Game Day Round 9, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With Jeremy Cameron having a quiet game goals wise last night, this is a big chance for Charlie to catch up. If the game itself looks won early, that's what's going to keep me entertained.

Go away, get f......., f.... off?

Go, Lions. Ashcroft for 3.
I always thought it was ""No way, get..."

Anyway, first time I heard this was at a party in around 1982 and it's become a quintessential part of Australian 'culture'. Just looked up and the song was released in 1977. How time flies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnssssssssss!

It's a Lions landslide at the Gabba tonight... Lions by 85, Charlie kicks another 7.

In Fagan we trust.

Will be heading down to the match from my farm, looking forward to a good crowd and good atmosphere, lots of singing after many Lions goals. a comfortable 6 goal win will do all I want to see is the Lions defensive efforts and pressure around the field continue.
Absolutely - we are making the trip down tonight, but staying at the in-laws in Hawthorne tonight. As Ripper said, hoping for an enjoyable low stress game and would love to see the Joe and Charlie combo kick a lazy 10 b/w them and the Playne Train to continue beasting his opponents.

Go Lions!

Think both sides have had 10 changes or so since our game last year at the Gabba...
So close! More like 8-9 depending on whether you include the sub.

Since last time they met -

BRISBANE
In: Zorko, Berry, Andrews, Coleman, Dunkley McKenna, Gunston, Ashcroft, Wilmot
Out: Lyons, Adams, Fort, Robinson, Tunstill, Cockatoo, Fullarton, Madden, Michael, Mathieson (Sub-Unused)

ESSENDON
In: Redman, Perkins, McDonald-Tip, Weideman, Setterfield, Davey Jnr, Menzie, Baldwin
Out: Wright, Ridley, Laverde, Guelfi, Kelly, Jones, D'Ambrosio, Ham (Sub-Used)

Missing from both games:
Rich, Gardiner, Parish, Stewart

I think the weight of our ins vs their outs is pretty significant.

I always thought it was ""No way, get..."

Anyway, first time I heard this was at a party in around 1982 and it's become a quintessential part of Australian 'culture'. Just looked up and the song was released in 1977. How time flies.
Could always change it to Living next door to Alice if you know what I mean.

On SM-A217F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could always change it to Living next door to Alice if you know what I mean.

On SM-A217F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Also remember hearing that in bar when I lived in the USA. Whenever it played, everyone stopped what they were doing and sang that famous reply!

Absolutely - we are making the trip down tonight, but staying at the in-laws in Hawthorne tonight. As Ripper said, hoping for an enjoyable low stress game and would love to see the Joe and Charlie combo kick a lazy 10 b/w them and the Playne Train to continue beasting his opponents.

Go Lions!
hopefully it wont be too wet. safe trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back