Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on what you think of Miller. Personally, although he's got a decent ceiling I feel Touk is going to average around the mid 80s, which doesn't make for a top 6 FWD or MID. I'd consider

GHS -> Myers
Touk -> Heeney

And next week consider Black -> Lloyd (via Balic), which will leave you ~$238k for a second trade. That should be enough to do Barrett to NRiewoldt or similar.

And with all that said I just noticed you have Rocky. If you wanted to be aggressive, you could go GHS -> M. Hibberd and switch Adams to the mids and bring Otten off the bench. Then Rocky -> Zerrett would probably get you the most points overall in the short term. Long term I still think the Touk -> Heeney is a good trade.

Ballsy move might be to go for Taberner in for someone like Black. Myers probably has the best short term cash generation though may not score as much on field.

I think you may be better off trading Roughead instead of Miller. I think Miller will average more and will provide cover over the byes.

I think you may be better off trading Roughead instead of Miller. I think Miller will average more and will provide cover over the byes.
I reckon by the time you get to Roughy's bye, you move him on as well. Over that period keeping Touk's gonna be the more expensive option, and will need to score 133% more than Roughy over the next 4 rounds to be better value on points. If Roughy averages 70 (3 round average of 84), Touk's gotta average 93+ and I don't see that happening on current form.

Yeah I think i'd rather trade Roughy instead of Miller too at this stage. I still hold a tiny bit of hope for Touk for some reason..

I reckon by the time you get to Roughy's bye, you move him on as well. Over that period keeping Touk's gonna be the more expensive option, and will need to score 133% more than Roughy over the next 4 rounds to be better value on points. If Roughy averages 70 (3 round average of 84), Touk's gotta average 93+ and I don't see that happening on current form.
Will definitely be moving Roughy on in the next few weeks, its just a matter of when. Do I move him now with a BE of only 44 when he has the potential to still increase in price a bit.. If i dont move him on now (and want to keep Miller) I need to move on both SPP and GHS now who both also may still increase..

Alright let's play "what would you do if you were me" (I have been changing my mind alll freaking day).

One trade is locked in and that's Pruess >>> Grundy Via Nank forward.

I need to do a downgrade to allow for the Pruess > Grundy upgrade.

Option 1 Pickett >>> Lloyd. Pickett is deadwood, Lloyd now looks like he'll stay in the side for a little bit. Only problem is lose my DPP Link from FWD-MID

Option 2 Otten >>> Perryman, Otten is maxed out. However we haven't seen Perryman yet (his JS may have improved however with Smith and Coniglio it may of improved)

Option 3 Balic >>> McInness. Balic out indefinitely and McInnes we have seen and played ok. benefit is I keep my dpp but he may be dropped and be useless over the byes. Plus there are other rookies coming through in the forward line.

Orif there are any other thoughts or trades let me know I cannot decide it's so annoying.

EDIT - this was my team at the end of last week ignore players on bench etc.

round 9#2.png

Yeo v Heeny what's everyone's thoughts?

Depends if you care about the bye.

Heeney on price is way better value this week.

Yeo looks like a top 6 forward but uses up way more cash than Heeney for future upgrades. He has a good bye though.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Alright let's play "what would you do if you were me" (I have been changing my mind alll freaking day).

One trade is locked in and that's Pruess >>> Grundy Via Nank forward.

I need to do a downgrade to allow for the Pruess > Grundy upgrade.

Option 1 Pickett >>> Lloyd. Pickett is deadwood, Lloyd now looks like he'll stay in the side for a little bit. Only problem is lose my DPP Link from FWD-MID

Option 2 Otten >>> Perryman, Otten is maxed out. However we haven't seen Perryman yet (his JS may have improved however with Smith and Coniglio it may of improved)

Option 3 Balic >>> McInness. Balic out indefinitely and McInnes we have seen and played ok. benefit is I keep my dpp but he may be dropped and be useless over the byes. Plus there are other rookies coming through in the forward line.

Orif there are any other thoughts or trades let me know I cannot decide it's so annoying.

EDIT - this was my team at the end of last week ignore players on bench etc.

View attachment 372230

Its easier if you have your team set to make a judgment call, but if you were going to jump early with byes in mind Pickett > Lloyd could be the best option as he is a R12 player that is maxed.

Will definitely be moving Roughy on in the next few weeks, its just a matter of when. Do I move him now with a BE of only 44 when he has the potential to still increase in price a bit.. If i dont move him on now (and want to keep Miller) I need to move on both SPP and GHS now who both also may still increase..
GHS' median score is 62 over 6 games, and his BE is 71. He's need to get back in the side and hit the average or above twice in a row to make money, and the median suggests he won't be doing that. He's topped out for mine, and is gone from my team this week for that reason.

If you're keeping Miller it needs to be a long term play because the suggest that up to Rd 13 Roughy is likely a better bet for both cash and points.

Alright let's play "what would you do if you were me"
Put Greene, Treloar, and Newman on the field for starters.

Of your options, number 1. I think Lloyd as a HF type benefits from the injuries moreso than Perryman as a HB type. DPP to me tends to be more useful for trading than on-field positioning. The only spot I'd argue against that is the RUC / FWD as Nank is a viable FWD which allows your FWD bench to cover for your rucks rather than hoping for a Preuss or Soldo to be named.

Against option 3, I think Jenkins out might allow Otten to score freer. In games where Jenkins played a full clip Otten scored averaging 55, with Jenkins not playing or injured for most of the game the average is 79.4 (if you ignore the Rd4 55, then that average is 85.5 with a max of 99). Brisbane and Richmond are to the middle of teams with points against, but Essendon are towards the bottom.

I've chickened out on Taberner (got him in AF for shits and giggles).

Sticking with just Eddy > Myers this week. Makes me no cash but should kickstart some dollar generation that I'm sadly lacking.

Hopefully Hannan and Parsons can give me better than a combined 20 points this weekend. I'll worry about Touk next week, possibly downgrade him to Stewart and upgrade Otten if he doesn't perform.

Still a worry that I have to deal with Touk, Otten, Florent, Balic, Hannan, Parsons at some stage but I can't see anything this week that really works for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its easier if you have your team set to make a judgment call, but if you were going to jump early with byes in mind Pickett > Lloyd could be the best option as he is a R12 player that is maxed.

I assume you mean round 11 for Pickett? I think it's the best way to go as well with some good options like Greenwood and Galucci hopefully coming through over the next 2 weeks.

GHS' median score is 62 over 6 games, and his BE is 71. He's need to get back in the side and hit the average or above twice in a row to make money, and the median suggests he won't be doing that. He's topped out for mine, and is gone from my team this week for that reason.

If you're keeping Miller it needs to be a long term play because the suggest that up to Rd 13 Roughy is likely a better bet for both cash and points.

Put Greene, Treloar, and Newman on the field for starters.

Of your options, number 1. I think Lloyd as a HF type benefits from the injuries moreso than Perryman as a HB type. DPP to me tends to be more useful for trading than on-field positioning. The only spot I'd argue against that is the RUC / FWD as Nank is a viable FWD which allows your FWD bench to cover for your rucks rather than hoping for a Preuss or Soldo to be named.

Against option 3, I think Jenkins out might allow Otten to score freer. In games where Jenkins played a full clip Otten scored averaging 55, with Jenkins not playing or injured for most of the game the average is 79.4 (if you ignore the Rd4 55, then that average is 85.5 with a max of 99). Brisbane and Richmond are to the middle of teams with points against, but Essendon are towards the bottom.

I agree, I think with Smith out it makes it easier to do this trade. Definitely agree on Otten hopefully he can average 80 odd from here.

On the FWD/RUC point, do you mean I can use Nank to swing into the rucks if Stef or Grundy go down? It's definitely a bonus. Let's hope Gallucci starts to get a run soon. I'll bring him inot my midfield and get my link back.

Pickett>Myers
Butler>Bolton

1st trade a no brainer. Pickett is just deadwood. Second trade, I was facing a butler donut. I could've gone a fwd up to 470k but there was nobody that grabbed me. Instead I downgraded to Shai Bolton. Very risky going blind on the kid but I recall good wraps on him preseason and unlike trolls like BScott/Horse, Hardwick gives his kids a decent run. Not expecting high scores but a warm body through the byes (handy rd12) and some cash would be nice. I've banked over 200k on the trades and can look at getting Jelwood next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back