Autopsy Round 9, 2022: St.Kilda v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Higgins for Windhager is a given, but Steele - if he misses - is a much harder call;

• Wanganeen-Milera isn’t like-for-like.
  • Nor is Byrnes
  • Owens is closer but is he ready?
  • Bytel isn’t beating down the door.

I think Butler back in, Windhager to play a full game on ball.

Great opportunity to give Owens/Windhager some full midfield minutes

God jeremy cameron is such a grub

How he didn't get pinged for that ridiculous trip is beyond me but he certainly didn't like Sinclair letting him know about what a flog move it was.
Loved Sinclair doing that.

Good teams just don’t stand for that sort of s**t. I’m also very very thankful the umpire didn’t get sucked in.

Long was so huge today. He halved so many contests today just by cannonballing into them with no concern for his body, many of these were contests he had no right being in in the first place. I think at least one or two of these resulted in goals, plus he kicked one himself. He definitely adds something that no one else in our teams offers, and that is balls to the wall insanity. I like him much better in the front half where that insanity can lead to goals, and when it back fires it doesnt cost them
I think it was the mason wood goal that he came from a few meters behind his player to somehow manage a spoil and then follow up at ground level to force the ball to spill out.

There’s no stat in it for him but I think it was the go ahead score and without his first and second effort Geelong takes a simple intercept mark.

He’s nothing like Cyril but that sort of stuff reminds me of Cyril, just disrupting the opposition and making them nervous. You’d be so uncomfortable as a defender with him around

Need to fix those first quarters, but the third was a gem. Ross has really gone up a level and Long too. Wilke should be an automatic AA selection. Maybe at half time, Ratts might have put a rocket up a few players I think. The forward half wasn't working well, but in the third we seemed to setup better across half forward. Having Sharman in gave Membrey and King a bit more breathing space and Geelong got a bit confused down back I reckon.

Need to fix those first quarters, but the third was a gem. Ross has really gone up a level and Long too. Wilke should be an automatic AA selection. Maybe at half time, Ratts might have put a rocket up a few players I think. The forward half wasn't working well, but in the third we seemed to setup better across half forward. Having Sharman in gave Membrey and King a bit more breathing space and Geelong got a bit confused down back I reckon.

I agree, but when you can beat the Cats only winning one quarter of footy, it’s says something. Can’t do that every game though, not good for the ticker

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it was the mason wood goal that he came from a few meters behind his player to somehow manage a spoil and then follow up at ground level to force the ball to spill out.

There’s no stat in it for him but I think it was the go ahead score and without his first and second effort Geelong takes a simple intercept mark.

He’s nothing like Cyril but that sort of stuff reminds me of Cyril, just disrupting the opposition and making them nervous. You’d be so uncomfortable as a defender with him around

Yep it was the Mason Wood goal. Long's effort made it possible for sure.

I don't know , but I reckon Sharman was told to be accountable for Stewart. As Stewart didn't have the sane influence and and he was on him.

I don't know , but I reckon Sharman was told to be accountable for Stewart. As Stewart didn't have the sane influence and and he was on him.
Hard to see on tv but I thought It looked that way at times.

Stewart still managed to find plenty of footy but didn't have anywhere near the influence in the air he usually has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to see on tv but I thought It looked that way at times.

Stewart still managed to find plenty of footy but didn't have anywhere near the influence in the air he usually has.
Stewart still had an influence but wasn’t impactful.
Sharman and the rest of the team did really well in ensuring he didn’t intercept mark, which is where he’s damaging.

Sharman has a great leap on him. Can become a seriously good player once he gets more games under the belt

Thought Sharman was pretty good for a bloke who hasnt played a senior game this year. Made Stewart accountable, got in some really good positions and chased hard defensively which is something I have often criticized him for. Fwd line got in each others way a bit but looked dangerous.

DMacs outside run was once again great. Not sure if he was against Smtih at all but the wings worked hard and negated there influence and were damaging themselves. DMacs defensive work was really impressive (like it has been all year)

Also thought Windy's half a game was really strong. Has a really nice hardness about him when the ball hits the ground.
Wouldnt be surprised to see him given a full crack in the midfield if Steele doesnt get up.

SHAKES IT. BAKES IT. ONE LAST ROLL OF THE DICE.

On Pixel 4 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

That Gresham sidestep is pure football hardcore pr0n :hearteyes:

We are a pretty blue collar set up but Gresham is some real disco glitter that really breaks through the grind. I thought Ross, Crouch and Gresham were almost un-splittable in impact but Gresham just makes it look better when he does it.

For those saying we’ve had an easy draw, we’re currently 3-1 against teams in the top 8 and we’re yet to play 4 of the bottom 5 sides.

To me the best three team in the comp this year are Melbourne, Freo and Brisbane. We've played 2, soundly beat one got soundly beat by another. I can't wait to play Brisbane, we should get a real measure of where we are at. I think they are better than Freo but not as good as Melbourne ( that said they have improved this year).

Interesting what you pick up on the replay that you don't see live.
Can tell you Windhager looked so much better live, doesn't mean he didn't look good on TV , but my impression of him live was enormous.
Thought Sharman was useless at the ground but was given the job to quieten Stewart and did the effectively. Great role played by Coops. The coach will ask him to do something and he will do it. His goal was superb.
Seemed the change occurred when we challenged Geelong physically. Ben Long and Windhager, went straight at them and THEY DIDN'T LIKE IT.

Hardwicks 2020 Tigers bullied us in the final. Geelong have bullied us for years. We are two years more mature, our best mid winged, our best small forward concussed, and we stepped up the physicality with an 18 y.o bull up to his eyeballs in it.

Reckon we can match it physically with these 'big boys' ( as Hardwick called it) teams.
Will go as far to say Geelong backed off early in the 3rd, and got steam rollered. They are well structured and well coached and look good when things are on their terms. Change it up and they actually crumbled in the third.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back