Preview Round 9, GWS Giants vs Richmond, Saturday 20th May, 4.35pm, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez your optimistic!
I think we're teetering, and heaven forbid we cop one more long-term injury, we'll be done. Stick a fork thru' the season.
Look at the injury list and we're well positioned to be stronger after the bye. Tough time ahead but a flag was never going to be won without overcoming hurdles at some point. Dont want to belittle the pain the guys will be going through in rehab, or the lost input. We might actually be better for exposing some youngsters and imoroving depth by the end of the year though
I worry a bit about the extra pressure put on guys like Taranto and Loyd and now Perryman, but if they step up we're looking great.

I can see the midfield being vulnerable for this game after the effort from the missing rotations causing fatigue although with the small forwards all able to rotate through the midfield that should ease the load and the luck of the draw having 7 day breaks
And hopefully SJ has a good game as he has the potential to be the match winner again
With the announcement that Perryman comes in I would see 3 changes to the team and also expect Whitfield to have a big impact this weekend after the run to remove the cobwebs
Greene, Perryman and MDB to come in
I can't see a tall replacing Corr as the Tigers play a small forward line and they might rotate Patton or Lobb back if one is not having much impact which with Rance is possible and also the extra mid rotations will be important, and is rain forecast for the game?

Hello friends.

With the weather forecast for Saturday being total s**t, I was wondering if any of you could tell me which bays/areas had sheltered seating? I would prefer to at least be dry while seeing my team get destroyed.

Thanks!

Anywhere on the top level would be driest. On the bottom level you'd need to be in the top half a dozen rows to be undercover, and avoid the away end at all costs.

Hello friends.

With the weather forecast for Saturday being total s**t, I was wondering if any of you could tell me which bays/areas had sheltered seating? I would prefer to at least be dry while seeing my team get destroyed.

Thanks!
And welcome
Sure you'll enjoy Spotless it's a great little ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GIANTS v Richmond
Saturday May 20, 4.35pm
Spotless Stadium

Team

FB: Nathan Wilson, Adam Tomlinson, Aidan Corr
HB: Heath Shaw, Phil Davis, Zac Williams
C: Devon Smith, Dylan Shiel, Tom Scully
HF: Rory Lobb, Jonny Patton, Toby Greene
FF: Steve Johnson, Jeremy Cameron, Sam Reid
RR: Shane Mumford, Josh Kelly, Callan Ward

Interchange: Daniel Lloyd, Harry Perryman, Lachie Whitfield, Tim Taranto

In: Harry Perryman (new - pick 14, 2016 NAB AFL Draft), Toby Greene
Out: Stephen Coniglio (ankle), Harry Himmelberg (omitted)

Emergencies: Matt Kennedy, Matt de Boer, Harry Himmelberg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I've been before, it is terrific! Just never been in bad weather so not really noticed how much shade I've had.

Sadly I'm coming from west of Granville so that's frustrating. The track work on weekends lately has been terrible.
Fair enough assuming is always risky.
Actually ñeither have I. Hughie is a GWS supporter I think, which makes sense, and we've been blessed the last couple of years at least. I come from the other direction but am close so am lucky in that regard.
Think it will be a good contest, find the humility from tigers supporters a bit of a surprise.
Just hope your guys go easy in the tackles we need this lot to carry us for a while.
No excuses though and hopefully 44 fit players after the game.

Anywhere on the top level would be driest. On the bottom level you'd need to be in the top half a dozen rows to be undercover, and avoid the away end at all costs.
This for sure, though tbh I can't see this being a big crowd, GA undercover unlikely to be all taken

Harry PERRYMAN

2017 NEAFL
Totals
  • 6 games
  • 5 goals
  • 3 behinds
  • 4 times in best players list
  • 11 NEAFL MVP votes

Averages
  • 16.5 kicks
  • 10.0 handballs
  • 26.5 disposals
  • 5.8 marks
  • 2.3 tackles
  • 5.5 clearances
  • 4.5 inside 50s
  • 2.7 rebound 50s
  • 113.50 DT points

One fewer tall (Perryman for Himmelberg) = necessary in any conditions. Belated but better than never.

If weather is bad, at least one further fewer tall, say M Kennedy in for Lobb. And I'd consider another change of De Boer in for Corr or Tomlinson.

Richmond has 1 good tall forward in Riewoldt, who presumably will be covered by Davis. Other than that, the danger will come from smalls. Davis and one of Corr/Tomlinson IMO would be sufficient.

Looking forward to seeing Perryman. Seems like a character.

Adelaide bid on him at the draft and ended up taking Galluci with the pick. Will be interested to see what we missed out on!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back