Preview Round 9 North Melbourne Hosting the Sydney Swans - 7:25 Saturday Blundstone Arena

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's Clarke been going for you guys? Liked his work rate, hated his handballs.

Hoping for an injury free game in the winter fortress, you guys have a good return rate in Hobart so should be a good game.

FWIW Higgins has been pretty meh so far, not very damaging with his disposal.

You want to be looking at Dumont, Cunnington, Larkey and Brown as our game breakers.

Whoever gets the pleasure of playing on MacMillan can enjoy a bruise free night.

Love the aesthetic of red/white/blue/white but generally dislike the results of our games with you but have a feeling this will be a cracker.

Clarke’s been disappointing. Disposal as bad as advertised pre-trade. Runs around a bit but somehow looks weak at the contest despite not being a small man.

He’s putting up Tom Mitchell numbers in the NEAFL though so I fear we’ll see him again soon enough.

Agree re: the aesthetics of blue vs red. Best in the league. Classic sporting combo. As per mcgarnagles regular complaint, it beggars belief they made the Giants an orange team.

How's Clarke been going for you guys? Liked his work rate, hated his handballs.

Hoping for an injury free game in the winter fortress, you guys have a good return rate in Hobart so should be a good game.

FWIW Higgins has been pretty meh so far, not very damaging with his disposal.

You want to be looking at Dumont, Cunnington, Larkey and Brown as our game breakers.

Whoever gets the pleasure of playing on MacMillan can enjoy a bruise free night.

Love the aesthetic of red/white/blue/white but generally dislike the results of our games with you but have a feeling this will be a cracker.

It's not even Clarke's disposal so much as his awareness (or lack thereof) that bothers me. He is just such a space cadet.

When he's gotta think quick under pressure, he thinks he's got all day and takes a bloody year to get rid of it or even make a decision about who to give it off to. Then when he's got all the time in the world, for some reason he hits the panic button and decides to cough it up straight away rather than take his time. I genuinely think he's got no clue how to play in traffic, which is a concern if he's ever going to make it as a midfielder for us.

If I recall correctly, you guys played him off the half back, so this wouldn't have been as glaring an issue as he would've just racked up mostly uncontested balls on the outside no?

Clarke’s been disappointing. Disposal as bad as advertised pre-trade. Runs around a bit but somehow looks weak at the contest despite not being a small man.

He’s putting up Tom Mitchell numbers in the NEAFL though so I fear we’ll see him again soon enough.

Agree re: the aesthetics of blue vs red. Best in the league. Classic sporting combo. As per mcgarnagles regular complaint, it beggars belief they made the Giants an orange team.

The best colour combo to me has always been Swans vs WCE. The mix of red/white/blue/gold in the 2005 and 2006 grand final crowds was wild.

Too good for NEAFL, not good enough for AFL.. sounds like Hrovat at North. A shame because he busts his ass to make it happen.

It's not even Clarke's disposal so much as his awareness (or lack thereof) that bothers me. He is just such a space cadet.

When he's gotta think quick under pressure, he thinks he's got all day and takes a bloody year to get rid of it or even make a decision about who to give it off to. Then when he's got all the time in the world, for some reason he hits the panic button and decides to cough it up straight away rather than take his time. I genuinely think he's got no clue how to play in traffic, which is a concern if he's ever going to make it as a midfielder for us.

If I recall correctly, you guys played him off the half back, so this wouldn't have been as glaring an issue as he would've just racked up mostly uncontested balls on the outside no?
Yeah he was where Pittard currently is playing for us. Never really got in on the coalface as Cunnington/Anderson/Jacobs/Ahern/Simpkin were Scott's preferred choices last year, and Scott is of a one-track mind when it comes to players and their roles. He should be half back or wing, where he played his best in 2017. Fingers crossed he develops well, he's 21 so still plenty of potential.

No, that was the trade ban.

Our inability to trade for them was caused, by the trade ban

Anyway, aren't you the one always going about drafting mids?

Now you want to draft a ruckman?

I'll leave this here from the List Management 101 thread.
the list management 101 thread is just another posters opinion isn't it? If you ignore rucks in the first round you also miss out on Naitanui, Ryder, Grundy, McEvoy and Hale.

I think we are about to play a smoky. Nick Smith has just been put on the long term injury list. This opens a spot for a Rookie. Welcome Sam Wicks maybe?

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app
It makes no difference anymore since rookies can be played in the seniors without being upgraded to the main list. Smith going on the lti list is so we can draft two players in the mid season draft

I think we are about to play a smoky. Nick Smith has just been put on the long term injury list. This opens a spot for a Rookie. Welcome Sam Wicks maybe?

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've felt for a while that Wicks should be on the brink of getting his chance (I'm not sure how the whole cat b rookie thing works).. averaging 8 tackles a game in the NEAFL and if we know one thing about Horse it's that he loves blokes who can tackle and pressure.

It makes no difference anymore since rookies can be played in the seniors without being upgraded to the main list. Smith going on the lti list is so we can draft two players in the mid season draft
I believe that Wicks is a Category B Rookie and I think I’m correct stating they can’t play in the seniors without upgrading. Only Category A Rookies can do that.

I believe that Wicks is a Category B Rookie and I think I’m correct stating they can’t play in the seniors without upgrading. Only Category A Rookies can do that.

Correct Wicks and Bell are both Cat B rookies and need to be promoted to the senior list via a long term injury. Only Cat A rookies can play seniors without being promoted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct Wicks and Bell are both Cat B rookies and need to be promoted to the senior list via a long term injury. Only Cat A rookies can play seniors without being promoted.
Well there you go. Thought it was all rookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back