Preview Round 9, GWS Giants vs Richmond, Saturday 20th May, 4.35pm, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

My bloody word, that was intense.

Cannot believe we got up. Was watching the last 7 minutes on a tram heading to the Hawks Pies game. As soon as the siren let out I started belting out the song (including the instrumental opening...)

Everyone on the tram started checking their phones and were laughing at Richmond doing it again. A couple clapped when the song was over. 1 Collingwood supporter told me to shut up...

I had to go home and watch the replay Saturday night (and again yesterday morning to see exactly how we got there)

Didnt kennedy play in the reserves game? Im sure I saw that. If he did he comes straight in for me. He takes Stevie's spot. We really struggled for rotations through the middle on saturday. Some of our C bounces had MDB and toranto attending the same bounce! In an ideal world that not happening so M Kennedy offers another inside option.

If Lobb is out I wouldn't want to debut a kid. Its gotta be the hardest place to debut in the country. Maybe bring in HH to swing as needed?

Didnt kennedy play in the reserves game? Im sure I saw that. If he did he comes straight in for me. He takes Stevie's spot. We really struggled for rotations through the middle on saturday. Some of our C bounces had MDB and toranto attending the same bounce! In an ideal world that not happening so M Kennedy offers another inside option.

If Lobb is out I wouldn't want to debut a kid. Its gotta be the hardest place to debut in the country. Maybe bring in HH to swing as needed?
Think you are right, bring in HH & M Kennedy for Lobb & SJ.

He (MK) played a great game, hate seeing Tommo ruck but at least it's only Vardy he would have to back up against

MK - I noticed that his shoulder was strapped...
I am sure he is not 100%, but who else do we have?
I could have sworn last week they said that he was out for 2-3 weeks, yet he was playing on the weekend...

Maybe MK's injury is one of those things that's going to bother him until he gets surgery, surgery will be necessary to fix it but he can still play on with the niggle but it won't be 100%. And given our injuries, we couldn't risk losing him for an extended stretch. So perhaps a decision was made to forego the surgery and see how he copes in the mean time? Just a stab in the dark, as I know nothing about the injury and its extent

Maybe MK's injury is one of those things that's going to bother him until he gets surgery, surgery will be necessary to fix it but he can still play on with the niggle but it won't be 100%. And given our injuries, we couldn't risk losing him for an extended stretch. So perhaps a decision was made to forego the surgery and see how he copes in the mean time? Just a stab in the dark, as I know nothing about the injury and its extent

It's not unusual. It's why you see everyone going in for surgery late in the year (if you're not a very good team) or immediately in the post-season (if you're in finals).

It's not unusual. It's why you see everyone going in for surgery late in the year (if you're not a very good team) or immediately in the post-season (if you're in finals).
Pretty sure it is the case that with a healthy list then MK is in for surgery. Reckon they are holding off feeling no long term damage will come from playing on. Hope the club is right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid's seemed relatively light, but Corr's was massive. As dlanod says, it's going to come down to assessment during the week, but I'd think Corr more likely to be rested in the interest of his long term health.

If it's a choice between four points and brains scrambled, we've lost at Domain before, and we'll lose there again.

Was my fourth time at Spotless (was there for the 13 point win in the wet and the two 100-plus thrashings and now the heartbreaking loss) and each time I have had a great day/night. (Also went to Canberra last year where there were loads of Giants fans). The crowd at Spotless is great and a credit to the club. None of the aggro you get when you go to Adelaide or Perth. Just good people going to the footy having a good time. Great to see so many kids decked out in the Giants colours. Was speaking to a female couple who were once Richmond supporters but had been living in Sydney for 25 years and are now Giants members and supporters.
Also, noticed far more home team support this time around and was rapt to see it actually. The previous times, I reckon Richmond fans almost broke even with Giants fans there, but not this time.
I genuinely like the ground to go to. Nice little boutique stadium. Fortunately was lucky enough to get a ferry with free booze from Darling Harbour and then up the Parra River to get there so I was quite 'merry' by the time I walked through the turnstiles.
Also, I have to admit I was deadset against the Giants coming in to the comp, but I have turned full circle. You guys have far more relevance than Gold Coast in building a side.
Hope Lids gets out on the park soon. Wish him nothing but the best.
Cheers, from a bitter and twisted Tiger member of 40 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back