Game Day Round 9, GWS Giants vs Western Bulldogs, Sun 22nd May, 3.20pm, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I noticed some writing off our win because of the number of arsey goals from the sidelines. A goal is a goal - we had so much forward pressure that even if they missed, there was a fair chance of forcing a turnover and getting a goal anyway. We had a couple of Jezza misses that ended up being seven point plays in this way.

If we didn't hire Stevie J for arsey goals from the pocket, why did we hire him

What a ridiculous argument... A win doesn't count if the goals aren't set shots in front? Gimme a break

I don't think it should be an argument like that at all, you guys deserved your win because they took their chances. I seen it more as how the * are we meant to win when everything was being slotted at the other end so easily!

The biggest blow was Campbell's goal being ruled touched at the last second even without conclusive evidence, which ended in a goal at the other end (maybe even one of the Stevie J specials). An 11-point swing right there with the game in the balance, we weren't in it after that point.

I don't think it should be an argument like that at all, you guys deserved your win because they took their chances. I seen it more as how the **** are we meant to win when everything was being slotted at the other end so easily!

The biggest blow was Campbell's goal being ruled touched at the last second even without conclusive evidence, which ended in a goal at the other end (maybe even one of the Stevie J specials). An 11-point swing right there with the game in the balance, we weren't in it after that point.
What about the play where a Dogs player burrowed his head and got a free for high contact?

He kicks the ball ends up in Tom Scully's hands who does a similar action as the Dogs player, just not as low, and Stringer gets paid a free for holding the ball to kick an absolute sitter from the top of the square?

Or the Palmer 50m even though he was marking a player but the ump wanted to keep the Dogs in it so, yep, another shot from the top of the square.

12 point swing right there.

I don't think it should be an argument like that at all, you guys deserved your win because they took their chances. I seen it more as how the **** are we meant to win when everything was being slotted at the other end so easily!

Or maybe the biggest blow to the Dogs was being beaten at both inside and outside mid, and in defence, for four straight qtrs?

Or maybe it was that we were down two rotations for the entire game?

Don't know why I bother posting something positive in another teams boards when I get replies taking pot shots.

Peace out, bitches
No, you insinuated that because of a dubious ruling, which killed your momentum, you never got back into the game.

I put it to you, that if you didn't get contentious decisions go your way for over an entrie half of football, you should never been with striking distance of us at all.

Peace out, Floggo.

No, you insinuated that because of a dubious ruling, which killed your momentum, you never got back into the game.

I put it to you, that if you didn't get contentious decisions go your way for over an entrie half of football, you should never been with striking distance of us at all.

Peace out, Floggo.
Just a half? More like 4 quarters. We got murdered by the bastards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a half? More like 4 quarters. We got murdered by the bastards.

Nah. The umpires swung a bit our way in the third before going mental again in the fourth.

There was the fifty actually paid. Cameron marked it in about the third row of the stands and was allowed to keep it. The touched ball (which was actually pretty clear, you could see patton's hands bend back - but still, a big call our way) A couple of other decisions. The third was ok.

So really we just played with two down on the bench and three down on the field for three quarters (just different quarters)

Replay was pretty clear. Patton's hands (both of them) bent backward. It wasn't like the other one they highlighted on AFL360 last night where it might have touched the very top of his pinkie. It was way more clear cut than that.

But dude, we were a player down from five minutes in and two down for more than three quarters. You gotta point to more than a single incident as a reason you lost.

Don't know why I bother posting something positive in another teams boards when I get replies taking pot shots.

Peace out, bitches

Sorry you feel that way. Compared to some of your compadres your post wasn't too bad, but the whineyness (and downright disgusting) crap written by quite a number of your fellow dogs posters have a lot of people's backs up over here. Throw in a constant barrage of trolling on the main board wth half a dozen pathetic threads in the past couple of weeks and you can see why some of us might be on edge a bit.

We won the game on guts and determination and pretty much on one leg by the end - down to one on the bench and players cramping all over the ground - and all we hear is "oh the dogs had injuries" and "if it wasn't for a couple of freak goals..." and then you front and say, "if it wasn't for that obviously touched ball...."

But hey, it is what it is and if you don't want to post on our board again, so be it. See ya.

An peace to you too.

Good tough win at home with the injuries and also the Dogs effort throughout the game meant the team had a fight through all 4 quarters
Lost the contested possessions but the difference in the tackle count and also tackles inside 50 is where i see the game being won and also good kicking accuracy around the ground and also at goal
Shiel has warmed up for the season so i can see big games from him over the next few weeks
Tobys marking has improved remarkably making him a genuine threat in the forward 50 (Classes from Haynes maybe?)
Coniglio to keep up the form and he will be AA this year

Everyone is going on about how bad our crowd was, but did you know that it was the third highest between the dogs and us (best a tick over only 16,000 at Etihad last year)

It was also the 10th highest crowd figure for us at Spotless.

Also we've beaten a few to a six game winning streak.
  • The first time it has won 6 consecutive matches (achieved in its 92nd to 97th matches). (West Coast first won 6 consecutive in its 94th to 99th matches, Port Adelaide in its 106th to 111th, Brisbane in its 212th to 217th, Fremantle in its 257th to 262nd, and Adelaide in its 336th to 341st. GoldCoast is yet to win six consecutively.)

Everyone is going on about how bad our crowd was, but did you know that it was the third highest between the dogs and us (best a tick over only 16,000 at Etihad last year)

It was also the 10th highest crowd figure for us at Spotless.

Also we've beaten a few to a six game winning streak.
  • The first time it has won 6 consecutive matches (achieved in its 92nd to 97th matches). (West Coast first won 6 consecutive in its 94th to 99th matches, Port Adelaide in its 106th to 111th, Brisbane in its 212th to 217th, Fremantle in its 257th to 262nd, and Adelaide in its 336th to 341st. GoldCoast is yet to win six consecutively.)
Anyone have the time to do a breakdown of time-slot averages?

I think the 4:45pm Saturday time-slot is our ideal slot?

That's the Club's view; given the demographic of members. Not too early to get there, not too late for the kids.
Thought it was ideal.

We always seem to have more "bums on seats" at that time. Will be interesting to see what it's like in that time slot on the Sunday of the long weekend.

That's the Club's view; given the demographic of members. Not too early to get there, not too late for the kids.

Definitely a lot more willing to bring my daughter along when it doesn't finish at 10 pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back