Unofficial Preview Round 9 - Bloods vs Saints 1 Aug @ 5.10 PM @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stats, Masey.

We've been trying to play the corridor the past two seasons but it hasn't always worked as well as it did against Hawthorn (see Tigers game where their back wall picked everything off) though the commentators seemed to think we've only been doing it for two weeks.

What we didn't do was overuse the handball and have it break down through the middle. We went by foot, kicked well and had running targets.
Hooray, someone with a real idea of how we've transitioned the game plan. For me, the guys just have to know when to go, or be cool and wait, there's a line, think they're learning well.

Stephens very stiff to come out of the side
seems to be a kind of 'rotation policy' with the young crew. Mcinerney also stiff to miss out. Stoddart, McLean, McInerny, Ling, Warner, Stephens, Bell, ET.. all played just a few games, Wicks and OConnor upgraded to senior list so they can play.
With reduced list sizes on the way.. Im thinking we're trialling the list. A few hard (and unfair) decisions ahead

seems to be a kind of 'rotation policy' with the young crew. Mcinerney also stiff to miss out. Stoddart, McLean, McInerny, Ling, Warner, Stephens, Bell, ET.. all played just a few games, Wicks and OConnor upgraded to senior list so they can play.
With reduced list sizes on the way.. Im thinking we're trialling the list. A few hard (and unfair) decisions ahead
And building some trade currency.

A kid with a few AFL games has more inherent value than a NEAFL player.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the squad rotation and youth getting opportunities.

Last few weeks it seems to be around 3-4 inexperienced young players getting an opportunity. And older squad players like Gray rotating in and out for other experienced players.

It has been good that they have been getting at least two consecutive games. So they can consolidate what they experience in their first game. I am guessing Bell and Ling might get 2-3 games then drop back to the reserves to give someone else a chance.

I am not sure about Elijah. I feel he is best 22 right now. Because he seems an attacking threat in the forward line and capable of winning a 50/50 contest especially when the ball hits the ground.

Stephens had a good run of games. And is starting to look comfortable with the pace and physicality of the game. Which will help him next year.

At this stage Foot, Wicks and Maibaum are players I would want to get a look at. Since they are uncontracted and potentially fills a need. Foot seems like a nice running player with the ball on the wing or half forward. Wicks seems like a disciplined pressure forward. Also good to see what Maibaum offers as defensive depth. Gould is already contracted for next season but will probably get a few games also. Knoll/Amartey might get games as a second ruck since that is an obvious area of concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back