Autopsy Round 9: Changes v Brisbane - Jetta, Salem, Pedo out; ANB, Kent, O McDonald in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the sense of calm is because of a similar team, GC, that we destroyed. They will get some goals on the counter attack but their defence leaks like a sieve, if we win the midfield battle (which we should) all sorts of scoreboard damage is possible.

For as crud as Essendon are their defence isnt as bad as you think. Just off the top of my head they have kept us, Norf and Geelong to respectable scores.

Carlton (another good defence) worries me, any side we play at the dome, also worried. This week she's all apples though.

First 10 minutes will tell us all we need to know about the attitude. Even when we started ordinary against the GC the attitude was there, blokes were going in after the ball. I have no doubt Brisbane will try and hang tough early after last weeks 1st quarter performance, i just want to see our players having a maniacal dip. The scoreboard will take care of itself from the second quarter onwards if we bring the right stuff.
You've changed my tune Ted.
Thanks mate.

If anything, West is being underused at Brisbane. Decent player and they're hardly having a great time with finding tall timber.

Confirmed changes:

In: ANB, Kent, O Mac
Out: Jetta, Salem, Pedersen

Hunt, Harmes and Wagner can't complain about jot being given ample opportunity. Performance isn't entirely marrying up with selection. Harmes has played two poor games out of his last three and Hunt is barely touching the ball.

I assumed Dunn would come in but clearly he's on the outer now. T Mac I guess goes forward to take on second ruck duties.

So Bris will have Freeman (198), Schache (199) and West (199) in the forward and we have O-Mac (196) and and T-mac (194) and Garland (191) perhaps to match up on them?

I swear Roos said something in the presser along the lines of "we should of had an extra tall"? As long as we win in the middle we will be fine but we really seem to have some interesting ideas when it comes to defending this year.

So Bris will have Freeman (198), Schache (199) and West (199) in the forward and we have O-Mac (196) and and T-mac (194) and Garland (191) perhaps to match up on them?

I swear Roos said something in the presser along the lines of "we should of had an extra tall"? As long as we win in the middle we will be fine but we really seem to have some interesting ideas when it comes to defending this year.
Probably should have included Frost over Garland, but we're not the team that needs to do the negating here. The coaches are probably relying on the ball not getting down to their forward line enough thanks to the diamond, and then relying on poor kicking from the Lions when they do get it down there. Aggressive coaching, I don't mind it. Just hope it doesn't backfire.

Probably should have included Frost over Garland, but we're not the team that needs to do the negating here. The coaches are probably relying on the ball not getting down to their forward line enough thanks to the diamond, and then relying on poor kicking from the Lions when they do get it down there. Aggressive coaching, I don't mind it. Just hope it doesn't backfire.
Frost got injured and didn't finish the game for Casey last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Frost got injured in the VFL anyway. Only other option is Dunn and while only slightly taller than Garland would be able to muscle the younger forwards. That's how I view it also, aggressive coaching.

I think the sense of calm is because of a similar team, GC, that we destroyed. They will get some goals on the counter attack but their defence leaks like a sieve, if we win the midfield battle (which we should) all sorts of scoreboard damage is possible.

For as crud as Essendon are their defence isnt as bad as you think. Just off the top of my head they have kept us, Norf and Geelong to respectable scores.

Carlton (another good defence) worries me, any side we play at the dome, also worried. This week she's all apples though.

First 10 minutes will tell us all we need to know about the attitude. Even when we started ordinary against the GC the attitude was there, blokes were going in after the ball. I have no doubt Brisbane will try and hang tough early after last weeks 1st quarter performance, i just want to see our players having a maniacal dip. The scoreboard will take care of itself from the second quarter onwards if we bring the right stuff.

Also, we're coming off a loss and haven't been pumped up by the media all week so relatively confident the boys will have their heads in the right spot.

Omac in, should the derision & bashing start now?

#FreeGrimes
#FreeTrengove
#FreeNewton
#FreeHat
#FreedKent

#FreeWeid

Wait who's got the free weid?

Frost got injured and didn't finish the game for Casey last week.
Sure about that? He's named tomorrow and the missus said he's fine.

Sure about that? He's named tomorrow and the missus said he's fine.
I didn't say he wasn't playing this week, I was responding to replacing Garland with Frost in that post.

From Plapp himself.

Sam Frost: Sam played about a quarter and a half and then injured himself and took no further part in the game.

I didn't say he wasn't playing this week, I was responding to replacing Garland with Frost in that post.

From Plapp himself.
If he's fine to play for Casey and isn't injured I don't think that's a reason for him not to come in over garland

He got no treatment post game for it and made no complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back