Trades Round 9 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

At this stage possibly upgrade naughton (how long will he be out for?) to Blakely, and downgrade Waaterman to phillips.

I also want some underpriced premiums like Rocky after their bye, M Crouch and possibly Aaron Hall (big punt)

With only 2 games left, and most people having less than a handful of players left, can start to think about trades for next week.

Who's chasing Ronke?

Forward rookies have got to go!

Definitely me. I'll be getting rid of Christensen for him and taking the rookie scores but a handy player during the byes. Will then look at getting rid of JOM for Crouch, Bont or someone similar. Could even get Rocky in, but will probably just wait til after his bye.

Did rocky look like the rocky of old or something? I didn’t get a glance at the game and hate targeting players I don’t get to see in the flesh but everyone seems to be blowing their load over him

He was everywhere. Strong signs of the Rocky of old. Definitely looking to target for cheap after bye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waterman -> Ahern
Doedee -> Whitfield

Got Ronke on his debut. Don't understand why you would have waited on him.

Last edited:
Finlayson -> Phillips (via DPP)
Doedee -> Ronke (via DPP)

Phillips looked really good, especially in the first half when the rest of the Saints team looked completely listless. Job security should be decent off the back of that, so he's a nice little downgrade.

Not completely sold on that second trade yet given that Ronke will basically be a midpricer and he's not going to kick 7 goals every week. But his BE will be negative and downgrading a maxed-out Doedee to him would still make some instant cash. Will probably go with a cheaper rookie if one presents itself though.

Did rocky look like the rocky of old or something? I didn’t get a glance at the game and hate targeting players I don’t get to see in the flesh but everyone seems to be blowing their load over him

Only caught some of the game so not 100% sure but some good things:

• named in the middle, played in the middle
  • 9 tackles
  • Robbie Gray did well up forward so likely to have slightly more fwd role whilst Rocky slightly more mid

How did Ainsworth play on the weekend? Missed the game but he scored well. Likely to have earned an extended run or not?

Also would M Crouch or Macrae? Hard to decide between the value or the pig (in the making). Would kill me if i paid that sort of money and he started to get attention and dropped back to a 110 sort of average, Gibbs has me nervous about paying that sort of money for him.

How did Ainsworth play on the weekend? Missed the game but he scored well. Likely to have earned an extended run or not?

Also would M Crouch or Macrae? Hard to decide between the value or the pig (in the making). Would kill me if i paid that sort of money and he started to get attention and dropped back to a 110 sort of average, Gibbs has me nervous about paying that sort of money for him.
Was at the game. Ainsworth was up and about, tried hard all day. With Shuey and Sheed out injured there are midfield openings at the moment, and Simpson has apparently decided to reverse the uber-conservative approach to playing our youngsters that he's taken previously.
In the absence of other mid rookie options, he may be worth a punt.

Had 8 tackles which inflated his score, won't stay in the side when Sheed and Shuey are ready. Look at Phillips instead

i’d say b hill probably have a greater affect on his scoring

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Both do.

But BHill only played rounds 1 and 2.
Walters 1-5 then first qtr of 6.

Langdon
R1 and R2: 66, 62 (so yes affected by BHill)
R3 and 5: 111, 81
Since Walters out: 120, 68, 130.

Walters likely to be back much sooner. Langdon great get in draft until then IMO.

would have loved to bring in langdon a couple of weeks ago just had too many other issues, now looks
very good

Likely to drop off once Walters is back I would have thought.
i’d say b hill probably have a greater affect on his scoring

Seems to do a good job of going missing without either of them in the side too. 60 last week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back