Autopsy Round 9 = Fremantle 61-49 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't posted on this site in years (you can tell by my outdated logo).

That was such a piss weak, s**t arse performance I had to go somewhere to vent.

Mihocek needs to be dropped - he's been completely absent up forward. Doesn't lead, doesn't create space, doesn't present, doesn't get in front, doesn't tackle. He's been a massive cog in our forward dysfunction.

Midfield?? Hello?? Is it all Pendles and that's it??

Scared football - why are we so scared to take the game on?

And lastly. CULTURE. If anyone thinks the shitshow happening around the club hasn't been affecting us, think again. Bloody sick of this club self-sabotaging every year with *ing bullshit! Eddie, you've been great, 20 years, but you're done. Take your bogan ass and GTFO!

That was disappointing.

Longmuir knew exactly how to play against us, and with their bye coming up they threw everything at us. And it was enough.

WTF is a midfield mix of Treloar, Adams and Elliot?

Thought Bucks started off as a midfielder?

Any donkey knows you can't have 3 offensive one-way running inside mids in the same rotation... Why do you think Danger does well with Selwood... Why does Martin thrive with Cotchin? Why is Neale leading Brownlow with Neale? Just like what?

Same problems.

Grundy connectivity poor with mids.

Kicking for goal letting us down. Can't get clear enough in Q1, with today being really poor with errors. Forward line dysfunctional.

Many similar passengers - Mayne, Phillips, WHE, Thomas, Varcoe.

How many handballs to bloke under pressure. Unbelievable.

And yes, umpiring helped their cause.

Thanks to Moore, Maynard, Noble and welcome back to Sidebottom.

What a season to forget:
- Sidebottom debacle
- Eddie making a fool of himself, again.
- Howe season ending injury
- De Goey assault charges
- De Goey 6 weeks for a FINGER!
- Pendles injury
- Winnable draw against Richmond
- Winnable loss against GWS
- Most embarrassing loss to Essendon in ages
- Gutless 77 point loss to West Coast followed immediately by a gutless, embarrassing performance against a bottom 4 minnow in Freo.

But hey at least we beat St Kilda... 🤙

2020 can honestly f*ck right off.

I haven't posted on this site in years (you can tell by my outdated logo).

That was such a piss weak, sh*t arse performance I had to go somewhere to vent.

Mihocek needs to be dropped - he's been completely absent up forward. Doesn't lead, doesn't create space, doesn't present, doesn't get in front, doesn't tackle. He's been a massive cog in our forward dysfunction.

Midfield?? Hello?? Is it all Pendles and that's it??

Scared football - why are we so scared to take the game on?

And lastly. CULTURE. If anyone thinks the shitshow happening around the club hasn't been affecting us, think again. Bloody sick of this club self-sabotaging every year with f*n bullshit! Eddie, you've been great, 20 years, but you're done. Take your bogan ass and GTFO!

With Mihocek, I just don’t follow how he is being utilised. At the moment, I feel as though the instruction is to just plonk the ball in his direction (ala Travis Cloke which didn’t work either)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Poor performance again which is disappointing, although not surprising with our senior coach and a key assistant have to stay away from the team all week (on top of all of the other chronic problems we have in the midfield and with our apparent total lack of anything resembling structure or attacking football in our forward half).

We've well and truly moved beyond the stage where cracks are appearing and are now teetering on the edge of a yawing chasm, which will swallow any hopes we have of even a moderately successful season if we can't turn around our lack of hunger, apparent phobia in relation to playing any sort of attacking football and really bad habit dropping everyone back in defense and then having nothing forward of the ball to kick to.

It's going to be hard to turn this around given the leaders we have missing and the poor choices the leaders we do have continue to make, but hopefully someone pulls their finger out and starts dragging the others forward with them.

tenor.gif

And I'm being serious. It's to recognise that this list is has more holes in it than Swiss cheese and that we are nowhere near a flag. It's time to panic and realise that we need a rebuild. The longer people keep deluding themselves, the worse-off we will be long-term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our backline is great. Our midfield and forward lines are terrible. We never seem to have a one on one, or even take many contested marks. We have no natural forwards apart from De Goey, who's probably gone.

Elliott is not a midfielder, Thomas is not a crumber, and Cameron is more of a ruck than chf at this stage. We can't play that many people out of position and do well.

We’re just not good enough. Play some kids, work on new attacking mindsets and look for next year.
probably still win enough games to play finals in this crazy season but maybe not.

Our backline is great. Our midfield and forward lines are terrible. We never seem to have a one on one, or even take many contested marks. We have no natural forwards apart from De Goey, who's probably gone.

Elliott is not a midfielder, Thomas is not a crumber, and Cameron is more of a ruck than chf at this stage. We can't play that many people out of position and do well.

Couldn’t agree more with this post

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our midfield was overrated before we lost Pendlebury; without him it’s wrist-slashing material. Reef McInnes better be the second coming of Jesus because we get killed every week, Grundy or no Grundy.

Bucks is going to have to decide if he’s really the man for the job, because that tennis s**t was embarrassing and our best option is to play the kids this season, so where does that leave us for 2021?

Woeful effort.Our Midfield is hopeless.Can not win clearance to save themselves.No forward line again.The umpires cheated,pure and simple.Every time we looked like scoring in the last five minutes they pulled out a free kick from nowhere to relieve the pressure on Fremantle,It was just so obvious they wanted them to win

43 hit outs and we get smashed in the clearances, we have to get better at that segment. We are too predictable, hitting stationary players that are then clamped down tackled. We need to block and get some players running through.

we were really kept in the game by Moore, Noble, IQ and Maynard.

I think we were trying to be too cute at times in the forward line, some times you just have to have a shot.

Soft players (Stevo, WHE and Phillips) exposed again without our top players, we really missed Pendles poise under pressure. Freo could afford to go all out tonight with the week off.

We didn’t win too many positions tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back