Game Day Round 9, 2023 vs North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHF to benefit from several free kicks early and think the line is 4 goals? Should cover that.

Butters to move into Brownlow contention.

Lord to kick 5.

Dixon out is a big headache and with Mitch and Rioli and even bigger one. Our forward line doesn’t look too potent at the moment so will need either a big bag from Todd or our mids to get in on the goals.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Burton swung forward.

Should win comfortably but we will see.

Ports by 27pts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ddn’t realise how experienced Norf’s mids are.

Just Hinkley lowering expectations as usual.

"They have good experience to call on," Hinkley said. "The North Melbourne midfield is full of experience, even without Ben Cunnington this week. Simpkin. Davies-Uniake. Goldstein. Shiels. They have a lot of experience around the ball. They have a strong target in attack in Larkey. Their key backs are really capable players ..."

We've got a long way to go to have a midfield as good as the North Melbourne Football Club. It's a tough competition and someone has to lose.

No Dixon and we are in strife. With Dixon out, it leaves Finlayson and Aliir as the only two talls showing any sort of form. Aliir will be in defence and Finlayson cannot be everywhere. Lord is the most obvious replacement for Charlie but who knows with Ken?

What we really need today is for Todd Marshall to stand up and kick some goals. Seven goals in his last six games is well below the return that most of us expected from Todd at the start of the year. GO Todd!!!

Bit of an upset last night.

No Dixon to crash and bash our forward entries and Teakle still with training wheels so game could be closer than the odds are showing.

Doubt I'll be able to watch the game live today and would be surprised if I read it's worth watching the replay.

Question is will I want to watch the "highlights" package.

Didn't want to come in here trolling after you guys lose, so just wanted to send my early commiserations. You guys (probably) tried really hard.

If I was coaching today I would start JHF on the bench.

North are going to be fired up, so if JHF starts on the ground they've got their opportunity then and there to get stuck into him before the first bounce. Keep him on the bench for that period, let the sting of the first few contests dissipate, then bring him on once everyone is focused on trying to actually win the game.

Should be a comfortable win today but you just never know what could happen down in Tassie. Still remember the reaming of 2013 vs North and the 2018 shitshow vs Hawthorn.

Pardon the interruption. Like the bulk of footy fans I hope Port give Norf an almighty thrashing. All the best to JHF who had the wisdom to depart that failed mob. He knows Arden St is a burial ground for talent and a glorified superannuation fund for C Grade don’t care players on A Grade wages.

Port by a gazillion please

Didn't want to come in here trolling after you guys lose, so just wanted to send my early commiserations. You guys (probably) tried really hard.
No worries, congrats on the win today. Its nice to have some of your young players finding form, it will be exciting to see Lazarro and Zieburr playing alongside Rowell and Anderson after the merger for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back