Preview Round 9 Freo vs Carlton at subiaco

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freos key talls could be a huge problem for Carlton down back. McCarthy could kick a bag this week. Carlton will struggle to hold freos talls with no big name key defenders

Even Carltons forwardline smell like rubbish. On paper there only quality is midfield. Murphy,crisps,Gibbs. We keep them relatively quiet and it should be a win by a relatively big margin

Freos key talls could be a huge problem for Carlton down back. McCarthy could kick a bag this week. Carlton will struggle to hold freos talls with no big name key defenders
No tall has taken hold of us this year except Tom lynch... Buddy Dixon Riewoldt hogan Daniher Bruce/membrey (both kicked bags against us last year) have all been ineffectual and beaten by Rowe or silvagni. Rowe isn't a big name because he has little offensive presence but in fact is in the top 5 for least goals conceded to direct opponent over the last 5 years, 3 years and so far this season. Simply put. We don't lose to talls. We lose to silky fast outside mids. Even Tom lynch only kicked a bag because hall and co just had a free walk out of stoppages.

No tall has taken hold of us this year except Tom lynch... Buddy Dixon Riewoldt hogan Daniher Bruce/membrey (both kicked bags against us last year) have all been ineffectual and beaten by Rowe or silvagni. Rowe isn't a big name because he has little offensive presence but in fact is in the top 5 for least goals conceded to direct opponent over the last 5 years, 3 years and so far this season. Simply put. We don't lose to talls. We lose to silky fast outside mids. Even Tom lynch only kicked a bag because hall and co just had a free walk out of stoppages.
Sounds like all carltons tall defenders should be all Australian then

Can't handle an opposing opinion mate?
All the players you have mentioned basically are the only tall forward in their respective team. I can handle a opinion but I think your pumping up your defense up a bit too much. We will see how your team handles fremantles 3 talls this weekend. Then we will see what your opinion is

All the players you have mentioned basically are the only tall forward in their respective team. I can handle a opinion but I think your pumping up your defense up a bit too much. We will see how your team handles fremantles 3 talls this weekend. Then we will see what your opinion is
Yes your front 50 seems a bit taller than most we have played although our defense has been quite tall, I think you'll destroy us through the midfield and the talls could look good because of that. In one-on-ones I'll back rowe and silvagni in however fast breaks of the type hill walters and co can deliver and the big guys will probably roast us. I think your most important big man for the game is actually Sandi - if he can clear kreuzer and nullify Kreuz's follow up work I think it'll be a non-contest this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I agree. Carlton's KPDs are solid and I think are one of your strengths. Especially when you can shift Weitering back if need be. It will be interesting to see how you guys match up on our tall forwards. McCarthy plays both a tall and small forward role so tends to require someone quite agile. Kersten spends a lot of time downfield but is fast enough to get back on the counter and Taberner is improving his contested work and has great endurance so tends to outwork his opponent over a full game.

I think our outside run is probably the worry for you guys, especially with Stephen Hill coming back in alongside his brother. If our inside mids and defenders can release outside it's going to be hard to stop and make it difficult for your defenders. Not surprising analysis given the ins you have for your squad this week.

Should be a good win for us, my bae Tabs to kick a bag

Yes your front 50 seems a bit taller than most we have played although our defense has been quite tall, I think you'll destroy us through the midfield and the talls could look good because of that. In one-on-ones I'll back rowe and silvagni in however fast breaks of the type hill walters and co can deliver and the big guys will probably roast us. I think your most important big man for the game is actually Sandi - if he can clear kreuzer and nullify Kreuz's follow up work I think it'll be a non-contest this game.

I think most people on here respect Carlton, and what they will bring. They will bring Effort, and that obviously is a Rossy Lyon mantra,. It'll be a close game, its the only way we know. Apart from the last Derby, oh and a couple at the start.

Hope you're a brilliant judge of horseflesh SkyhorseTamer cos that'd suit me just fine!
Although winning nailbiters is blood pumping stuff.

With Silly back there's a fair amount of tail to chase.
Desired outcome:Freo win,no injuries.:thumbsu:

I think freo will chuck up a win with ibbo and suban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back