Review Round 9 - GWS Giants vs Carlton, Sun 19th May, Sydney Showground Stadium, 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Great way to get the 4 points with a good % boost and apart from some selfish moments in front of goal the coaches should be happy with the performance. What odds for TOJ to kick between 40 and 50 goals for the year and it would be great if he manages that and will go along way to a top 4 finish but the team is in a good position and needs to make another statement next week v the Demons at the MCG and then I will believe they can make the gf
Greene had a good run in the mids today and although sometimes his disposal is a bit erratic that is a good option to have, Perryman had a solid game and although not a elite player if he plays is role and is effective defensively it deepens the mids, Deledio went better than I thought and his versatility and decision making will be important throughout the rest of the season without Ward around and I am hoping he gets a good run to the bye. Plenty of good performances over the ground and I think it shows the strength of the team that they dominated over the Blues so much

need to carry it on in the second half
Commentators have Mumford suspended already for the Murphy contact
It looked in the side with his thighs at the game. Then angles of the replay at the game show a swinging arm in there too.
I’m sure they’ve already planned to have him out.
The world conspires. Any opportunity. Just like scumpire 22 awarding the 50/50 contests against the Giants, at least a few times each game.

HH is back out there at least (given he kicked a behind).
They showed him on the screen with the doc playing with his knee cap.
Then he was back out.
Hopefully it was precautionary.
Surely being up by that much, they wouldn’t have risked him, if there were concerns, right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They showed him on the screen with the doc playing with his knee cap.
Then he was back out.
Hopefully it was precautionary.
Surely being up by that much, they wouldn’t have risked him, if there were concerns, right?

I'd figure so since it sounded like Williams' benching was basically precautionary.

With him in the rotation we were probably heading for a 120+ point win. ;)

Centre bounce stats, with thanks to Billy Bob65 :

Overall Summary - 31 Bounces

Tomlinson 26 wing
de Boer 26
Kelly 24 (5w)
Hopper 20
Taranto 19
Lloyd 13 wing
Perryman 12 wing
Greene 9
Whitfield 5 wing
Deledio 1 wing

Rucks:
Mumford 28
Tomlinson 3

NB> All Perryman's starts were in the 1st half - went back to cover Williams's spot in the 2nd half

Remove this Banner Ad

Back