Opinion Round 9 Changes vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
tempting to bring Balic back if he's over his illness but hard to drop anyone on today's effort.
Balic played Half Back in 4 cut throat finals for Peel last yr got better with each outing. Play him in Ibbo's spot. Ibbo is shot!! Actually Luke Ryan is his ready made replacement. 9 yrs younger and a much better kick. the kid just needs more games at peel to get his fitness up

Unfortunately if Stevie is fit then Tucker/Pearce will make way.

Freo need to sneak some afl game into the next generation players. Ibbo,sutty had their chance as role players now is the time to give some chances for other players. I am surprised nobody mention tucker , I thought he had a great game .

I honestly don't mind the player mix at the moment - we're winning, enough , and there's so many next gen players bursting through . But yeah i'd prefer to speed that regeneration up even if Sutty, Ibbo , Pearce , Suban , Dawson types do enough to ' keep the wolves at bay'. Time to move on. The game has.

When people want Pearce out, is it because he's old? I thought he was quite good and should get another run next week.
This is the issue for the Ibbotson, Spurr and Pearce. Some have them borderline 22, and would rather play a person 25 and under, to get some more AFL experience with out loosing much.

I rate Spurr a lot higher than most, his marking and defensive work is brilliant but I would have no issue with Pearce or Ibbotson going out for Balic or Ryan.

When people want Pearce out, is it because he's old? I thought he was quite good and should get another run next week.

Yeah that's one of the reasons . It's enough of a reason to drop him per se given we're supposedly rebuilding. Just don't see what point having in there does - unless we're really aiming for a premiership which is plausible given how even this year is , even then he's not exactly a finals beast is he?

Yep he wasn't too bad today but if SHill is ready to go next week someone has to come out and would think he is the like for like replacement.
Oh I 100% agree if Hilly is ready but he has to go but I don't think he was too bad, and he was comfortably better than many others in the WAFL last week. Just think it's a tad harsh considering it's his first game back. It's not like he's Nick Suban bad either haha. But I get your point, Ibbo would be on the chopping block before Pearce though imo.

This is the issue for the Ibbotson, Spurr and Pearce. Some have them borderline 22, and would rather play a person 25 and under, to get some more AFL experience with out loosing much.

I rate Spurr a lot higher than most, his marking and defensive work is brilliant but I would have no issue with Pearce or Ibbotson going out for Balic or Ryan.
Yeah I'm 100% with you on Spurr, has the odd brain fade but his marking has saved so many certain goals this year. I agree we need to get the youngsters in there but I'm not against giving Pearce another game based on today's performance, unless Hilly is ready I say we keep him in for Carlton.

Yeah that's one of the reasons . It's enough of a reason to drop him per se given we're supposedly rebuilding. Just don't see what point having in there does - unless we're really aiming for a premiership which is plausible given how even this year is , even then he's not exactly a finals beast is he?
We're in a pretty lucky position imo. We've played some pretty good footy this year but like a lot of sides filled with inexperience we're bound to have tough patches here and there. It's funny, because we could quite easily be 3-5 and we wouldn't even be discussing Pearce being in. Are we competing for a finals spot? I don't really know to be honest.

We're in a pretty lucky position imo. We've played some pretty good footy this year but like a lot of sides filled with inexperience we're bound to have tough patches here and there. It's funny, because we could quite easily be 3-5 and we wouldn't even be discussing Pearce being in. Are we competing for a finals spot? I don't really know to be honest.

Great point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're definitely on a path to challenge for a finals berth at 5-3...It's all coming down to us having a deep midfield division and our forward structure changing(releases Walters) imo.
Add Hilly back in to the fray & we're strengthened even further.

Would love to get AP back soon,he'd be a massive in for us!

No to Ballas as the guy is not the future.

He needs to earn his place as well.

our defence has been playing well collectively in general and yet the same people want to scapegoat Spurr and Ibbotson. Both are not fluid type players but have been doing their role reasonably. turnovers happen every game in large numbers. the team as a whole has been playing well and unless superior talents like stephen hill are fit then no change is likely. Injuries aside, does Balic come back in for Pearce.? Pearce was ok, he looks like he has lost a step so ....

If Balic and Hill are fit they have to play, so d pearce is out. Let's hope that just because we re 5-3 we suddenly don't go for experience for the sake of it because we are "in contention". The bigger picture has to prevail.
Sandi looks like he needs a rest, the trouble is over the next 2 weeks we have Kreuzer and Jacobs so he won't get one. After that we need Griff to come in and pinch hit for a week or two or we will run the big guy into an early retirement.

Dare I say it - does Weller go back to WAFL? A really poor game today and I don't think last week was that good either....

If Balic and Hill are fit they have to play, so d pearce is out. Let's hope that just because we re 5-3 we suddenly don't go for experience for the sake of it because we are "in contention". The bigger picture has to prevail.
Sandi looks like he needs a rest, the trouble is over the next 2 weeks we have Kreuzer and Jacobs so he won't get one. After that we need Griff to come in and pinch hit for a week or two or we will run the big guy into an early retirement.
Give Darcy a taste imo, can't be much worse than griff

People need to watch how peel win a match based on freo defense players , sherriden the only mid that have an OK game. Luke Ryan and Collins all provide the rebuild ingredients.

Freo need to sneak some afl game into the next generation players. Ibbo,sutty had their chance as role players now is the time to give some chances for other players. I am surprised nobody mention tucker , I thought he had a great game .
Yeh didn't get a lot of the ball but showed some class at times and had a tidy disposal efficiency of 84%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back