Preview Round 9, 2022: St.Kilda v Geelong - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 14th May, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • Cats

Votes: 18 38.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fans are as soft and floppy as their players. The umpires tried to gift them that Hawks match but they wanted them to kick the score for them as well as gift them the game. Hawkins looks like a 2 meter tall baby and acts like one.

1652429354474.jpeg

Apparently we have a Giraffe in our forward line. Oh i get it ...Giraffes are tall. Very witty.

Man on man is far to easy to break. One blocks for another and all of a sudden that player is free. Zoning is the way to go. The ball is in the air for a fair while especially with a long kick so they can get to the ball drop. You can’t block for zones. Just doesn’t work.
You could be right Plugger but it annoys me when an opposition player marks uncontested 40-50 metres from the kick-in. What is the point of a zone if it leaves huge holes? A zone doesn't mean holding a stationary position, it means protecting an area. Huge holes in the zone means no protection, so what is the point? I guess I want to see more pressure on that first "attacking" kick-in, not bothered about the little kick to a pocket that is frequently a worse position than the flank or down the guts. I guarantee a team that finds a way to balance a having zone with manning up from kick-ins will change the way easy kick-ins are being taken.

You could be right Plugger but it annoys me when an opposition player marks uncontested 40-50 metres from the kick-in. What is the point of a zone if it leaves huge holes? A zone doesn't mean holding a stationary position, it means protecting an area. Huge holes in the zone means no protection, so what is the point? I guess I want to see more pressure on that first "attacking" kick-in, not bothered about the little kick to a pocket that is frequently a worse position than the flank or down the guts. I guarantee a team that finds a way to balance a having zone with manning up from kick-ins will change the way easy kick-ins are being taken.

Clubs try to direct the opposition kick-in to spots that they can accept to have it sent to. They guard the corridor and try to push them out wide or into a trap with a tall chop off. You leave a hole in exactly the spot that you want it kicked but often it's fool's gold because it's guarded by a player who can move in to chop it off if they get sucked in by it.

To be fair, 'footy intellectuals' are a very different beast and all respect to them...though, some can transverse the chasm! lol!

Transverse the chasm sounds like a euphemism.

I actually can’t wait to see how King and Sharman play together.

We’ve literally only seen them play 2 qtrs of footy together.
(Last qtr vs Carlton when Sharman got subbed on & 1st qtr vs Geelong before King got injured)

I think they can work really well together and also take more pressure off Membrey.

I actually can’t wait to see how King and Sharman play together.

We’ve literally only seen them play 2 qtrs of footy together.

The lads strutting into Marvel

img

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King could be in for a field day if De Koning is on him and Stewart can’t intercept.

King struggles with physical Key Defenders.
From what I’ve watched from De Koning he doesn’t get into a wrestle or try be physical. If king can get a clean run and jump or even a 1 on 1 wrestle there’s no way SDK is stopping him.

King could be in for a field day if De Koning is on him and Stewart can’t intercept.

From what I’ve watched from De Koning he doesn’t get into a wrestle or try be physical. If king can get a clean run and jump or even a 1 on 1 wrestle there’s no way SDK is stopping him.
I think King needs to adopt the G- Train tactic a lot more and start behind the goal and then lead up. Right now he is roughly 30 out and we keep dropping it on his head

I think King needs to adopt the G- Train tactic a lot more and start behind the goal and then lead up. Right now he is roughly 30 out and we keep dropping it on his head

Makes life hard for a key forward when that’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We need to win this game. If we lose, you can almost write the season off
I fail to understand these statements. If it’s winning the flag the season was written off before the season started. If it’s making the 8 which is a good season then we are well and truely a huge chance even with a loss.

GoSaints12 R8 review and R9 preview

Need a few more of you mad complainers in there. Thanks George for the free advertising.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I fail to understand these statements. If it’s winning the flag the season was written off before the season started. If it’s making the 8 which is a good season then we are well and truely a huge chance even with a loss.
The impetus with which we hit the next half of the season is altered with a loss! Should we win against the CATS and thus with confidence running high, follow up with a couple of more expected victories...anything is possible! We live by degrees...and this one win will reverberate throughout the rest of the season!
Sure you can insulate yourself by running with your lower expectation, but while the chance exists we cant afford to have any less an expectation...its how we sustain our faith.... Strength through Faith!

We will adjust later should it be necessary but surely not before!

Last edited:

He could be but SDK is that similar height so may be able to compete, but I wouldn’t be shocked if King breaks it apart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back