performances were soso.

They're just going, yet they are raging favourites? Is an unfit Martin really that powerful??

Reading their board, hardly anyone is thinking it will be anything less than a 40 point win for them.

I'm realistic, so much so that I tipped the bombers last week, but I think we will beat them today.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Im not quite sure where this sudden aura around Richmond has come from.

They missed the finals last year. They have just thumped a pitiful wce and beaten Collingwood in the past 2 weeks and up until then their performances were soso.

They're just going, yet they are raging favourites? Is an unfit Martin really that powerful??

Reading their board, hardly anyone is thinking it will be anything less than a 40 point win for them.

I'm realistic, so much so that I tipped the bombers last week, but I think we will beat them today.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Most Tiges fans I know are expecting a 10 goal win for them.

DEECEE

Premium Platinum
Aug 27, 2007
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Tigers are the classic flat track bullies. Will feast on us today in the second half. Not fussed, more experience into the side on the g against bigger bodied players. Cant wait to get there for a pie and a tin!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Looking forward to seeing Butler get a crack , looks a talent in an area of need for us . Hopefully he can show a few things today and get confidence at the level .

Im just after consistent effort . We have been in winning positions all of the last 3 games .
Can we learn to stop the momentum and limit these large goal scoring runs opposition can get against us.

I think thats our next step in development .

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
One of the rare non covid restricted games in Melbourne I'll be missing due to a wedding. Will watch the first half at home and hopefully we aren't 5 goals down by then.

Jul 22, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
One of the rare non covid restricted games in Melbourne I'll be missing due to a wedding. Will watch the first half at home and hopefully we aren't 5 goals down by then.
Your Wedding clash reminds me of a wedding we went to which was scheduled at the start of a grand final. We noticed Father Bob was a guest sitting at the back of the church - he snuck out early. We took our chance and quickly followed figuring if he could do it, so could we!

Back to today's game. Hope that Lewis is able to impact the game the way he started the season and the break doesn't make too much of a difference. Looking forward to seeing Butler. Go Hawks!

madhawksfan

Premiership Player
May 12, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Think we are a better chance to win this with the pressure off. Last couple of years our form against the better sides has been excellent.

Dusty could be sore second game back and no Edwards helps as he always seems to play well against us.

Not expecting a win but am hoping to see the next gen acquit themselves well. Would be great for Day to get back to top form as I feel he’s bit a little off the lofty standards we expect from him.

Good luck to Butler for his debut!

smeltitdeltit

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Games I think we get smashed we play well. Games I think we’re in with a chance we get smashed. Now I’m thinking we’ll win because I’m expecting us to get smashed but that means I’m saying we will win so we’ll probably get smashed. *.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back