Prediction Round 9: Changes vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Switta out for Schultz.
Brayshaw out for Blakely
Cerra out for Duman, and... we’ll bring McCarthy straight back in for Hogan.

Can see Switta or Hogan going anywhere.

Cerra, Colyer and Brayshaw need a week off.

Darcy Tucker was just ticking over.
I’d actually prefer him back in the middle like the first couple of games.

Brad Hill looked disinterested.
Alex Pearce had his first poor game f the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s no way we’re dropping Hogan. Our forward structure is garbage. But hogan out and we ll really be hurting

He's playing with a limited preseason and should still be managed properly. He should have a recharge before the bye, should of happened earlier but Essendon a good MU for it.

'Get a grip' lol.

I don't think he will outperform any of our tall forwards so he makes way for Darcy instead of one of Cox, Hogan or Taberner.

Well, be prepared to be disappointed, cause he won’t come out.

He took 3 marks i50 and should have kicked 3. But yeah, not dangerous.

I do want Darcy in though, just not for him.

Cox was good today. Doesn't completely **** himself in a one on one contest or when he attacks the ball, can actually mark also, unlike McCarthy.
McCarthy sucks, Cox is worse. I dont think neither will ever work in a forward line with Tabs and Hogan. Cox has basically the exact same weaknesses and strengths as Tabs (minus the tank) so he has to occupy the same space as Tabs, its never gonig to work. At least McCarthy is s**t at different things so he can stay out of Tabs/Hogans way most of the time.

McCarthy sucks, Cox is worse. I dont think neither will ever work in a forward line with Tabs and Hogan. Cox has basically the exact same weaknesses and strengths as Tabs (minus the tank) so he has to occupy the same space as Tabs, its never gonig to work. At least McCarthy is **** at different things so he can stay out of Tabs/Hogans way most of the time.

Wonder how Kersten would go in this current fwd set up?

Can see Switta or Hogan going anywhere.

Cerra, Colyer and Brayshaw need a week off.

Darcy Tucker was just ticking over.
I’d actually prefer him back in the middle like the first couple of games.

Brad Hill looked disinterested.
Alex Pearce had his first poor game f the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tucker was poor last week as well. Agree he needs a change of role or let’s give North a go.

Colyer will play next week. Take it to the bank.

Hogan has to be injured??? Surely we haven’t made him that bad in just a month of games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuine question, were any of the people that are bagging Colyer at the ground or only watching on TV. Cause he was one of the few guys that gave a s**t today. first, second and third efforts when some guys like Brad ******* Hill barely gave a first.
I don't know what we are going to do with Brayshaw. To see him moved onto Martin at the end as if the coach was saying go and see what a real player plays like was telling. Is dropping him going to do any good? I don't know.
Darcy and Blakely must come in. Must. Cox out. Lobb forward and strictly second ruck.

I don't know what we are going to do with Brayshaw. To see him moved onto Martin at the end as if the coach was saying go and see what a real player plays like was telling. Is dropping him going to do any good? I don't know.

More to the point, dropping Brayshaw for Blakely will do the team some good.

Genuine question, were any of the people that are bagging Colyer at the ground or only watching on TV. Cause he was one of the few guys that gave a **** today. first, second and third efforts when some guys like Brad ******* Hill barely gave a first.

I was at the game and Colyer tried hard, but had no positive impact on the game apart from a nice junk time goal. It doesn't matter how much effort you put in if all the hard work is undone by poor skills and decision making. And that is a major problem we have with a coach who values effort over skill.

Changes definitely need to be made.

IN: Blakely (he needs to be brought back in now), Darcy (if we're serious about him being our future then maybe we should play him), Bewley (give the guy a chance to show what he's got)

OUT: Brayshaw (in serious need of a break at Peel, genuinely seems lost out there), Cox (didn't do anything to cement his spot imo, give him more time in the 2s), Colyer (guy tried his absolute heart out today but his disposal was just appalling, give him time to improve his disposal and he'll be good to go again)

McCarthy sucks, Cox is worse. I dont think neither will ever work in a forward line with Tabs and Hogan. Cox has basically the exact same weaknesses and strengths as Tabs (minus the tank) so he has to occupy the same space as Tabs, its never gonig to work. At least McCarthy is **** at different things so he can stay out of Tabs/Hogans way most of the time.

This is a good point I think. Cox and Tabs are the same type of player. I do rate Cox a lot and think he'll be better than Tabs but right now you can't play Tabs, Cox and Hogan in the same team. Cox is the least beneficial to us right now. McCarthy is a different beast. He's a tall flanker not a KPP.

I was at the game and Colyer tried hard, but had no positive impact on the game apart from a nice junk time goal. It doesn't matter how much effort you put in if all the hard work is undone by poor skills and decision making. And that is a major problem we have with a coach who values effort over skill.
That's not what I saw. Matera's one goal was set up because Colyer went low and hard and pushed it out to him. He made some horrible skill errors but you don't drop a guy for that when you have so many other passengers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back