AFL Toast Round 9: 61 Point win against West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

It was very short on fact and very high on opinion.

Essentially he expressed the opinion what Goddard did to Mitchell was really really bad etc etc etc - left out the fact that it was retribution for Mitchell kneeing/tripping Hooker.

I personally loved what Goddard did to Mitchell, was sticking up for his team mate. Had it have been a close game Goddard would not have done it - a bit that Brereton conveniently left out when expressing his strong opinion.

Also expressed an opinion that booing of Mitchell by Essendon fan's could hurt out chances of winning etc etc etc....

plllllease Dermit.
When did that happen?

It was very short on fact and very high on opinion.

Essentially he expressed the opinion what Goddard did to Mitchell was really really bad etc etc etc - left out the fact that it was retribution for Mitchell kneeing/tripping Hooker.

I personally loved what Goddard did to Mitchell, was sticking up for his team mate. Had it have been a close game Goddard would not have done it - a bit that Brereton conveniently left out when expressing his strong opinion.

Also expressed an opinion that booing of Mitchell by Essendon fan's could hurt out chances of winning etc etc etc....

plllllease Dermit.
Wasn't too bad at the start of the game, but I've been watching the replay (with many pauses and rewinds) today and I've just got to the last quarter. I see what you're saying. Interesting the reaction to Walla kicking that ridiculous 60m goal as well.

One aspect of the game I did like was that we showed a little bit of campaigner - a harder edge than we've shown in a long time. Some well executed bumps by Tippa, Bags and others, Pops slinging the Eagle soft**** out of bounds, team tackling with intent. The early aggressive tone seemed to filter throughout the entire team. I really hope we bring that hardness to the Tuggers this weekend.

Does anyone else think it's weird WC have two blokes called Barrass and Sheed, or is it just me?

I swear, if they draft anyone called Paga or Clarkso I'll flip right out
You may hear Paga but Clarkson is already truncated, just look at the guy.

Just saw the coaches votes jmoo and i reckon there is unique solution this week?

9 Joe Daniher (Ess)
9 Michael Hurley (Ess)
5 Zach Merrett (Ess)
5 David Zaharakis (Ess)
2 Jobe Watson (Ess)

Just saw the coaches votes jmoo and i reckon there is unique solution this week?

9 Joe Daniher (Ess)
9 Michael Hurley (Ess)
5 Zach Merrett (Ess)
5 David Zaharakis (Ess)
2 Jobe Watson (Ess)
haha- yep that one is a slamdunk!

This win feels like a vindication for mine (and many others) preseason prediction of pushing for top four. Not that i am confident now that we will get there, but just that the list itself warranted that assessment. What i underestimated (simply because it was such an unknown) was the cohesion within the team. On reflection, i think we will need this full year to gain consistency.

This win feels like a vindication for mine (and many others) preseason prediction of pushing for top four. Not that i am confident now that we will get there, but just that the list itself warranted that assessment. What i underestimated (simply because it was such an unknown) was the cohesion within the team. On reflection, i think we will need this full year to gain consistency.
Top four is incredibly optimistic!

Would be happy if they made top 8 and even if they don't I think we have made a big leap forward in a lot of key areas!

I think now we need to re-assess our pass mark.

For me its as follows.

Win a final = Great year
Top 8 = Good year - Pass
9-12 - A little unders but not bad depending on how we play.
13 - 18 - Poor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me its as follows.

Win a final = Great year
Top 8 = Good year - Pass
13 - 18 - Poor

I think reassess mid year if you were going to do the exercise

Also in an even year, the difference between 7th and 11th could be % only. So rating on ladder position is probably not the best way of assessing us.

Also in an even year, the difference between 7th and 11th could be % only. So rating on ladder position is probably not the best way of assessing us.
Exactly!

The assessment should be made on the progression of our gameplan which I think we can all agree is very attractive football. And also the progression of our young talent which is also looking promising.

Agree, a lot of it depends on how we play as I said. I think now though we should be aiming for top eight and should be disappointed if we don't make it.

If we finish top 8 surely we go all the way and try to pinch a flag it's the most open flag race in years with no real stand outs.
We aren't even in the 8 yet, but travelling to Perth or Adelaide for a final would be very tough.

Does anyone else think it's weird WC have two blokes called Barrass and Sheed, or is it just me?

I swear, if they draft anyone called Paga or Clarkso I'll flip right out

Now we need the Eagles to draft Kenned, Hafe, McHal and Parki.

For me its as follows.

Win a final = Great year
Top 8 = Good year - Pass
13 - 18 - Poor

For mine nothing has changed, I felt we were somewhere between 8th to 12th however with the draw and if the side gelled then I felt we were well placed to make a run for the eight but needed a lot to go right and so far it is looking like its going well.

If we can get to the bye with another win or two and with no major injuries then I will start to think about lifting the expectations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back