Preview Round 9: Essendon vs Fremantle, Docklands, Saturday 18/05/19, 7:20 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To think we could finish bottom 4 if we don't start winning.

Need to beat all of Freo,Tigers,Carlton and I can't see that happening

Heads must roll if we miss finals again
No, we can talk it up again that we’re getting closer to the way we want to play, our structures are taking shape and the boys are training really hard. We’ll trade in someone else of profile at year end and make that the focal point as the final piece in the puzzle and the media will buy it once more and so will we :drunk:

The Dockers now getting torn apart on their home turf by an injury depleted Richmond.

This is a game we can well and truly win & a home game against an interstate opponent (when we will get picked to pieces by the media all week) will be a good start.

Fremantle have won 2 of their last 15 ‘away’ games.

I’m not falling for the ‘how wonderful is Ross Lyon’, ‘their midfield is going to tear us apart’, ‘their pressure game will strangle us’ ... which I know we will hear a lot of this week because we are coming off a loss and it’s Debbie Downer central.

Our last outing at Etihad was a great one (10 goal win on Good Friday) and I think we can win a tough game.

The Dockers now getting torn apart on their home turf by an injury depleted Richmond.

This is a game we can well and truly win & a home game against an interstate opponent (when we will get picked to pieces by the media all week) will be a good start.

Fremantle have won 2 of their last 15 ‘away’ games.

I’m not falling for the ‘how wonderful is Ross Lyon’, ‘their midfield is going to tear us apart’, ‘their pressure game will strangle us’ ... which I know we will hear a lot of this week because we are coming off a loss and it’s Debbie Downer central.

Our last outing at Etihad was a great one (10 goal win on Good Friday) and I think we can win a tough game.
Tigers defensive pressure & tackling huge. We are nowhere near that, but will need to be better than the last few weeks.

Hope Worsfold is watching the Tigers

Clarke for Daniher will probably be the only change made.

Wouldn't mind seeing Mynott debut for Myers but I'm not banking on that happening.

Also wouldn't mind seeing McKenna dropped, McGrath to play more behind the ball and Ridley to come back in but that's probably not going to happen either.

And while I appreciate youth playing several games before they're dropped, Ham is playing too early.

Clarke for Daniher will probably be the only change made.

Wouldn't mind seeing Mynott debut for Myers but I'm not banking on that happening.

Also wouldn't mind seeing McKenna dropped, McGrath to play more behind the ball and Ridley to come back in but that's probably not going to happen either.

And while I appreciate youth playing several games before they're dropped, Ham is playing too early.

Ham will be dropped for Baguley. That is guaranteed.

Didn't see it personally but apparently Fyfe in trouble for a high elbow on Lynch late in the final qtr. Anyone see the incident?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd just play the up and coming talent. Don't just omit them after one game.
Francis is just a solid footballer, i'd just play him in his favourite position on the field. Give him time. Same with Begley when he's ready. Same with Langford, etc. Maybe Kobe. I'd even play Mckernan as a ruck/forward for a season. Give them a full season, even if the team stagnates, at least those players get proper AFL experience.

Heay Lloydy, which Essendon player is a liability, it was Tom Lynch last week, name at least a dozen so they can hopefully respond and turn up Saturday night. Thanks

Fyfe 100% will not play. Didn't raise his elbow til he ran past the contest. 0 chance of getting off. Will make our defeat even more humilating, but on the plus side will fill my bank account.

Saad Ambrose Francis
Redman Hurley McKenna
McGrath Heppell Zaharakis
Fantasia Daniher Stringer
Walla Hooker Guelfi
Bellchambers Shiel Merrett
Parish D.Clarke Smith Ridley

Big game this week. Season defining and if we lose we are cooked. I would start Hooker and Daniher forward to give the forward line some potency, can swap Hooker and Francis if this move isn't working. Ridley comes back to play the role Ham did on the wing. Dylan Clarke deserves a go for once at the expense of Myers. Guelfi edges Begley just but its a tough call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back