Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the detailed reply pups!

Yeh i think option 1 is my best bet bcos my forwards are thinning and forward rooks are alot more shakey at the moment than defensive rooks.

Otten to McInnes and Butler to Heeney sounds good to me, i rate and want Heeney alot more than any of the other options. Sure it screws me for round 11 but i feel like not having Heeney might screw me more. I have a few plans to try help the round 11 massacre anyway in the next 2 weeks coming.
Your midfield is very heavy weighted towards R13 but I reckon using DPP next week or the week after, you could be ok up forward in R11 even if you do bring Heeney in.

These R13 forward rookies in Stewart and Greenwood in the upcoming weeks helps bye planning as we are heavy on R11 forwards, plus if McInnes survives if you bring him in. You could DPP Steele/Dahl/Macrae etc into the mids in R11 as Bont is your only R11 mid premium and Barrett/Pickett etc may need to be moved on by then for space/cash/or for a playing rookie.

I'm considering this type of move myself as I only have Murphy and Barrett in midfield currently, then I will look to go nuts on bringing in R11 types in R12 and 13, thus shuffling the DPP pack around where needed again. The 11 midfield spots come in very handy with DPP.

Your midfield is very heavy weighted towards R13 but I reckon using DPP next week or the week after, you could be ok up forward in R11 even if you do bring Heeney in.

These R13 forward rookies in Stewart and Greenwood in the upcoming weeks helps bye planning as we are heavy on R11 forwards, plus if McInnes survives if you bring him in. You could DPP Steele/Dahl/Macrae etc into the mids in R11 as Bont is your only R11 mid premium and Barrett/Pickett etc may need to be moved on by then for space/cash/or for a playing rookie.

I'm considering this type of move myself as I only have Murphy and Barrett in midfield currently, then I will look to go nuts on bringing in R11 types in R12 and 13, thus shuffling the DPP pack around where needed again. The 11 midfield spots come in very handy with DPP.

Yeh my mids is round 13 stacked, and my forwards is round 11 stacked.

I think the risk is worth it with McInnes just for some DPP wizardry which could help me through the byes.

Next week ill look to dish off Barret for Lloyd to get me an extra player for round 11.

Also, on the discussion above, I can't imagine any professional journalist using 'would/could/should of' as Bandicoot claimed.

I'm actually kinda horrified by the thought of that.
Hasn't stopped Mark Robinson making his way to the top :p

Even with the countless apostrophes, commas, spelling mistakes etcetera.

RIP professional editors

Yeh my mids is round 13 stacked, and my forwards is round 11 stacked.

I think the risk is worth it with McInnes just for some DPP wizardry which could help me through the byes.

Next week ill look to dish off Barret for Lloyd to get me an extra player for round 11.
With who you currently have already in midfield, I wouldn't recommend it, unless Lloyd smashes a ton out this week, becomes must have and flies up to 300k off the back of 4-5 games like what Preuss did.

Zerrett, Titchell, Pendles, Sloane, Fyfe and Myers already is very heavy for that week, it'd mean you are down to only 19 in R13 without assessing other positions as none of them have DPP that you can hide on the bench somewhere else. Lloyd would make it only 18 before trades, maybe less.

Would be my only concern, imo bringing R13 forwards in makes more sense for bye planning.

With who you currently have already in midfield, I wouldn't recommend it, unless Lloyd smashes a ton out this week, becomes must have and flies up to 300k off the back of 4-5 games like what Preuss did.

Zerrett, Titchell, Pendles, Sloane, Fyfe and Myers already is very heavy for that week, it'd mean you are down to only 19 in R13 without assessing other positions as none of them have DPP that you can hide on the bench somewhere else. Lloyd would make it only 18 before trades, maybe less.

Would be my only concern, imo bringing R13 forwards in makes more sense for bye planning.

I see your point, hmmmm so you recon miss on Heeney then and bring in a round 12-13 bye forward premo? I could YOLO it with Jarryd Waite or could bring in Greene/Higgins/Cameron, but i just feel more confident with Heeney.

Or i can keep Heeney and next week avoid Lloyd and maybe jump on Bolton early if signs are good for Balic, then can trade Barret next week to any forward/mid/def rookie using DPP wizadry (with McInnes and Pickett).

Last edited:
I see your point, hmmmm so you recon miss on Heeney then and bring in a round 12-13 bye forward premo? I could YOLO it with Jarryd Waite or could bring in Greene/Higgins/Cameron, but i just feel more confident with Heeney.
Na, Heeney is probably the best option at your current price point.

I reckon Heeney this week is fine as long as you have the ability to DPP magic your way out of trouble in two weeks. Trading Barrett and Pickett out of midfield by then are the two who could help make the space for that to occur imo. It helps that we have forward rookies on the radar now.

Na, Heeney is probably the best option at your current price point.

I reckon Heeney this week is fine as long as you have the ability to DPP magic your way out of trouble in two weeks. Trading Barrett and Pickett out of midfield by then are the two who could help make the space for that to occur imo. It helps that we have forward rookies on the radar now.

If Bolton performs he might be my savior and as i mentioned in my edit above i can basically play with any def/mid/forward rookie with McInnes and Pickett as DPP links

If Bolton performs he might be my savior and as i mentioned in my edit above i can basically play with any def/mid/forward rookie with McInnes and Pickett as DPP links
Yeah that may work too, didn't realise he was named, I was moreso wondering what Soldo would do.

We've got some options now at least which helps

Stewart, Greenwood, Bolton, Gallucci (IIRC he's an expensive one)

Bolton was on a few people's radar in preseason also. Hopefully he does a Markov.

I might have to bring in McInness over Lloyd this week. Bringing in McInness maintains my DPP link plus it means I have bench cover in my forward line.

If I bring in Lloyd I don't have the luxury everyone else has of swinging players around to make sure there's 18 on the park over rounds 11-13. I just have to hope McInnes kills it and Simpson plays Petrie in the magoos for a few weeks.

Yeah that may work too, didn't realise he was named, I was moreso wondering what Soldo would do.

We've got some options now at least which helps

Stewart, Greenwood, Bolton, Gallucci (IIRC he's an expensive one)

Bolton was on a few people's radar in preseason also. Hopefully he does a Markov.

Yeh i had Bolton during pre-season, hopefully he performs well. The above otherwise are all round 13's which as you stated i am quite heavy on too.

Soldo i hope doesn't perform honestly, i have a feeling Nank is going to suffer now with Soldo in the side....hope i am wrong but it doesn't loom good for him.

Yeh i had Bolton during pre-season, hopefully he performs well. The above otherwise are all round 13's which as you stated i am quite heavy on too.
Being R13 won't be a problem as they are forwards, you can hide them on the forward pine imo that week as long as you have a Dahl/Macrae/Steele/Bolton type in the mids helping ease the heavy R13 midfield that particular week.

This assumes you trade a R13 rookie or two also though on their bye week and look for an upgrade.
Soldo i hope doesn't perform honestly, i have a feeling Nank is going to suffer now with Soldo in the side....hope i am wrong but it doesn't loom good for him.
Yeah same, the only thing is Elton is out and he was the back up ruck-forward. It may not be too much of a problem.

Being R13 won't be a problem as they are forwards, you can hide them on the forward pine imo that week as long as you have a Dahl/Macrae/Steele/Bolton type in the mids helping ease the heavy R13 midfield that particular week.

This assumes you trade a R13 rookie or two also though on their bye week and look for an upgrade.

Yeah same, the only thing is Elton is out and he was the back up ruck-forward. It may not be too much of a problem.

Yeh exactly, round 13 i dont need to field any round 13 players in my forwards as they will all be round 11/12.

So i can hide on forward bench and or try move my round 11 forward dpp players into mids to cover.

Alot of logistical re-arrangements will be made over next 2 weeks thats for sure.

Think ill stick with bringing in Heeney this week, i feel he is a must. Now or never.

Rocky owners what is the consensus? I joined your ranks last week, s**t timing I know, but at least he banged out a 130 and gained a tickle of cash.

In recent years Rocky has been so damn unpredictable with his injury recovery; the Lions almost never get it right. He seems to always come back early or late, never in the timeframe given. You'd think with the bye and 3 solid weeks out he's not much of a chance to miss more than 3, so I think he is either back next week or after his bye. I wouldn't put it past him to get back in next week given the type of player he his (and then probably get injured in Q1, touch wood).

I'm thinking hold, partly because I'm well down in the rankings (I might sideways if I was in the top 500), but mainly because I know I will have an absolute nightmare of a time getting him back in later.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh exactly, round 13 i dont need to field any round 13 players in my forwards as they will all be round 11/12.

So i can hide on forward bench and or try move my round 11 forward dpp players into mids to cover.

Alot of logistical re-arrangements will be made over next 2 weeks thats for sure.

Think ill stick with bringing in Heeney this week, i feel he is a must. Now or never.

What's his breakeven?

Heeney's BE is 57.

Projected to go up $28k this week if he scores 117.
Why do people think Heeney is a must have? I'm tossing up whether to bring him in this week as well, but my gut tells me he will score a couple 100s in a row, then languish in the 60s for the next few weeks before pumping out another 100 and continue this cycle. Why is everyone so confident in him this year?

Why do people think Heeney is a must have? I'm tossing up whether to bring him in this week as well, but my gut tells me he will score a couple 100s in a row, then languish in the 60s for the next few weeks before pumping out another 100 and continue this cycle. Why is everyone so confident in him this year?

Last two seasons he played almost exclusively as either a half forward flanker or in the forward pocket. This year he's playing in the middle for the majority of the game and has regularly has leather poisoning in the NEAFL and in junior competition.

I tend to agree with you. I think he needs to come in at some point but I don't think he is a must have.

I may even look at bringing in Dalhaus or Riewoldt in before him, they are great value (as long as Riewoldt can lift a bit). Not sure why he is a must have this week....

I tend to agree with you. I think he needs to come in at some point but I don't think he is a must have.

I may even look at bringing in Dalhaus or Riewoldt in before him, they are great value (as long as Riewoldt can lift a bit). Not sure why he is a must have this week....

This will be the last time he is under 500k, in few weeks he will be pushing 600k.

Why do people think Heeney is a must have?

He is not a must have player. I am trading him in as I see him as a 90-100 (conservatively) averaging player that will be in the top 6 forwards. I would have got him last week but I had issues with my team so could not pull the trigger.

He is a player that has done a complete positional change over the offseason so for the Swans he is playing as a Midfielder. That is where the extra points are coming from. He was the first player I selected in my team prior to the start of the season until he got glandular fever.

I'm still not 100% on the 2 trades I'll use this week

At the moment I've gone Pruess >>> Grundy (Swung Nank forward)

The other trade I'm leaning towards is Otten >>> Perryman. Yes I know this is not recommended as he hasn't even played a game yet!

The reason I think it's worth bringing in Perryman is that I don't trust McInness' JS and there should be some great downgrade options coming up in the forward that may have better security.

Further, these trades give me 169k in the bank to contirbute to upgrades for rounds 12 and 13 where I'll look to stack up on round 11 players - Heeney, Nroo, Dahl, Murph, Simpson, Lloyd etc.

My other option is bringing in Lloyd in my midfield however I don't like his JS (Perryman's JS is unknown also I know) and I have a lot of round 13 midfielders.

I'd rather take that risk than bring in McInness at this stage.

I reckon that Balic has to go. He will probably be out for at least 2-3 weeks (especially if the rumour is that his father is sick) and then will have to return via Peel Thunder for another couple of weeks to get his match fitness back up to scratch. You can pretty much rule him out as any sort of bye cover.

So trading Balic to Myers allows one of the following upgrades
WHE --> Riewoldt/Franklin/550k
or
Sandilands --> Grundy

I'm leaning towards the sandilands upgrade, but finding it hard to justify turfing a guy who is averaging mid 80's.
I usually like to save the upgrading of mid-pricers till the end (when there are no rookies on my field) but Balics awkward price point really only made these upgrades (which were always going to happen at some stage) possible this week.
Sandi's BE of 85 and Grundy with 115 means it probably won't cost you much to wait a week, and maybe see if Cox comes back.

I'm still not 100% on the 2 trades I'll use this week

At the moment I've gone Pruess >>> Grundy (Swung Nank forward)

The other trade I'm leaning towards is Otten >>> Perryman. Yes I know this is not recommended as he hasn't even played a game yet!

The reason I think it's worth bringing in Perryman is that I don't trust McInness' JS and there should be some great downgrade options coming up in the forward that may have better security.

Further, these trades give me 169k in the bank to contirbute to upgrades for rounds 12 and 13 where I'll look to stack up on round 11 players - Heeney, Nroo, Dahl, Murph, Simpson, Lloyd etc.

My other option is bringing in Lloyd in my midfield however I don't like his JS (Perryman's JS is unknown also I know) and I have a lot of round 13 midfielders.

I'd rather take that risk than bring in McInness at this stage.

How can you trust Perryman's JS over McInnes though? Perry hasn't even played a game and GWS are always moving in and out players. Whose spot does he take in the teams?

We wi
Thanks for the detailed reply pups!

Yeh i think option 1 is my best bet bcos my forwards are thinning and forward rooks are alot more shakey at the moment than defensive rooks.

Otten to McInnes and Butler to Heeney sounds good to me, i rate and want Heeney alot more than any of the other options. Sure it screws me for round 11 but i feel like not having Heeney might screw me more. I have a few plans to try help the round 11 massacre anyway in the next 2 weeks coming.
Ro
WORD OF WARNING TO ALL HEENEY OWNERS, expect a 60 from him as that has been my recent curse last 2 weeks (brought in Sloane 2 weeks ago for 2 60's, brought in Tuohy last week for a 60 lol)
We will be holding you personally responsible for this CrozaN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back