Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Delete team

Otten, Williamson and Hannan putting their hands up for the chop. If SPP spuds up tomorrow, then at least he has the bye.

The 3 in the gun currently all beat their breakevens, but poor scores will likely see their breakevens next week as well above their average.

Really poor timing again for crap games when we need to make upgrades.

Unlucky for Rockliff owners too, wait and see how bad it is.

Why so early on Barrett?

His BE will only be about 20-30 imo

Because I don't have spuds like Williamson and Hannan to trade instead ;)

Although now that you mention it I do still have Will Hayward, but I don't think I'd be able to make that work with the salary cap. Unless I went for Buddy instead of Martin, but that would be a terrible move for my bye planning.

Why so early on Barrett?

His BE will only be about 20-30 imo
For me it sets up my mids for the bye structure as I will now have Murphy/Fisher/Pickett as the only Rd11 players left there. I can't see Barrett making a huge deal of cash/if any before byes but mainly cause I don't have to many other options atm with m/f rookies :( I can't use Otten/Newman/Stewart this round due to wanting to get in Myers + a mid premium. Other options I have for m/f rookies to downgrade are Butler/Balic/Parson/Pickett/Fisher I'd prefer to hold onto Butler as long as possible due to his JS & bye round, the others havnt made nearly enough cash - limited options unfortunantly :straining:

Because I don't have spuds like Williamson and Hannan to trade instead ;)

Although now that you mention it I do still have Will Hayward, but I don't think I'd be able to make that work with the salary cap. Unless I went for Buddy instead of Martin, but that would be a terrible move for my bye planning.
I probably wouldn't be trading rookies if they had heaps more cash to make regardless of my situation unless I looked like getting donuts or they were injured, this is how I see Newman for example and potentially Barrett if he scores well next week, hold for as long as possible until maxed out.

Unfortunately I was dealt a massive s**t sandwich this week, Otten had a BE of 37, Williamson 20 and Hannan 8, so I took the option on holding them all and hoping they'd score something that would warrant holding them for a few more weeks, but they all dished up rubbish.

Heaps seemed to have held Hampton this week though. He'll lose like 20k or something and will have another large BE next week, I saw no value in holding him at a reasonable price with the large BE and saw him as a liability in terms of cash generation and scoring power.

Anyways, hopefully SPP goes alright tomorrow and gives good bye coverage.

For me it sets up my mids for the bye structure as I will now have Murphy/Fisher/Pickett as the only Rd11 players left there. I can't see Barrett making a huge deal of cash/if any before byes but mainly cause I don't have to many other options atm with m/f rookies :( I can't use Otten/Newman/Stewart this round due to wanting to get in Myers + a mid premium. Other options I have for m/f rookies to downgrade are Butler/Balic/Parson/Pickett/Fisher I'd prefer to hold onto Butler as long as possible due to his JS & bye round, the others havnt made nearly enough cash - limited options unfortunantly :straining:
Barrett should be so much more helpful to have around than Fisher and Pickett imo through the byes, or just there to upgrade upon if needed in R11. I already conceded on Pickett and moved him on for Balic IIRC.

Fisher obviously needs a few more weeks to max out, but Barrett has a higher ceiling

Put up a screenshot of your team and I'll see if I can see something?

Hannan>Myers
1 of Hampton/Otten/SPP>Premo Def or Mid

or if Rocky injury is long term, then Rocky>Tom Mitchell

Barrett should be so much more helpful to have around than Fisher and Pickett imo through the byes, or just there to upgrade upon if needed in R11. I already conceded on Pickett and moved him on for Balic IIRC.

Fisher obviously needs a few more weeks to max out, but Barrett has a higher ceiling

Put up a screenshot of your team and I'll see if I can see something?

For sure :) open to any suggestions you have & open to trading in a premium forward instead but do think Martins underpriced :/ I nearly conceded on Pickett to Myers last week was $800 short going Houston to Yeo though :( would make your bench look alot stronger! Happy to hold Fisher & Pickett is my only m/f link but definantly agree Barrett will be more helpful through byes. I have 137k in the bank

yXg06z.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For sure :) open to any suggestions you have & open to trading in a premium forward instead but do think Martins underpriced :/ I nearly conceded on Pickett to Myers last week was $800 short going Houston to Yeo though :( would make your bench look alot stronger! Happy to hold Fisher & Pickett is my only m/f link but definantly agree Barrett will be more helpful through byes. I have 137k in the bank

yXg06z.png
Your midfield leans towards R13, but apart from that, I feel you're pretty balanced and imo bringing in a forward or ruck is a good option this week if you can make it happen. A Nank, Ryder or Grundy would complement you to use Strandica when needed.

You could always just go up from Sandi to Grundy if there are no standout options too. If there are no great options for you, then I'd go Sandi to Grundy, it's an improvement at least. I'm looking at Grundy next week.

Personally

I'd cut your losses on Pickett now for Myers seeing you have Eddy too, you have 3 guys you have to carry through the byes, it could be too many. That gives you 184k or something to upgrade Butler or Otten, it may not be enough for someone decent up forward, but it can give you Shaw or Hodge as Ottens value is higher.

I'd wait until R11 to upgrade Barrett and Fisher imo, then swing Balic back into the mids then and make another upgrade somewhere.

You're dependent on Balic and Parsons imo this week, wait and see with them.

Nroo, Smith and Lynch will be cheap through the byes if you are looking to upgrade there, they will bottom out in a week or two.

You might bleed points up forward next week playing average rookies, but imo you'll be better placed within your current set up.

Hey go you pups you mentioned brad hill a couple of weeks ago, great call - he is a legit option now in the forward line for that F4-6 posi

Hey go you pups you mentioned brad hill a couple of weeks ago, great call - he is a legit option now in the forward line for that F4-6 posi
I reckon his brother getting injured has freed him up more

Scoring like Gaff the last two weeks, was 80-110 most weeks before that though.

Your midfield leans towards R13, but apart from that, I feel you're pretty balanced and imo bringing in a forward or ruck is a good option this week if you can make it happen. A Nank, Ryder or Grundy would complement you to use Strandica when needed.

You could always just go up from Sandi to Grundy if there are no standout options too. If there are no great options for you, then I'd go Sandi to Grundy, it's an improvement at least. I'm looking at Grundy next week.

Personally

I'd cut your losses on Pickett now for Myers seeing you have Eddy too, you have 3 guys you have to carry through the byes, it could be too many. That gives you 184k or something to upgrade Butler or Otten, it may not be enough for someone decent up forward, but it can give you Shaw or Hodge as Ottens value is higher.

I'd wait until R11 to upgrade Barrett and Fisher imo, then swing Balic back into the mids then and make another upgrade somewhere.

You're dependent on Balic and Parsons imo this week, wait and see with them.

Nroo, Smith and Lynch will be cheap through the byes if you are looking to upgrade there, they will bottom out in a week or two.

You might bleed points up forward next week playing average rookies, but imo you'll be better placed within your current set up.
Hoping to upgrade Fyfe to Rocky during byes (unless still injured) to help balance that out a bit. A lot of the other premium mids I was looking at aren't performing atm though :/

I like the idea of bring Nank in up forward, thanks :) he killed it in the second half today & as you said brings in some much needed cover for Sandi. If I could also manage to bring two of those forwards you mentioned maybe Nroo & Buddy RD12/13 it will leave Roughy as my bench cover & when Sandi gets rested can swing Nank into the rucks through Strandica & Roughy comes onfield

What's your thoughts on that & playing 2 of Nank/Sandi/Roughy each week?? Saves me trades that I need instead of upgrading Sandi, so my trades before byes would look something like

SPP > Myers & Butler > Nank about 100k left

then after Rd 9 Pickett >Scheer (if named) & Otten > Premium defender (under about 540k), with Fyfe/Barrett/Balic/Parsons left to upgrade through/after byes.

Hoping to upgrade Fyfe to Rocky during byes (unless still injured) to help balance that out a bit. A lot of the other premium mids I was looking at aren't performing atm though :/

I like the idea of bring Nank in up forward, thanks :) he killed it in the second half today & as you said brings in some much needed cover for Sandi. If I could also manage to bring two of those forwards you mentioned maybe Nroo & Buddy RD12/13 it will leave Roughy as my bench cover & when Sandi gets rested can swing Nank into the rucks through Strandica & Roughy comes onfield

What's your thoughts on that & playing 2 of Nank/Sandi/Roughy each week?? Saves me trades that I need instead of upgrading Sandi, so my trades before byes would look something like

SPP > Myers & Butler > Nank about 100k left

then after Rd 9 Pickett >Scheer (if named) & Otten > Premium defender (under about 540k), with Fyfe/Barrett/Balic/Parsons left to upgrade through/after byes.
I'm likely holding SPP for 2 more weeks and playing it by the price/breakevens with him.

Hopefully he has a big score in R10 and gives me coverage through the byes, but I might dump him after that game if he spuds up.

However, you are short on cash right now so SPP is probably more expendable this week than what Barrett and Fisher are because of his bye.

I like the Butler and SPP to Myers + Nank move

Yeah you've held Roughy through his rough patch, keep him as cover now. I'd upgrade Sandi to Grundy next week once he bottoms out, imo hold Fyfe even though he's struggling, he becomes M8-9 for you. I wouldn't want to play 2/3 of Sandi/Nank/Roughy in your completed side, Grundy and Nank fwd (rucks if needed because of injury/rest) with Roughy as cover is better imo. NRoo + someone else coming in will help your forward power.

NRoo is a great R12 option after his bye, should be bloody cheap then also which is handy for you as you don't have too many assets currently, so picking up cheap bottomed out premiums is a great way of completing your team.

I'd be wary of Otten though, maybe 1 more week then turf him for McNiece or McInnes if he bleeds heaps of cash?

Yep Fyfe is on his way out of my team.

Horse is killing me. Would have played Newman if named and that would have got me the W.

Last edited:
I might not trade this week, think im cursed with whoever i bring in....

Traded in Sloane 2 weeks ago, goes on to score 2 60's
Traded in Tuohy this week, goes to score 67.

Im cursed :'(:drunk:

Yep Fyfe is on his way out of my team.

Horse is killing me. Would have played Newman if named and that would have got me the W.
Yep..

**** you Horse, you cost me 93 points playing Williamson instead. Play Newman every week FFS

Bloody ultimate trolling git on a week where rookies played in their potato farms.

Great call on Newman Slippers you'll have a nice rankings rise this week.

GAFFS BE WAS 112!!!!!!!...... Scored 146, I dunno if I'll be able to afford him and Myers as I'll have 696-700k to play with trading Otten and Hannan out with my 56.9k remaining and he'll be priced at around 560k tonight and Myers obviously 136k!!!

Knifes edge if I can afford it or not, hopefully Hannan gets a good 15k rise and not 12-13k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back