NRL Round 9 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Have been recovering from surgery so apologies for the lack of activity over the past few days.

Loads of questions to be asked of teams this week and a really tough tipping week coming up, not tonight though as I expect the Broncos to be the Bulldogs by 10 or more.

6pm game between the Knights and Souths should be a beauty and hard to seperate the two sides. You'd think Penrith would be an out of form Cowboys later in the night.

Super Saturday provides 3 excellent games with the Raiders favoured over the Titans, while the Warriors welcome back 3 injured players for the game against Wests along with possibly Issac Luke. The late game should be another beauty with the Sharks hosting a much improved Eels outfit.

The first game on Sunday is clearly the game of the round where St George and Melbourne start the day off. Really should be an absolutely brilliant game with both sides in great form. Either side can win this one and even home ground advantage may not be enough for the Dragons.

Can't see anything other the a big Roosters win on Sunday over Manly.

Unbelievable last couple of penalties to Brisbane. If that happened anywhere else on the field, the suggestion of a penalty would be laughed off.

Ref wanted his name in lights.

Joke of a finish in that game.
If I wanted to watch grown men dive and sook, I'd be watching soccer.
Must be a Queensland thing. First Slater, now Boyd.

CHEATS OF THE HIGHEST ORDER!!!!!!!

Apparently there'd been earlier penalties in the year for the same thing. Very, very soft.
Yup, and it was Slater the dog both times. Got two players sinbinned for diving.

Idk if people are familiar enough with me to automatically know I'm a Panthers fan. But I'm often perplexed by their tactics of conceding a lot of points before attempting to be competitive in the game.

Right back in it now.

Game turning moment in Newcastle when they drop the ball over the line at 16-12 down. Goes up the other end and Souths score. Now I don't mind that, but last night the defender barely touches an attacker and we see a game winning penalty goal and yet when an attacker clearly drags the arm down of a defender, try time. Very confusing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice to get a win, but felt sorry for the Tigers. The 2nd binning was tough. It looks like this Warriors side are clearly better than at any stage over the last 5 or so years, but are also going to have lapses. I'll take that.

Geez how many forward passes were there in that Dragons/ Storm game ? First two tries had a tinge of a forward pass to them. The refs pulled up four or five forwards but there were more. Poor old Billy went over the line a couple of times only to have the pass ruled forward or a team mate ruled offside. Biggest cheer of the day to Cameron Smith who took his time over a line drop out in the dying secs. only to kick into touch and gift the Dragons 2 points.

Ado Carr has to be State of Origin material. It just goes to show that if you take a player who struggles at one club and put him among quality players anything can happen. Carr is absolute dynamite atm.

Not surprised to see no advantage given first when JAC went over, or for all and sundry to miss Smith getting punched in the balls in the lead up to a try., but a deserved win for Saints all the same.

Good effort by Manly.

Not surprised to see no advantage given first when JAC went over, or for all and sundry to miss Smith getting punched in the balls in the lead up to a try., but a deserved win for Saints all the same.

Good effort by Manly.

Game was over at half time. Dragons were better team but it was ******* terrible adjudicating all day.

The problem with that disallowed JAC try was that the Ref did not whistle the infringement up straight away. He let the play go on and that made things worse. The call was correct but the execution was shithouse.

That said maybe that rule also needs to be revisited and a play on to advantage allowed when the attacking team is not disadvantaged by the offending player's actions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back