Round 9 match

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 24, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Myself, Hoggy and Mags are going to be in Adelaide for our clash on Friday 24th. I was wondering if any of you want to have a little get together. This extends to any other supporters that live in Adelaide as well. Also, i here Port Magpies are playing on that Saturday at Adelaide Oval. I will be looking to go to that as well.

Cheers :)

Stay home ****er

You think your team has any hope against a non victorian team away from home you are kidding yourself.

stay in melbourne

enjoy your crap vb beer you damn feral.

Collingwood beat Port at Footy Park last year, Jars

Originally posted by daicos4ever
Myself, Hoggy and Mags are going to be in Adelaide for our clash on Friday 24th. I was wondering if any of you want to have a little get together. This extends to any other supporters that live in Adelaide as well. Also, i here Port Magpies are playing on that Saturday at Adelaide Oval. I will be looking to go to that as well.

Cheers :)

yeah ill be in on that!!!! :)

Originally posted by sapaul
Is Jars 459 trying to pretend to be Jars 458?

Needs to start drinking Coopers Dark Ale pretty early in the morning to be able to do that.:)

Why thankyou Jars :)

Macca, Katey, anybody else...... i don't know Adelaide much at all, so if you can think up a meeting place that would be great. Also, if you know of any cheap accomodation in the area, it would be much appreciated, because at the moment me and my mate have nowhere to stay.

Thanks

Re: Re: Re: Round 9 match

Originally posted by PowerGirl36
Me too :)

I think I might know why Katey would be going... could it be because of a certain Magpie supporter who's picture looks similar to that of our cricket Vice-Captain and wicket-keeper, Adam Gilchrist?? :D;);):D

Go Cats!! :cool:
SeinDude

Macca, Katey, anybody else...... i don't know Adelaide much at all, so if you can think up a meeting place that would be great. Also, if you know of any cheap accomodation in the area, it would be much appreciated, because at the moment me and my mate have nowhere to stay.

Thanks

Are we meeting before or after the match? And I would have no idea where...but accomodation wise, it depends where abouts you want to stay I guess...close to the city or not? Not that I know much about all that..

OK I'm a little confused. I bought my ticket through Collingwood, thus thinking that I would be sitting in the Collingwood area, but according to this map my seat (section V seat C1 at the south end of the ground) is a few aisles across from the Collingwood area. Is the map wrong or will I be sitting amongst Port people? At least you all know where to find more if you want to look for me haha.

About meeting up Katey and Macca, I have all day and all night. My train arrives in Adel at 9 in the morning and my bus leaves for Melbourne at 9 on the saturday morning (so no footy on the saturday :( ). So whatever, I don't mind :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK I'm a little confused. I bought my ticket through Collingwood, thus thinking that I would be sitting in the Collingwood area, but according to this map my seat (section V seat C1 at the south end of the ground) is a few aisles across from the Collingwood area. Is the map wrong or will I be sitting amongst Port people? At least you all know where to find more if you want to look for me haha.

I think you're right :D Poor thing :p

About meeting up Katey and Macca, I have all day and all night. My train arrives in Adel at 9 in the morning and my bus leaves for Melbourne at 9 on the saturday morning (so no footy on the saturday :( ). So whatever, I don't mind :)

Well I don't mind either...at the game I guess..

This should be the one game per year that Port should be allowed to wear the traditional strip and Collingwood an away strip.
Promote it as a blockbuster and share the gatetakings (same set up as the Essendon Collingwood games).

Originally posted by PAfolwr
This should be the one game per year that Port should be allowed to wear the traditional strip and Collingwood an away strip.
Promote it as a blockbuster and share the gatetakings (same set up as the Essendon Collingwood games).

Now THAT is a top idea!!

Thanks

If you're looking for cheap maybe try the Seaton Hotel, i think they still do pretty cheap accomodation. It is right near the train track (Grange line, i think) and is probably only about 25-30 minute walk to footy park. From memory ( i drive by about 10 times a week) it is about $35/night. Not sure how dodgy the rooms are but at least beer is readily available!! Probably about the cheapest you will do that is close to footy park other options are to stay in town or a backpackers (maybe Glenelg is cheap?). If you are interested will check the price probably tomorrow and even get a phone number!!

Originally posted by Eago77
From memory ( i drive by about 10 times a week) it is about $35/night. Not sure how dodgy the rooms are but at least beer is readily available!! Probably about the cheapest you will do that is close to footy park other options are to stay in town or a backpackers (maybe Glenelg is cheap?). If you are interested will check the price probably tomorrow and even get a phone number!!

The Jars motel is very cheap

However if you are a Collingwood fan, you may check out, but you can NEVER leave!

waaaahhhaaahahahahahahhahahhahhhahhhahahhhahhahahah

Originally posted by Eago77

If you're looking for cheap maybe try the Seaton Hotel, i think they still do pretty cheap accomodation. It is right near the train track (Grange line, i think) and is probably only about 25-30 minute walk to footy park. From memory ( i drive by about 10 times a week) it is about $35/night. Not sure how dodgy the rooms are but at least beer is readily available!! Probably about the cheapest you will do that is close to footy park other options are to stay in town or a backpackers (maybe Glenelg is cheap?). If you are interested will check the price probably tomorrow and even get a phone number!!

Not sure on price but phone number is 08 8345 4645.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back