Preview Round 9: Essendon vs Fremantle, Docklands, Sunday 16/05/2021 @ 1:10 PM AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replace Gleeson with Cahill and I am with you.
Nope. Regardless of whether or not you think he'll make it it should be exclusively fringe players who don't need full games each week.

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Out: Stringer (inj) Hooker (rest) Cox (rest)

In: Zaharkis, Gleeson and Guelfi

FB: Laverde Stewart Francis

CHB: Heppell Ridley Hind

C: Ham Merrett Redman

CHF: Perkins Jones Langford

FF: Snelling Wright McDonald-Tipungwuti

R: Phillips McGrath Parish

I: Smith Gleeson Zaharkis Guelfi

Sub: Ambrose

Feb 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester City San Antonio Spurs
Out: Stringer, Phillips
In: Waterman, Bryan

Laverde Stewart Ridley
Heppell Francis Hind
Langford Merrett Cox
Waterman Jones Snelling
Tippungwuti Hooker Wright
Bryan McGrath Parish
Redman Perkins Ham Smith
Guelfi

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
I'd go;-

OUT: Stringer, Hooker, Cox
IN: Waterman, Ambrose, Guelfi

Team;-

Francis Stewart Laverde
Redman Ridley Hind
Heppell Merrett Guelfi
Perkins Langford Snelling
2MP Jones Tippa

Phillips Parish McGrath

Bench: Smith Ham Waterman Ambrose
SUB: Zakka or Gleeson

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
Why are people suggesting Hooker out?

You're right - on form this year no way should he be 'rested' - 22 goals from 8 games at an average of 2.8...wow!! But he just looked really hampered last game against the Giants - and I feel like a week off would benefit him. Come to think of it though - he has looked 'hampered' for the last 3 or 4 years - maybe its just his running style - yet still provides a key forward target for us and is able to mark the ball, or bring it to ground - or at least make a contest.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
You're right - on form this year no way should he be 'rested' - 22 goals from 8 games at an average of 2.8...wow!! But he just looked really hampered last game against the Giants - and I feel like a week off would benefit him. Come to think of it though - he has looked 'hampered' for the last 3 or 4 years - maybe its just his running style - yet still provides a key forward target for us and is able to mark the ball, or bring it to ground - or at least make a contest.

He’s just slow, that’s what he is and it isn’t gonna change, he still provides a target and is super competitive, our other key forwards need him there, he’s every chance to fill his boots on the goal tally the next two matches, give him a spell after that if need be.

Oct 6, 2020
Narre Warren South
AFL Club
Essendon
Nope, back to Thursday's this week apparently. But ours will probably be 8 on the bench
Nah it's back to Thursday starting from next week.

IrEAJ8W.jpg

You are right though, if they were bringing back Thursday teams this week our team wouldn't be fully confirmed until Friday night:

UMnJRBt.jpg

Source.

Nah it's back to Thursday starting from next week.

IrEAJ8W.jpg

You are right though, if they were bringing back Thursday teams this week our team wouldn't be fully confirmed until Friday night:

UMnJRBt.jpg

Source.
What a joke. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back