Toast Round 9 = Collingwood 120-55 GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought yesterday's game was umpired well.

The only few decisions that I remember being completely wrong was the 'push in the back' called by Nicholls against McCreery and the head high on Bobby that wasn't called. There were a few others that, while they didn't go our way, weren't shockers and had some kind of basis to be awarded or not.
The push in the back against Beau was there. High tackles are a lottery - I've got no idea what they're going to pay or not pay - except I always know that when Johnny Noble leans into the tackler and then flings his head back - he'll get the free.

The push in the back against Beau was there. High tackles are a lottery - I've got no idea what they're going to pay or not pay - except I always know that when Johnny Noble leans into the tackler and then flings his head back - he'll get the free.
Push in the back for me is all about context. Martin on Friday night appeared to get away with what Beau got penalised for.

The Martin non-call though was, in my view, correct as he pushed the player in the shoulder and not the back. The AFL clarified the rule changes in 2018, so maybe it has changed since then, but it states that a player can place their hands on the back of their opponent to protect their position but can't push with their hands:

The argument I guess is what area is considered a player's back - is it the entirety of their back, or does it exclude a player's shoulders?

Push in the back for me is all about context. Martin on Friday night appeared to get away with what Beau got penalised for.

The Martin non-call though was, in my view, correct as he pushed the player in the shoulder and not the back. The AFL clarified the rule changes in 2018, so maybe it has changed since then, but it states that a player can place their hands on the back of their opponent to protect their position but can't push with their hands:

The argument I guess is what area is considered a player's back - is it the entirety of their back, or does it exclude a player's shoulders?
I'd need to see it again, but I thought he just pushed him in the back moving him under the ball.

Was it more a Travis Cloke in the side job?

I'd need to see it again, but I thought he just pushed him in the back moving him under the ball.

Was it more a Travis Cloke in the side job?
I haven't seen the replay either, but was on level 2 where it happened and thought it was a poor decision. From my recollection, it looked to me as though Beau edged him under the ball and didn't forcefully push him, with any force exerted on his shoulder.

If it was Hawkins ...

Jesus Jonbe, you always sound so bitter about this. Therapy? Brothel? Give them both a go.
sr you don't have to like or agree with it but I'm 69 years old and I've seen a lot.

My mother was one of the ORIGINAL suffragettes in Britain as a young woman - she was actually part of that original sisterhood of marchers and marched through all the larger northern cities of Britain when doing so was physically dangerous. I was taught from day one what the goals of the great movement was about. And it had to do with EQUALITY and promoting a truly caring PARTNERSHIP with men - not the persecution and victimization of men.

Then the snake and her cronies got hold of the movement and twisted it into a machine for the persecution of men.

Just because you have swallowed the relentless propaganda of the current mobsters who run it doesn't make them anything less than monsters.

So enjoy your happy acceptance of a convenient truth and all power to you my friend.

sr you don't have to like or agree with it but I'm 69 years old and I've seen a lot.

My mother was one of the ORIGINAL suffragettes in Britain as a young woman - she was actually part of that original sisterhood of marchers and marched through all the larger northern cities of Britain when doing so was physically dangerous. I was taught from day one what the goals of the great movement was about. And it had to do with EQUALITY and promoting a truly caring PARTNERSHIP with men - not the persecution and victimization of men.

Then the snake and her cronies got hold of the movement and twisted it into a machine for the persecution of men.

Just because you have swallowed the relentless propaganda of the current mobsters who run it doesn't make them anything less than monsters.

So enjoy your happy acceptance of a convenient truth and all power to you my friend.
This ones for you:

The shoulders are not and never have been the back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get what you're saying RE Maynard to a certain extent. Maybe there's a tiny bit of doubt on his shoulder given it was a similar injury and return time frame to Lipinski who re-did his only a few months ago.

That said he has still been launching at tackles and landing on the shoulder so I'm not sure I can give him that out. There's also the factor that we haven't really needed him to do more than he's doing now because Nick Daicos is the distributor of all distributors.
Lipinski copped a break in a bone in his shoulder, so it was a different injury.
The original surgery was intact, so Maynard has nothing to fear in respect of the surgery failing.

I have a book for you guys. Let me know if you would like to buy a copy

FtsWIitaAAEvmjL.jpg

FtsWIiraYAY-VvH.jpg

Should be able to manage players if we have a small injury list. Rest players that need it.
With North, Hawthorn and West Coast coming up surely “rotating” a couple of the blokes that need a little freshen might be considered. Without flirting with form and being smartarses

The truth isn't bad words GH.

Goebbels was a child compared to the snake.

A ponylover. Sigh. First jathanas and I could understand that, someone with his taste in pizza and lack of calves, it's expected. But you jonbe? et tu? et tu?

Not at all GH - my mother was there at the start the fact that the world buys the propaganda of the snake doesn't change the facts.

Wait...your mother was a pony?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back