Women's Footy Round 9, 2022 - Hawthorn vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Hawthorn?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like North will beat Collingwood which helps us consolidate top two with a win over Hawthorn. Need to just get the job done.

Looks like North will beat Collingwood which helps us consolidate top two with a win over Hawthorn. Need to just get the job done.
Collingwood doesn't kick enough goals and relies almost totally on defence, which is not sustainable against the top sides.

So that I don't make the same mistake as I made for the North game, what ACTUAL time in Qld is the telecast? Can't stand this daylight saving bullshit.

Also does anyone know what's happening with Kate McCarthy? She doesn't appear to be a regular inclusion for the hawks. She's no superstar but I would have thought she'd be a start up player for a team finding their feet. She got delisted from the saints and they are nothing to write home about.

Also does anyone know what's happening with Kate McCarthy? She doesn't appear to be a regular inclusion for the hawks. She's no superstar but I would have thought she'd be a start up player for a team finding their feet. She got delisted from the saints and they are nothing to write home about.
Not sure, but she had speed but that's about all. Also, is a very average kick. Hawks seem to be doing well without her.

Yesterdays news.

Yesterdays news.

Well I wanted to know what's become of her since I was not happy when both her and Nat Exon moved on. Like I said, she's no superstar player but I was curious as to why she isn't getting a regular game in a team that you'd think would need all the experienced players it can get :)

Well I wanted to know what's become of her since I was not happy when both her and Nat Exon moved on. Like I said, she's no superstar player but I was curious as to why she isn't getting a regular game in a team that you'd think would need all the experienced players it can get :)
I also was disappointed when Exon left as she played her role well at the Lions, but been average at the Saints. Another player that struggles to get any penetration when kicking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shes been hopeless since she left us. One trick pony

Because the Lions got pillaged over successive waves of new teams coming in, it seems there are ex-Lions everywhere.

Mostly I think we kept the right ones. Indy Tahau was perhaps a loss but she was returning home to SA so not a surprise really. And the way our defenders have developed as a unit I think we covered for her comfortably.

Good start. Handling their pressure well. Don’t let them back in.

I remember in pre-season people on social media were bagging Daks and Wardlaw as lost causes...Making fools of them now!

Wardlaw has gone to a whole new level this year.

She has presence, competes in the air and can create goals kicking off the ground etc. Very difficult matchup.

We would've won the Richmond game as well if Wardlaw played.

I think our main losses from the pillaging was tayla harris and Tahlia Randall

Imagine a forward line with harris in it with wardlaw and Bodie

Plus tahau

Really liking Ellinger’s game. I suspect she is perceived by opposition coaches as a weaker link in our backline so is targeted to keep the ball away from the likes of Lutkins, Campbell, Grider and Koenen, but she has gotten better and better.

I think our main losses from the pillaging was tayla harris and Tahlia Randall

Imagine a forward line with harris in it with wardlaw and Bodie

Plus tahau

Last year was the first time I've seen Tayla start playing a more consistent, team oriented game. She's good in the air as usual but competing for groundball, defense etc was not up to mark with us as well as at Carlton.

May be getting shunted to her third club and the salary negotiation hoo-haa may have made the penny drop.

Back