Preview Round 9 North Melbourne Hosting the Sydney Swans - 7:25 Saturday Blundstone Arena

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, no backpedaling.

Parker should be a forward I've always said that no matter how many times I've copped flack for it.

Kennedy is our best mid at the coalface, but it can sometimes feel like he's our only mid at the coalface. Give a portion of his minutes at centre bounces to a Heeney or a Jones or a Florent so that they can be better, as they are the ones carrying our midfield into the next generation, it won't be 31 year old Kennedy. These are the kind of small sacrifices that need to be made in the present for the bigger rewards in the future.
What are you on about? Kennedy does not play 100% in the middle, never has, never will. And you deserve to cop flack for your stance on Parker, the 2nd best player in the comp only a couple of years ago...as a mid! And please stop talking about the next generation...it’s here now, the ladder position tells us that and Kennedy IS leading it!

Well I hold to my view. For ages I have argued my preference re JPK. He strikes me as stronger at round the ground clearances, less so in the centre square. I would like him to carry less of a load there.

Re Parker, my recent opinion is he should be used as a fwd with bursts in centre square contests. I think we will get more value from him in that role.

Na, that’s not what you said in post 242. Anyway, this is the game thread and Kennedy and Parker, lo and behold...will be leading the midfield AGAIN!

What are you on about? Kennedy does not play 100% in the middle, never has, never will. And you deserve to cop flack for your stance on Parker, the 2nd best player in the comp only a couple of years ago...as a mid!

Yep. And since that year he hasn't been anywhere near as effective in the midfield as he has been inside 50. That's just my opinion. You don't agree, fine, but don't throw your toys out the pram just because I'm expressing mine.

Again, no backpedaling.

Parker should be a forward I've always said that no matter how many times I've copped flack for it.

Kennedy is our best mid at the coalface, but it can sometimes feel like he's our only mid at the coalface. Give a portion of his minutes at centre bounces to a Heeney or a Jones or a Florent so that they can be better, as they are the ones carrying our midfield into the next generation, it won't be 31 year old Kennedy. These are the kind of small sacrifices that need to be made in the present for the bigger rewards in the future.
You seem to think the two things, playing JPK and Parker in the middle and blooding new players there, are somehow mutually exclusive. They're not.

Yep. And since that year he hasn't been anywhere near as effective in the midfield as he has been inside 50. That's just my opinion. You don't agree, fine, but don't throw your toys out the pram just because I'm expressing mine.
Isn’t that what you’re doing? Oh we’re losing...let’s look for a scapegoat!

You seem to think the two things, playing JPK and Parker in the middle and blooding new players there, are somehow mutually exclusive. They're not.

Except they are. Because if we ever want Hewett or Heeney to become the next JPK, they have to actually be doing his role, which is being that first player to get hands on it in the thick of the action. We saw how good Hewett was at it when given the chance against the Lions, and then last week he was back to hanging around the fringes with more of a focus on negating his Bombers opponent. To give them this experience and get them better at it, it may mean relying on JPK less, which means using JPK less.

Na, that’s not what you said in post 242. Anyway, this is the game thread and Kennedy and Parker, lol and behold...will be leading the midfield AGAIN!

You're right. Was a bit carried away with what the Cats have done. Still I'd be happy with more like 50% JPK in the centre square with cameos from Parker. Obviously if one or both are hot keep them in there for that game.

And you're also right, sure as eggs both will line up there tomorrow.

What are you on about? Kennedy does not play 100% in the middle, never has, never will. And you deserve to cop flack for your stance on Parker, the 2nd best player in the comp only a couple of years ago...as a mid! And please stop talking about the next generation...it’s here now, the ladder position tells us that and Kennedy IS leading it!

Agree totally Mick spot on. Last week Kennedy , Parker & Hewett were in for first bounce and set the scene. Week before Parker was on the Pine for first 15 minutes comes on where 5 goals down. I said a couple weeks ago put the best players where the action is. Footy 101.

I don't think parker is suited to centre clearances though when he is on song he excels at the contest around the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parker started the year slowly but he's been looking like getting close to his best form again. He certainly has a lot of talent as a forward but that's going to be wasted if our forwards have limited supply. That supply won't be increased if you remove him from the midfield. His forward output at this point is more a luxury than essential.

Hopefully, Rowbottom gets to run through the middle and gets a few games in a row.

Doubt we've seen the last of Jack though.

Parker started the year slowly but he's been looking like getting close to his best form again.

Has been the trend 3 years in a row now. Weird.

Watched the highlights of the last game we played against North, Ronke's crumbing front and square of the contest was so crisp. Fingers crossed that kind of footy from him is not far away.

The Year was 2015 , I woke from a Slumber
i always do that before a big game - who were we playing...... Ze Germans of Course
Make or Break Game , no one gave us a hope.

I said to Longy , ill absolutley Knacker these boys , 2 Footed Tackles , Elbows to the Jaws , a bit of Verbals
the Usual.

That was the Day i told Ozil he looked like a Character from Ice Age
and in truth....he hasnt been the same Since.

Long Ball from Rudolph , Longy Latched onto it and made Neuer look a Donkey

Job Done - 12 pints of Carling and a Pitcher of Chardonnay for Myself.

Swans to Win by 27
Heeney for the MOTY
That boy Riordan for 30 Disp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back