Preview Round 9, 2018: St.Kilda v Collingwood - Etihad Stadium, Saturday 19th May, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 45 30.4%
  • Magpies

Votes: 103 69.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the first half of the Sandringham game, there can't be many changes unless we have injuries.

Sinclair to come back maybe rice a chance with freeman still a couple of games away.

If hickey stands up and Carlisle is right to play we can win this.

If we loose by six goals plus we must be tanking.

I watched the first half of the Sandringham game, there can't be many changes unless we have injuries.

Sinclair to come back maybe rice a chance with freeman still a couple of games away.

spot on.

Why dont we put the fastest man in the afl to the wing ROSS. Play goat in his position. See if that bears any fruit. Ross needs to be on the move he doesnt have great hands. He seems to get caught a lot when hes not in motion. Getting him moving up and down the wing could benefit him and give the goat a massive opportunity to showcase his talents.
Ross doesn't have great hands? He's got one of the best sets of hands in tight in the team!

Why dont we put the fastest man in the afl to the wing ROSS. Play goat in his position. See if that bears any fruit. Ross needs to be on the move he doesnt have great hands. He seems to get caught a lot when hes not in motion. Getting him moving up and down the wing could benefit him and give the goat a massive opportunity to showcase his talents.
Lateral thinking. I like it.
Maybe you are right.
Everyone has Ross type cast as a quote 'big body midfielder'. Maybe it doesn't suit him now.
Let him lose a few kgs and run free on a wing.

The reality is Ross's break speed is poor. It is his top speed which is good. He needs time to get going.
Throw the goat in to the clearances instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hickey has had a hard task most games with McEvoy , Gawn and now Grundy
Longer had Martin and Goldy
Marshall had Jacobs
Not to many easy ruck contests

A positive on our past games
1/ we had a win - Lions
2/ in the game until 4th quarter - Roos
3/ in in the game until 1/2 way through 3rd quarter - Crows
4/ well beaten from the start - Cats
5/ draw - GWS
6/ in the game till 4th quarter - Hawks
7/ in the game until half way through 3rd - Demons
8/ in the game till half way through 4th - Freo

Cats was the only game were we were out of it from the first quarter
Considering how bad we are playing and how we can't score , we might not be to far away from a win.

A positive on our past games
1/ we had a win - Lions
2/ in the game until 4th quarter - Roos
3/ in in the game until 1/2 way through 3rd quarter - Crows
4/ well beaten from the start - Cats
5/ draw - GWS
6/ in the game till 4th quarter - Hawks
7/ in the game until half way through 3rd - Demons
8/ in the game till half way through 4th - Freo

Cats was the only game were we were out of it from the first quarter
Considering how bad we are playing and how we can't score , we might not be to far away from a win.
We have been our own worst enemy.
If we can be accurate in the first quarter this week, we are in with a chance to win.
And if our players can get a small amount of confidence back, we will look like a completely different team.

Hickey has had a hard task most games with McEvoy , Gawn and now Grundy
Longer had Martin and Goldy
Marshall had Jacobs
Not to many easy ruck contests
I thought he was gone as a player, it's great he is back playing good football.

Grundy is a gun it won't be easy for hickey but if he can match Grundy I think we can win this game.

Marshall is a spud. Bring in Battle.

I cant believe you are not prepared to give Marshall the same opportunites as Paddy. Marshall has played 4 games and last week wasnt even used in the relief ruck role which is his best position. Once again poor coaching dont blame the kids blame the fool that is leading them.

From what I've seen of Rice this year he looks a player. Just looks to be too good for VFL and is one that will hopefully be able to fit into the AFL side. Has been BOG so much this year and definitely deserves a crack in the 1sts. Hopefully this week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back