Autopsy Round 9: Changes v Brisbane - Jetta, Salem, Pedo out; ANB, Kent, O McDonald in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another I'm wondering about is Zac Jones. Doesn't sound like he's having a great time at Sydney, and has been leapfrogged by all of this year's picks already. If we could get him relatively cheaply/in good faith - we could try and make a small defender out of him. Especially pertinent if Jetta goes home.

As an aside, I'd love Grimes to get two games at least to get him on a locker.

You know what's a scary thought? Of current players (if I'm doing this right), Grimes has played the fifth most games for Melbourne.

1. Nathan Jones (209)
2. Lynden Dunn (165)
3. Colin Garland (139)
4. Jack Watts (123)
5. Jack Grimes (98)
6. Tom McDonald (90)
7. Neville Jetta (81)
7. Jack Trengove (81)
9. Jack Viney (57)
10. Matt Jones (55)

Of those, three are struggling to keep a spot, two haven't played this year, and five are regulars. Boy oh boy, we have an inexperienced list.

DEES LOOK TO DUNN
And we have another late change for the Melbourne v Brisbane Lions clash on Sunday.Cameron Pedersen is injured and has been withdrawn from the Dees' 25-man squad, withLynden Dunn coming in. Dunn hasn't played senior footy since the Demons' round six loss to St Kilda.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-20/late-mail-live-round-nine

From our named squad, I'd be interested in a team like this:

B: Tomas Bugg | Tom McDonald | Lynden Dunn
HB: Jayden Hunt | Oscar McDonald | Bernie Vince
C: Billy Stretch | Clayton Oliver | Dom Tyson
HF: Jack Watts | Colin Garland | Christian Petracca
F: Jeff Garlett | Jesse Hogan | Ben Kennedy
R: Max Gawn | Nathan Jones | Jack Viney
I/C: Viv Michie | Dean Kent | Alex Neal-Bullen | Jack Grimes

E: Josh Wagner | Ben Newton | James Harmes

Who's going to chop out Gawn? Dunn? McDonald? ... Stretch?

From our named squad, I'd be interested in a team like this:

B: Tomas Bugg | Tom McDonald | Lynden Dunn
HB: Jayden Hunt | Oscar McDonald | Bernie Vince
C: Billy Stretch | Clayton Oliver | Dom Tyson
HF: Jack Watts | Colin Garland | Christian Petracca
F: Jeff Garlett | Jesse Hogan | Ben Kennedy
R: Max Gawn | Nathan Jones | Jack Viney
I/C: Viv Michie | Dean Kent | Alex Neal-Bullen | Jack Grimes

E: Josh Wagner | Ben Newton | James Harmes

Who's going to chop out Gawn? Dunn? McDonald? ... Stretch?
Robert Walls is about to get his wish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean, "just give him a run in the ruck" can be applied to all 22 players?
hahaha.

In all seriousness, didn't Dunn step in as the chop-out circa 2009?

B Billy Stretch, Tom McDonald, Tomas Bugg

HB Josh Wagner, Oscar Mcdonald, Bernie Vince

C Clayton Oliver, Dom Tyson, Jayden Hunt

HF Jack Watts, Lynden Dunn, Jeff Garlett

F Christian Petracca, Jesse Hogan, Ben Kennedy

FOL Max Gawn, Nathan Jones, Jack Viney

Inter: Dean Kent, Ben Newton, Alex Neal-Bullen, James Harmes

Give O Mac a go against a team that dont have strong key position forwards! All Interchange Players that Ive listed have the ability to give teams a head-ache up forward. All 4 of these guys have been able to kick 3 goal hauls on their day. All 4 can also spend time in midfield.

I'd love Dunny to come in and have a good game, and therefore whatever non-football related reason is keeping him out of the side becomes redundant. I was all for dropping Pedo anyway, FWIW

Another I'm wondering about is Zac Jones. Doesn't sound like he's having a great time at Sydney, and has been leapfrogged by all of this year's picks already. If we could get him relatively cheaply/in good faith - we could try and make a small defender out of him. Especially pertinent if Jetta goes home.

Whilst I think Jetta will stay I'd be up for getting Jones anyway. We don't really have depth in Jettas position aside from Grimes, and I can see Grimes leaving at the end of the year.

This game worries me like the Essendon one did.

I was petrified pre Essendon game and those thoughts proved well founded, for some reason this week i feel a sense of calm and am convinced we will smash them.

Weird but im going with it.

Every winnable game is a worry until we prove we are consistent with our attitude every week.
Agree.
I was petrified pre Essendon game and those thoughts proved well founded, for some reason this week i feel a sense of calm and am convinced we will smash them.

Weird but im going with it.
We've managed to beat Pies, Tigers and Suns all of whom were under the pump in the week/s leading up to us but something really ins't sitting right with me on this one.
The fact they've made 100 changes so they'll be hungry blokes wanting to prove a bit.
Need to snuff em out early

Agree.

We've managed to beat Pies, Tigers and Suns all of whom were under the pump in the week/s leading up to us but something really ins't sitting right with me on this one.
The fact they've made 100 changes so they'll be hungry blokes wanting to prove a bit.
Stinks of deck chairs on the Titanic though. I mean, Trent West?!

Agree.

I think the sense of calm is because of a similar team, GC, that we destroyed. They will get some goals on the counter attack but their defence leaks like a sieve, if we win the midfield battle (which we should) all sorts of scoreboard damage is possible.

For as crud as Essendon are their defence isnt as bad as you think. Just off the top of my head they have kept us, Norf and Geelong to respectable scores.

Carlton (another good defence) worries me, any side we play at the dome, also worried. This week she's all apples though.

First 10 minutes will tell us all we need to know about the attitude. Even when we started ordinary against the GC the attitude was there, blokes were going in after the ball. I have no doubt Brisbane will try and hang tough early after last weeks 1st quarter performance, i just want to see our players having a maniacal dip. The scoreboard will take care of itself from the second quarter onwards if we bring the right stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back