Review Round 9 - Gold Coast @ Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Just seen Sam Collins in the airport he waited for me to come through security screening to talk to me shook my hand and made conversation then thanked me for coming to the game others just smiled and nodded.. much respect
So we're straight on the plane.
That must be so difficult just hours after a game. The big guys would be so sore sitting around in economy with cookies and bung knees.
Do we ever stay the night and take the early flight next day.

So we're straight on the plane.
That must be so difficult just hours after a game. The big guys would be so sore sitting around in economy with cookies and bung knees.
Do we ever stay the night and take the early flight next day.

Pretty sure unless it’s a night game all teams fly straight out

missed watching the game through a poorly scheduled game of golf. looks like a bit of the suns of old, showing promise early then kaput in the second half not running out games.

was king as ineffective as it looks or just unlucky? always gotta remember blokes like jonathan brown barely touched the ball in his first game, gotta persist i guess.

missed watching the game through a poorly scheduled game of golf. looks like a bit of the suns of old, showing promise early then kaput in the second half not running out games.

was king as ineffective as it looks or just unlucky? always gotta remember blokes like jonathan brown barely touched the ball in his first game, gotta persist i guess.
Just listen to Dew's presser. He's spot on. Great first half, in 2nd half Port lifted, we did not go with them, we were second to ball, Port wanted it more. King was OK, competed, in 2nd half there were basically no I50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Dewey has said we just have to keep training and practicing to eradicate the poor halves and quarters from our game but we’ve been saying this for 8 years now. Maybe we need to look at the methodology being employed in our training because it just doesn’t seem to be working.
Suns had the youngest team not only this round but for the whole season. Give it 1-2 years. The first half was great. Yes, second half was utterly disappointing. I had never seen Dew so frustrated in the coach box. Swans were second youngest and could not cope in the last quarter either.

Maybe we need to look at the methodology being employed in our training because it just doesn’t seem to be working.

To be fair i think we have competed much better this year. I mean 5 games decided under 5 points, only losing two of those and both by a point. This means we have been generally competing well in a lot of games, but sometimes young teams just run out of puff. Dont get me wrong it was extremely frustrating to watch, but these games will still happen over the next year or so until it starts to click.

Suns had the youngest team not only this round but for the whole season. Give it 1-2 years. The first half was great. Yes, second half was utterly disappointing. I had never seen Dew so frustrated in the coach box. Swans were second youngest and could not cope in the last quarter either.
To be fair i think we have competed much better this year. I mean 5 games decided under 5 points, only losing two of those and both by a point. This means we have been generally competing well in a lot of games, but sometimes young teams just run out of puff. Dont get me wrong it was extremely frustrating to watch, but these games will still happen over the next year or so until it starts to click.
Not arguing that we haven’t improved. We’re definitely better defensively than previously. Hope you’re right and we’re not having this same discussion in a couple more years.

We’ve been giving it 1-2 years since 2010 lol

We’ve been giving it 1-2 years since 2010 lol
To be fair Dew second years, Brisbane fan don't expected much from Fagan last year. I think 5 win is a fair result this season.
Miles, Collins, Burgess, Corbett, Murdoch will never be A grade. Two more first Rd mid in this year draft will be the deal breaker.My complaint NEAFL team need to do better for proper backup.

Pretty frustrating to watch after half time. Felt we should have been maybe 2-3 goals up at half time. Miles missed an easy set shot and one of those three touched goals should have been a goal in my opinion. Would have left us with a chance in the final term even with the terrible 3rd quarter, but we just couldnt get it together.

I feel we have to work so so hard for our goals and maybe our gameplan does't allow the team to get any momentum and have those patches of 5-10 mins where we can dominate and kick a few in a row.

Havent looked at any stats but felt Ballard was Solid as was Weller and Fiorini seemed to be everywhere. Felt like half the team went missing after half time though.

Most frustrating umpiring was when port players would just drop the ball when tackled and we would follow through with a tackle and they would get a 'holding' free. It happened most of the day but never seemed to work when it happened to us.

Umpiring didnt cost us the game but just found that pretty frustrating.

Just watching the replay and saw Wil Powell's deft touch to get that ball to Bowes for his goal.

So bloody smart to sum it all up and execute. Kid is only going to get better and better.

To be fair Dew second years, Brisbane fan don't expected much from Fagan last year. I think 5 win is a fair result this season.
Miles, Collins, Burgess, Corbett, Murdoch will never be A grade. Two more first Rd mid in this year draft will be the deal breaker.My complaint NEAFL team need to do better for proper backup.
Collins can absolutely become an A-grade

That poke in the eye with Ainsworth's goal celebration was comical.

Made me think of that 12th man tape with Tony Greig and Bill Lawry commentating the poor execution of the high five after a wicket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back