Review Round 9 - Gold Coast @ Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

If we get pumped then yeah sure, but seems like a bit of an overreaction considering we are sitting 3-5 and outside of 2 performances that structure has really held up better than expected.
We are a young team travelling to a ground we have never won at before? against a team that has won 9 straight against us, possibly in the wet. And their midfield is still very strong (Lycett, Boak, SPP, Rockliff) which is an area we are still inconsistent in.

If we leave Adelaide Sunday night with a win I’ll be ecstatic.
I'll be ecstatic too and expect them to win - Dixon, Ebert, Gray, Hartlett, Jonas, Watts, Wines and Burton all out. If you took out our equivalent players, I think this'll show how depleted they are. I just need them to win against a side that will never be riper for plucking or will be very disappointed.

The notion that Port is missing so many of their best 12 players is a bit of an exaggeration.

I would put these guys in their best 12 that are playing this week:

Boak, Rocky, SPP, Houston, Clurey, Howard, Westhoff.

Their midfield is largely still intact, which is what will get us this week.

I do agree though that this is probably our best chance to get them.
Dougal wouldn't be in their top 12 and agree with the others but it's the 8 players missing that will make them very vulnerable if not beatable.

Gee I hope it’s fine weather on Sunday.

Lukosius, Corbett, Wright and King in the same forward line + Sexton.
I hope Port don’t rely on run from the backline to score their goals.

But good on King earning his call-up. Can’t wait to see him in action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These best wishes from Adelaide supporters annoy me.
It’s condescending and we all know they’d screw us over in a heartbeat.
They should stick to enjoying ummm ahhh ummm let me think here ummm Rundle Mall and the Botanic Garden??? Yeah party on with Christopher Pine and overpriced submarines to keep the economy afloat.
Thanks for the contribution peeps.

GC livin...winning.

They should stick to enjoying ummm ahhh ummm let me think here ummm Rundle Mall and the Botanic Garden??? Yeah party on with Christopher Pine and overpriced submarines to keep the economy afloat.

GC livin...winning.
So you want zero opposition supporters to be posting on our board?

That's counter intuitive to the community we are trying to foster here.

We need to be hospitable to our guests unless they're being out and out jerks, In which case they will be dealt with.

To borrow an old Suns catchphrase we need to #RiseUp and be better than that.

Play on, Play nice. ✌️

GC livin...winning.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend

So you want zero opposition supporters to be posting on our board?

That's counter intuitive to the community we are trying to foster here.

We need to be hospitable to our guests unless they're being out and out jerks, In which case they will be dealt with.

To borrow an old Suns catchphrase we need to #RiseUp and be better than that.

Play on, Play nice. ✌️

Well if I’m now getting points with a peace sign from someone who once wrote a pretty abusive post towards me (you might not remember but I sure do BRM) for a post like that pointing out the bleeding obvious then it’s inevitable that I too will be very soon in joining 17er in no longer being on here. Then the prefect mentality people can go after someone else more intensely.
I don’t have many points left now.

Yes I would love to have an opposition free board, the Titans have one called League of Titans, it’s self-regulated, Free of advertising, free of pop ups and is a solid beautiful GC community of salt of the earth Beautiful Gold Coast resident fans.

So VFL Suns fans keep reporting and Gold Coast Suns fans enjoy my final days and weeks.

Met two great blokes through here so it’s been well worth it.

Keep reporting.

Well if I’m now getting points with a peace sign from someone who once wrote a pretty abusive post towards me (you might not remember but I sure do BRM) for a post like that pointing out the bleeding obvious then it’s inevitable that I too will be very soon in joining 17er in no longer being on here. Then the prefect mentality people can go after someone else more intensely.
I don’t have many points left now.

Yes I would love to have an opposition free board, the Titans have one called League of Titans, it’s self-regulated, Free of advertising, free of pop ups and is a solid beautiful GC community of salt of the earth Beautiful Gold Coast resident fans.

So VFL Suns fans keep reporting and Gold Coast Suns fans enjoy my final days and weeks.

Met two great blokes through here so it’s been well worth it.

Keep reporting.

Meet you halfway! How about you use the SUNS posters only thread to sook about opposition posters and raise your concerns with them? Within reason. I don't think there was any malice in it haha, but as long as you're not tagging or quoting them in there, vent your anger. We also have the vent and off topic thread!

BRM used to be a bit of a campaigner i'm sure. But he matured a lot! Haha.

A lot of people are like that! Remember this W anchor pictured below? Might be a bit before your time

Some might say he is still a bit of a flog, but he has come a long way since those days!!

1558133944672.png

Meet you halfway! How about you use the SUNS posters only thread to sook about opposition posters and raise your concerns with them? Within reason. I don't think there was any malice in it haha, but as long as you're not tagging or quoting them in there, vent your anger. We also have the vent and off topic thread!

BRM used to be a bit of a campaigner i'm sure. But he matured a lot! Haha.

A lot of people are like that! Remember this W anchor pictured below? Might be a bit before your time

Some might say he is still a bit of a flog, but he has come a long way since those days!!

View attachment 675960

Thanks SUNS. Will do Sir. Thanks for showing that iconic fan moment.

I’d wear that as a badge of honour. We need to build a presence off field and let it be known that we are passionate, loud and a tiny little bit crazy.

Unless it is a beautiful day. Then it would be crazy to be crazy.

...catch 22?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back