Autopsy Round 9: Changes v Brisbane - Jetta, Salem, Pedo out; ANB, Kent, O McDonald in

Status
Not open for further replies.
ohh and re: Marchbank, yep, would be happy if we went after him, rated him in his draft year, still very raw but its all there, just needs to put on a body.

haha, welcome to the real world son, not long ago all my favourite Melbourne players were 7+ years older than me, nek minnut, everyone you watch is now a kid. :(

My love for ANB has me worried that i could now be classed as a pedo.
I realized that Nath Jones is just 2 years older than me and yet he is a dad and a 200 game footballer while I'm stuck in the same job I have had since uni.

I feel old

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
That's what they said about us in 2013
I know. As a humane person I'm genuinely hoping history doesn't repeat. 2013 is what triggered me in buying a knife to stalk prostitutes in Wapping. We must ensure this never happens again. (Though at this point, my personal killing spree can't be stopped and needs to continue to the gory conclusion of my sensational death - which should be on Sky News in a few years time)

I realized that Nath Jones is just 2 years older than me and yet he is a dad and a 200 game footballer while I'm stuck in the same job I have had since uni.

I feel old

I act like im still 21 but yes, the grey hairs have arrived, it only seemed like yesterday when i was 18.

I tend not to compare my life to that of others, i drink enough alcohol already.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
haha, welcome to the real world son, not long ago all my favourite Melbourne players were 7+ years older than me, nek minnut, everyone i watch now is a kid. :(

My love for ANB has me worried that i could now be classed as a pedo.
You're fine. The Pedo thing isn't about your age, it's about his - and he's in the safe zone. In this scenario you get to claim non-conformist and wear the badge with pride.

I fancy ANB a bit too, but I feel no need to fight you for him......yet.....

You're fine. The Pedo thing isn't about your age, it's about his - and he's in the safe zone. In this scenario you get to claim non-conformist and wear the badge with pride.

I fancy ANB a bit too, but I feel no need to fight you for him......yet.....

Im a cougar? :thumbsu:

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons

I feel old
You posting that makes me feel old. Difference between us is I'm right.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
My mrs does one. She is younger than me though, ******* weird women. :D
From what I understand about those classes, she must be pretty fit if she went back after the first go. That s**t is deadly on endurance. We should sign up Clarry and the Weed for a few weeks. They will either dominate or need a professional for counselling. Worth the risk

From what I understand about those classes, she must be pretty fit if she went back after the first go. That s**t is deadly on endurance. We should sign up Clarry and the Weed for a few weeks. They will either dominate or need a professional for counselling. Worth the risk

Clarry and the fat Kent. Weid needs to hit the bench press.

Yea, she is fit, she did the great ocean road marathon last weekend, i went with her and sat down the Lorne pub for the day and supported her though. Good bloke i am.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Clarry and the fat Kent. Weid needs to hit the bench press.

Yea, she is fit, she did the great ocean road marathon last weekend, i went with her and sat down the Lorne pub for the day and supported her though. Good bloke i am.
So you should - that's massive. Tell her congrats from me. I used to do half marathons for a bit, and building endurance is a slow thing. Feels amazing when you can do it though. Nothing in the world like running when you're fit and get into a zone. It feels for a tiny moment like you can fly

So you should - that's massive. Tell her congrats from me. I used to do half marathons for a bit, and building endurance is a slow thing. Feels amazing when you can do it though. Nothing in the world like running when you're fit and get into a zone. It feels for a tiny moment like you can fly

Reckon id struggle to run 5 laps of the footy oval these days. :$ I go for walks, not runs. Convinced myself im too old for that s**t.

Quite scary, used to be a midfielder and back flanker when i played, endurance was never a problem but been probably 5 years since i went for a proper run. Cricket training hasnt exactly kept me at the peak of my powers, D grade one day slap fest with mates, its pretty much just drinking with cricket thrown in... love my golf though, another sport that you can play via walking. :thumbsu:

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Reckon id struggle to run 5 laps of the footy oval these days. :$ I go for walks, not runs. Convinced myself im too old for that s**t.

Quite scary, used to be a midfielder and back flanker when i played, endurance was never a problem but been probably 5 years since i went for a proper run. Cricket training hasnt exactly kept me at the peak of my powers, D grade one day slap fest with mates, its pretty much just drinking with cricket thrown in... love my golf though, another sport that you can walk playing. :thumbsu:
I hear you. Endurance cardio stuff I once could do, but I don't try too much because I know what I will discover. Do like a walk though and golf is the sport of kings. You can play against yourself and against the course. And you walk, and don't notice or care, and you're often carrying stuff too so there is some unintentional strength thrown in. If I won a massive lottery I would give the finger to work and travel and look at stuff plus have a go on all the golf courses. If that wore off (obviously temporarily only) I'd buy a boat and some rods and tour the estuaries of Australia and catch flatheads. And Dory where you can get it.

I hear you. Endurance cardio stuff I once could do, but I don't try too much because I know what I will discover. Do like a walk though and golf is the sport of kings. You can play against yourself and against the course. And you walk, and don't notice or care, and you're often carrying stuff too so there is some unintentional strength thrown in. If I won a massive lottery I would give the finger to work and travel and look at stuff plus have a go on all the golf courses. If that wore off (obviously temporarily only) I'd buy a boat and some rods and tour the estuaries of Australia and catch flatheads. And Dory where you can get it.

Going to the US of A next year with a mate, playing TPC Sawgrass (same course that Jason Day won the PGA on last week) Looking forward to the 17th island green. :thumbsu:

61536457_scaled_620x307.jpg

^
STUNNING !!

Pebble Beach the other we are playing. Augusta has like a 12 year wait list unless youre a members guest. Im sure you could bribe a member for a round but cant be arsed so skipped that.

What do you play off Gander?

I feel old
Don't feel too bad, he is in the same boat as you, stuck in the same bloody job since leaving school. o_O

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Going to the US of A next year with a mate, playing TPC Sawgrass (same course that Jason Day won the PGA on last week) Looking forward to the 17th island green. :thumbsu:

^
STUNNING !!

Pebble Beach the other we are playing. Augusta has like a 12 year wait list unless youre a members guest. Im sure you could bribe a member for a round but cant be arsed so skipped that.

See you're all serious and at the calculating handicap and all. I'm pretty new and until 3 weeks ago was using hired clubs on the occasions when I could talk a few mates into 9 holes for fun. But 3 weeks ago it got serious - I've got clubs and s**t and I'm properly a member of a golf club albeit 10 hours drive away from where I actually live as such - but I've been back and forth because my dad is very frail so I visit him often, so golf membership at the same time in Narooma seemed a great idea. Plus it's a breathtaking course - you drive over the sea at one point (but the back nine are rubbish, but that's fine because the bar is good).

I'm in an official club comp in a month (God help me) so hope to get an official handicap that I can print on a T-shirt and taunt people with. My dad was a ******* awesome golfer.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons

^
STUNNING !!

That reminds me. My sister married an American originally from Augusta. I was excited about that so when I met him I was like "you must totally play golf - tell me your handicap" and he just stared at me. Turns out he thought I was pigeonholing him.

It seems I'm a racist! * him anyway - on closer inspection he is a royal dick anyway.

See you're all serious and at the calculating handicap and all. I'm pretty new and until 3 weeks ago was using hired clubs on the occasions when I could talk a few mates into 9 holes for fun. But 3 weeks ago it got serious - I've got clubs and s**t and I'm properly a member of a golf club albeit 10 hours drive away from where I actually live as such - but I've been back and forth because my dad is very frail so I visit him often, so golf membership at the same time in Narooma seemed a great idea. Plus it's a breathtaking course - you drive over the sea at one point (but the back nine are rubbish, but that's fine because the bar is good).

I'm in an official club comp in a month (God help me) so hope to get an official handicap that I can print on a T-shirt and taunt people with. My dad was a ******* awesome golfer.

Good s**t, and youre a good son PG. :thumbsu: Never played Narooma obviously but if im ever up that way ill have a look-see.

It was either golf or football, i stand by my decision but would have been interesting to see what i could have got down to if kept playing when i was 17-27 years old (played once a month or so only, then i did my back at work, swing hasnt been the same since ill never get that low again) i play about once a fortnight now. Dont get the same distance on drives anymore, just a "one eighty straighty" these days. (still hit over 200m actually but i used to be able to drive certain par 4's that i cant anymore)

Mate im going to states with is off 3, was down to 1 at one stage, he went -8 in a round this year.. :eek:

Ive never broken par but have been even twice when i was good but i dont get close these days, always in the +7 to +15 range, steady eddy.

edit: oh yea i was off 6 when i was 16 years old but im off 11 now.

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne

I feel old

Don't feel bad, I'm in the same boat and He's 3 years younger than me....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back