Autopsy Round 9 - North Melbourne Kangaroos v GWS Giants, Blundstone Arena at 1.45 pm 19 May 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

An incredibly disappointing performance and so many players out of form so even if players come back in I don't think it will help much what is needed is a change in form of several senior players
I think it shows the lack of depth at the club and all the trading out of players has taken away those games played for the club, it would be good to still have a Miles/Bugg/Barrett type around but they left for the opportunities and money on offer which the Giants could not match
Kicking in the first quarter was shocking and again still throughout the game kicking long. I would like the guys to target short kicks to maintain possession for 2-3 minutes a quarter and then wait for the opportunity to open but whether the defenders have the kicking skills

Paper matters very little in a results based game... And the backline's results have stood up as the best line in the team
Agree about the backline. I refuse to blame them when our inside mids got creamed when it mattered in the third QTR. Their forwards are quality and if their mids are on top they will dominate

Presumably Hopper was trying to get past an ump who was standing in his way to the ball?
It would appear so, both being deemed careless, though it's still reasonably early in the land of the elite administrators, could see both fines appealed yet

(Edit) For not being close enough to death penalty, as opposed to existing

Presumably Hopper was trying to get past an ump who was standing in his way to the ball?

I'm pretty sure I remember one of them - basically backed into the umpire while the ball was dead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back