Remove this Banner Ad

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I mostly like what Murdoch has done this season, however, last week he only touched the pill 5 times. How'd Joyce do in the 2's?

Had about 20-25 possessions mostly kicks.
Seemed to be used as a bit of a designated kicker
Not sure about his defensive stuff

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Hanley our hurts. Has been very good this year and we need our backline to be settled and in sync if we are any chance to keep up our competitiveness.

IMO changes:
Hanley -> Joyce
Lemmens -> Fiorini (GHS if Fiorini doesn’t get up)

Murdoch had a poor one but with Hanley our I think he stays in.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Not really. Long way to go by watching him in NEAFL.
Give him some AFL experience, we already knew what joyce can bring , Powell not ready last year but kind of give him some pointer that what is require at afl level . More about giving him experience playing with Habrow , Collins , Hombsch rather than Burgess ,leslie and Graham .Burgess kind of hard to play Forward at AFL and move back in NEAFL with no chemistry with teammate.

Last edited:

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Give him some AFL experience, we already knew what joyce can bring , Powell not ready last year but kind of give him some pointer that what is require at afl level . More about giving him experience playing with Habrow , Collins , Hombsch rather than Burgess ,leslie and Graham .Burgess kind of hard to play Forward at AFL and move back in NEAFL with no chemistry with teammate.
Easily most disappointing so far from our draftees. By his own admission he still struggles to adjust playing against mature bodies, learn structures. You can see King, Graham improving but not McLennan. Definitely not ready. Just my opinion.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Easily most disappointing so far from our draftees. By his own admission he still struggles to adjust playing against mature bodies, learn structures. You can see King, Graham improving but not McLennan. Definitely not ready. Just my opinion.
i think if GCS bring in Big bodies utility like Luke Meadows in mid season- can play HB , to cover for maybe Brodie next year , Mclennan could struggle to get a games .

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
I don't think you can call first years struggling a bit 'disappointing'. They are still trying to find their feet. They are still only teenagers.

Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
Adelaide oval is the best stadium in the country. There is not a bad seat in the place. General admission gives you access to the hill, one of the pockets and the top of the eastern stand. Will be a low drawing game by standards so should have no issue finding somewhere nice with general admission tickets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just hope he does not end up like Buddy last year or Hanley when he had heel issue (missed 10 weeks).

Old Sol

Senior List
Oct 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Shocked to see Mclennan in the extended side, hopefully its a sign that he's closer to a debut than I thought!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back