Preview Round 9: Essendon vs Fremantle, Docklands, Saturday 18/05/19, 7:20 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fremantle like to bully us out of the game and run the standard 'drop a man back'. So the big question is do we 'play the way we want to play' or do we play to win the game?

Fremantle like to bully us out of the game and run the standard 'drop a man back'. So the big question is do we 'play the way we want to play' or do we play to win the game?
We all know the answer to that question is play the way we want to play and if it doesn’t work hope we still manage to win the game somehow.

We will know the eventual result of this game within the first 5 minutes. Like pretty much every one of our games this year.

Are the players up to it? Are they switched on? Defence not going to allow an easy uncontested goal or two to the opposition in the opening minutes?

If Fremantle's odds remain at $2.90 in the opening minutes and this occurs... GET ON QUICKLY. We are pathetically predictable.

I have no confidence at all in the team producing a win I mean how many "line in the sand"

Tell me about it. I ******* hate sand. It’s coarse, rough and irritating and it gets in everywhere. Brings out my dark side.

A lot of similarities between both teams. Both like to run off half back, both have dodgy field kicking, kicking into 50 is usually just bombed in.

Their forwards look slow so we could exploit them there. Hopefully tactically we can match it with them

All we need to do is kick the ball between the big sticks. How do we know which set of sticks? Dyson tells us.

Aim to the right of the post Rampe is hanging off.

A lot of similarities between both teams. Both like to run off half back, both have dodgy field kicking, kicking into 50 is usually just bombed in.

Their forwards look slow so we could exploit them there. Hopefully tactically we can match it with them

Really don't think I can sit through another game heavily based around that particular 'tactic'. Hopefully Joe is on, loiters around 60 out & just pops goals from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back