Quazar

Cancelled
Aug 31, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester United, Colorado Aves
Danger smanger.
What’s with all the soft knobs about the place?

The only question you need to ask is can Freo score more than 50? Because GC sure as hell won’t be scoring more than that.

I don’t think it will be a ‘comprehensive’ win as such but rather a comfy 25 point win in terrible conditions.

67-42 to Freo.

Pull away in the 3rd when we put our go to work pants on.
I'm not laughing at your post - it's the 'soft knobs' remark that induced my reaction, hahaha

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
Until Sean Darcy is making angels in the confetti after the granny, I’m not getting too carried away

CapitalA

Club Legend
Nov 18, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
7-1 and quality players can't get in the team and this is the way we're thinking?

Cobbler is right there's some real Indian scarcity mentality on this board.
Did I say we're gonna lose? I just stated that our only good small lock down def got dropped against 2 good small forwards.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle

MadEyeEmmy

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Jason Sudeikis Good Luck GIF by Apple TV+

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm not laughing at your post - it's the 'soft knobs' remark that induced my reaction, hahaha
Haha.
Last few weeks it’s been the same from some supporters. I’ve maintained my belief throughout.

Essendon - ‘bogey side. We better turn up.’
Result? We flogged them. I predicted 44 point win.

Carlton - ‘Wah wah Curnow… circle jerk McKay. Yada yada Cripps.’
Result? We flogged them. I predicted 30+ point win.

Geelong - ‘Bigger bodies. Key players out. I sleep with the lights on’
Result? Nervy, yet had them buried win.
I predicted 16 point win.

North - ‘We can’t take them lightly! They have a decent midfield’
Result? We flogged them.
I predicted 83 point win.

Gold Coast - ‘They’re actually not too bad. Metricon is a bogey stadium. My mum still packs my lunches’
Result?

Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Haha.
Last few weeks it’s been the same from some supporters. I’ve maintained my belief throughout.

Essendon - ‘bogey side. We better turn up.’
Result? We flogged them. I predicted 44 point win.

Carlton - ‘Wah wah Curnow… circle jerk McKay. Yada yada Cripps.’
Result? We flogged them. I predicted 30+ point win.

Geelong - ‘Bigger bodies. Key players out. I sleep with the lights on’
Result? Nervy, yet had them buried win.
I predicted 16 point win.

North - ‘We can’t take them lightly! They have a decent midfield’
Result? We flogged them.
I predicted 83 point win.

Gold Coast - ‘They’re actually not too bad. Metricon is a bogey stadium. My mum still packs my lunches’
Result?
What’s your prediction then? Just for posterity.
I’ll go first, Freo by 36 just because it will be wet.

Vintage

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Damn it. Really wanted to see Amiss play again. That kid is as classy as they get
Was never going to play this week, would be a deadset liability in the wet.

His time will come, he’s going to be a serious player for us, but hopefully for everyone’s sake including his he only plays a couple of games in 2022 and 2023 - means that Lobb and tabs are healthy. (Or Lobb‘s replacement)

Sweetback

Cancelled
Dec 23, 2014
How do you not read that and see how it applies to Freo fans?

We are staring at our first genuine premiership and it's coming latest by 2025.

Ffs just believe everyone!

Hmm yeah: ‘people need to recognize how not having enough of something can make us so maniacally focused on short-term solutions that we lose sight of our priorities. In those moments, they say, it's important to look up, to notice we are inside a tunnel.’

So not having enough premierships is making Freo fans quibble over minor details, such as whether Brandon Walker (he of the amazing closing speed and perfectly timed fists) plays, will mean we lose this game and regress back to mediocrity, when in fact we need to take a wholistic view and see the improvement of the side as a whole, and know that Brandon’s role can be done by someone else?

Look, I’d like to believe these things, but Freo has damaged me, and although we are doing many things to break convention this year: winning games after big wins, beating the cats in Geelong, winning all our away games, having the best defence, having elite pressure in the front half, etc, it’s going to take a lot to undamage me.

Last edited:

Deveraux

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah not a fan of the 3 talls down back unless we're versing an attack with two tall threats (e.g. calrton geelong). I don't trust that griff has improved his ability to play on smalls. He's literally taken a KPF in every game he's played since being dropped.
Pearce on Casboult, Griff on Chol. Cox is becoming a genuine utility and floating interceptor.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hmm yeah: ‘people need to recognize how not having enough of something can make us so maniacally focused on short-term solutions that we lose sight of our priorities. In those moments, they say, it's important to look up, to notice we are inside a tunnel.’

So not having enough premierships is making Freo fans quibble over minor details, such as whether Brandon Walker (he of the amazing closing speed and perfectly timed fists) plays, will mean we lose this game and regress back to mediocrity, when in fact we need to take a wholistic view and see the improvement of the side as a whole, and know that Brandon’s role can be done by someone else?

Look, I’d like to believe these things, but Freo has damaged me, and although we are doing many things to break convention this year: winning games after big wins, beating the cats in Geelong, winning all our away games, having the best defence, having elite pressure in the front half, etc, it’s going to take a lot to undamage me.

I know I've been a doubter and have suffered since those first few home games held at the WACA at the age of 7.

It's a good system and the coaching, senior and conditioning staff are all mint. The culture and passion is high.

We may even drop a game against GC and I'd still back us in to get the W's back elsewhere.

As you've mentioned it's the constant fretting that we lose because just one player is missing and hence we are exposed to have a bag kicked against us. It was on full display prior to North and the fears vs reality was incomparable.

Humility is always good though, it should be tempered with confidence and a sense of direction.

Back