Autopsy Round 9 - North Melbourne Kangaroos v GWS Giants, Blundstone Arena at 1.45 pm 19 May 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

The wife saw the score late in the first and commented that it didn't look good. I explained that Hobart has a shitty half-arsed stadium and the wind only goes one way. Thankfully I'm looking prescient at the moment.
As long as we can sit on Norths in the third and don't let them get too far ahead. Need to play closer to our men and not allow them free run as we did in the first.

As long as we can sit on Norths in the third and don't let them get too far ahead. Need to play closer to our men and not allow them free run as we did in the first.
Yep, get used to that wind, maybe lose this quarter by a manageable amount, come back strong and win the 4th quarter.
I wasn’t confident before the game but the boys can do this.

Anyone see if langdon re-injured his hand in the tackle where he had his hand pinned to him? Continued to play on but looked like he was wincing to me

Bloody Shaw, still can't kick a goal (when it would have been very useful). Has he ever actually kicked one for us?
Anyone see if langdon re-injured his hand in the tackle where he had his hand pinned to him? Continued to play on but looked like he was wincing to me
theyve not commented on the coverage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mohr was terrific until the 3rd quarter but has fatigued and Brown is getting separation and punishing us.

It will be very hard to win now which is disappointing but I have been really happy with the team effort today.

Hopefully they can get some quick early goals but looks gone.

Yep, poor quarter especially from the midfield, and we failed to keep their scoring in check. I think a lot of our problems are psychological - taking a mindset of perhaps being too defensive to keep them in check rather than being offensive, and hence allowing Norths to be the more aggressive attacking the ball and winning contests. We will struggle to win from here.

Pathetic by the Giants.
But even more pathetic by the umpires. The Roos have been the beneficiaries of some awful calls today. *(Who knows where we would have been if the Giants weren't robbed of an easy goal late in Q2?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back