Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I've decided to grab Dusty instead of JPk due to my bye situation.

Still grabbing Selwood with my other trade.

I'll grab JPK after his bye maybe.

Dusty just suits my round 11 bye more so makes more sense to pick him over JPK.

Wish me luck. :thumbsu:
I've done it too!
What was your deciding factor?
I went with - he doesn't miss games and ???

Here's the full squad. I'm in a reasonable position in my league game. So thinking I'll hold off on the second trade, to bring in a genuine $500-600k premo next week.

Next week I can look to grab D.Lloyd or Greenwood for Hannan/Parsons, and then upgrade a mid or defender rookie depending on byes.

Probably need to grab a mid premo soon, as 3 playing rookies is way too many

View attachment 372504
View attachment 372505

Nice team bud - coming along nicely - just a matter of those rookies mooing a bit more!

What about, Dusty can't play any worse .....and has a big upside when back into the midfield FT
Wayne's-World you still trading in Goldy? Werribee plays at 1pm today so we'll know by then if he's right because if he is good to go Preuss will be in the Werribee team.

Wayne's-World you still trading in Goldy? Werribee plays at 1pm today so we'll know by then if he's right because if he is good to go Preuss will be in the Werribee team.
No, i looked at my league matchups, and found most didn't have Danger with either a (c) or (vc) .....and strangely there are teams in the same donut situation as me ......so getting Dangers (c) score enables me to save the trade

I'll probably have to upgrade Sandi for the round 13 bye ......so i prefer not to change all my rucks just to get warm bodies on the field

Have 4 upgrades to do ......and all my upgrade targets are round 11 bye players, so my trades ATM need to be cash generating & nothing more .....hoping to catchup lost ground over the byes

Had planned SPP to Myers and either Turner to Heeney or Hampton to Rance but my Round 11 is a HUGE mess and I will need to reconsider.

Here is my side:

def.PNG fwds.PNG

Aside from my Bye players, the fact that Black, Balic, Eddy and Florent are all not playing means I will only have 14 starters in Round 11!

Therefore, feel I have keep my only maxed rookies (SPP and Hampton) for bye coverage and sell rookies that are not close to maxing out (also meaning I have less cash to upgrade my side).

Of those rookies...Eddy has only had 1 price rise and the Port board are hopeful he will get another game soon
Florent has only made 30K and was a late out just last week (but with current average will not rise much anyway)
Balic has heaps of money to make but nobody knows how soon he will be back
Black also has heaps to make but not sure when he gets another shot.

HELP please? toxic ?

Thoughts on
Hampton - Myers via DPP Adams then have about 550K to go
Butler - to a forward under 550, any suggestions.
Then looking to get some more premo mids through the byes.

Had planned SPP to Myers and either Turner to Heeney or Hampton to Rance but my Round 11 is a HUGE mess and I will need to reconsider.

Here is my side:

View attachment 372553 View attachment 372554

Aside from my Bye players, the fact that Black, Balic, Eddy and Florent are all not playing means I will only have 14 starters in Round 11!

Therefore, feel I have keep my only maxed rookies (SPP and Hampton) for bye coverage and sell rookies that are not close to maxing out (also meaning I have less cash to upgrade my side).

Of those rookies...Eddy has only had 1 price rise and the Port board are hopeful he will get another game soon
Florent has only made 30K and was a late out just last week (but with current average will not rise much anyway)

HELP please? toxic ?

how much cash do you have?

Florent was 2nd best on last nite in NEAFL - 30 odd possessions - i think he'll get more games very soon
Balic - has to go
and Eddy has to go

SPP - playing every game of the byes is gold (if you can manage to keep him)

Mite be time for two rookie grabs

Assuming you have no cash
Eddy & Balic out - both wont play in the next 3 weeks it seems
Myers must come in
Personally I like Greenwood from the crows but he's a big unknown

Got any cash tho?

Last edited:

Here is my side:

View attachment 372553 View attachment 372554

HELP please? toxic ?
Cash?

how much cash do you have?

Florent was 2nd best on last nite in NEAFL - 30 odd possessions - i think he'll get more games very soon
Balic - has to go
and Eddy has to go

SPP - playing every game of the byes is gold (if you can manage to keep him)

Mite be time for two rookie grabs

Assuming you have no cash
Eddy & Balic out - both wont play in the next 3 weeks it seems
Myers must come in
Personally I like Greenwood from the crows but he's a big unknown

Got any cash tho?

Thanks mate - Only $30K :(. Will keep Florent - although he has the Rnd 11 bye also.

In terms of upgrades, had been looking at Marchbank to Rance next week or Turner to Yeo/JJK due to their rnd 12 byes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on
Hampton - Myers via DPP Adams then have about 550K to go
Butler - to a forward under 550, any suggestions.
Then looking to get some more premo mids through the byes.

I like those trades. In terms of forwards under 550, I personally prefer Heeney. Averaging 107, playing mostly midfield and costs just 490K with a BE of 32. If it wasn't for my round 11 issues, I'd bring him in.

Last night was 15k short of going;
Horlin-Smith > Myers & Pruess > Jacobs

Looks like my only solution is either;
A) Ablett > Myers & Pruess > Jacobs/S Martin or
B) Petrevski-Sexton > Myers & Pruess > Jacobs/S Martin

Pros/cons A
P] Ablett is set to drop in price with a BE of 198, also only has 3 100's so if I'm going to trade/give-up on him it might as well be now while he's price is peaked.
P] Also will have around 260k in bank to upgrade Horlin-Smith next week.
C] I don't want to trade Pruess but seems I will have to with Nank, Witts as rucks.
C] Ablett would be useful during the main bye weeks.​

Pros/cons B
P] Can still upgrade Horlin-Smith next week by bringing in Loyd (GWS) assuming he has another decent game and is picked for a 3rd.
P] SPS will probably need to be upgraded in the week Carlton has a bye anyway.
C] I don't want to trade Pruess seems I will have to.
C] Petrevski-Sexton has a little more money to make with a low BE and is playing this week unlike Ablett which will mean taking Myers and Barrets scores this week.
Might make my decision when I get back from the Saints game.

I like those trades. In terms of forwards under 550, I personally prefer Heeney. Averaging 107, playing mostly midfield and costs just 490K with a BE of 32. If it wasn't for my round 11 issues, I'd bring him in.

Agree my worry though is that if sydney cant make finals by round 17/18 they will end heeneys year early given his pre season was interrupted.

For that reason i think i will bring greene in instead even though i don't like him.

I think you need a forward.
Pity mcniece wasnt named would makes things easier.

Tell me about it...3 crappy rooks on field and 2 no-shows on the bench. Turner will go up 20K this week and then will be plump for an upgrade. Problem is that cashing in my crappy rooks will not generate that much cash.

Agree my worry though is that if sydney cant make finals by round 17/18 they will end heeneys year early given his pre season was interrupted.

For that reason i think i will bring greene in instead even though i don't like him.

Greene is a decent option so no qualms there although I don't usually make decisions myslef on 'could end his year early' as these types of things are much more unlikely than we usually predict.

128k left - These were my thoughts
Shaw, Tuohy, Otten, Newmann, Marchbank, Berry (Hampton, Hibberd)
Adams, Danger, Pendles, Fyfe, JPK, Macrae, Merrett, Pepper, (Beams, Barrett, Balik)
Martin, Sandi (Strnadica)
Nank, Buddy, Roughy, Dahl, Taranto, Butler, (Eddy, Parsons)
Hampton - Myers via Adams DPP
Butler to ?

Tell me about it...3 crappy rooks on field and 2 no-shows on the bench. Turner will go up 20K this week and then will be plump for an upgrade. Problem is that cashing in my crappy rooks will not generate that much cash.
I think you make at least one trade to get cash,maybe 2.
See how these new rookies go.

Keep a eye out for Ainsworth still on the bubble seems to have a higher celing than most of these rooks.

Greenes a shithead but is a proven scorer SJ has really helped him alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back