Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Swans reserves played today according to the club's twitter. In the video was Foot, Wicks, Warner, Amartey, O'Connor, Reynolds (!!), Rowles, McInerney, Maibaum, Gould and Melican.

Not sure what that means for selection, but that leads me to believe Rampe will play.

COR or even Thurlow could come in potentially (if Rampe isn’t playing).

Could in theory bring in McLean too i guess (just mentioning players not obviously on the video)

ScottBo

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't want to come over all Oliver Stone but is that Stephens (in the line behind Gould) at the back of screen and to the left of Melican for the last half a second of that Swans Twitter video?

All it's lacking is a grassy knoll. But he'll be back.

COR or even Thurlow could come in potentially (if Rampe isn’t playing).

Could in theory bring in McLean too i guess (just mentioning players not obviously on the video)

That's true, although I still think Rampe will play (I hope he doesn't.)

Thurlow I honestly thought was out of the equation, but I did notice he was an emergency last week. Not sold on him tbh.

COR I like but not sure where he fits as long as Fox keeps performing?

And McLean should be in the team period!

I don't want to come over all Oliver Stone but is that Stephens (in the line behind Gould) at the back of screen and to the left of Melican for the last half a second of that Swans Twitter video?

All it's lacking is a grassy knoll. But he'll be back.

That's what I thought, but looking closer I don't think it is. Having said that I can't figure out for the life of me who it is if not Stephens.

If we win against St Kilda with the players we have... tank destroyed. Buddy coming back... tempting tempting.
If we win this weekend, I'll get a Swans 2020 tattoo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
A couple of stats I thought people would like from the footy live app.

The Swans have scored from 41% Oliver Florent’s kicks inside forward 50. 12th of the top 50 kicks in the AFL.

The Swans are the most direct side in the AFL kicking forward from general play 93% of the time.

In the past 4 rounds we have won 41% of one on one contests we have defended, ranked 2nd.

When moving the ball from defence Swans have used the corridor 24% of the time, 2nd highest.

Other
Swans kicking differential last week (+22%) was the highest differential in 2020.

The Swans have scored from 41% Oliver Florent’s kicks inside forward 50. 12th of the top 50 kicks in the AFL.

The Swans are the most direct side in the AFL kicking forward from general play 93% of the time.

In the past 4 rounds we have won 41% of one on one contests we have defended, ranked 2nd.

When moving the ball from defence Swans have used the corridor 24% of the time, 2nd highest.

Other
Swans kicking differential last week (+22%) was the highest differential in 2020.

Didn't need stats to tell me that Florent's inside 50s, while they miss targets, are still effective. I've been trying to tell everyone that for weeks!

IN - Me
OUT - Champion Data

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney

Other
To be fair, the kicking differential was more hawthorn than us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back