Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
also think robbie gray might not score so well.

playing 90% forward. his scores so far have been mid forward. and only scored 100 this week because 6 goals

Finlayson and Banfield are maxed out and need to be moved on this week,
Finlayson expected +400
Banfield expected +6500

Not necessarily essential to be moved on this week, even with poor scores we are only looking at like a 1 or 2k loss of value. It all depends on the expected movement of the guys you are targeting for upgrades and the effect of waiting a week.

What to do with Hurley? I'm already missing Curnow this week :/ I really don't want to play Coffield, Cole, Murray and Doedee in defence...

What to do with Hurley? I'm already missing Curnow this week :/ I really don't want to play Coffield, Cole, Murray and Doedee in defence...
Upgrade Doedee to Yeo/Simpson if you can afford.

Thats my one move this week. Don't like the look of Keefe, so happy to wait for more rookies next week.
Next week is Brayshaw --> Phillips and then either Banfield to a 680k Midfielder, or if Rockliff dominates then I do a second downgrade next week (Finlayson --> Cumming) and target Rocky after his bye.

View attachment 496998
View attachment 496999 Naughton > Sic Dawg
Finlay > McLean

Wish I got them when they both were 100K cheaper, but theyre looking to be top 6 scorers for their respective positions.
I'll bring in Yeo week to completes my Fwd/Def lines. He'll likely not rise too much (BE 101) in comparison to Sicily (BE 52) / McLean (BE 65).

This leaves Kelly, Murray, Lycett and Frisch as my last remaining onfield Rookies /Mid Pricers to upgrade.

My final trade targets will be Grundy/Macrae/Rocky to complete my team. Hopefully I only need 6-7 trades to get this done given that the cash cows have been very good this year.

Sucks that I'm still carrying the likes of Billings/Savage. Hopefully I can bring in Westoff/Simpson, so that Billings/Savage become my F7/D7.

Change of plans:
  • Finlay > Taranto
  • Naughton > Sicily
Thinking Taranto will get similar scores to Mclean going forward, and I save $80K doing it. This will save a trade when trying to get in Rocky in the next fortnight.

Finlayson expected +400
Banfield expected +6500

Not necessarily essential to be moved on this week, even with poor scores we are only looking at like a 1 or 2k loss of value. It all depends on the expected movement of the guys you are targeting for upgrades and the effect of waiting a week.
My current cash cows are

DEF
Coffield: 21 fell out last round, will start making money again, likely bye hold or upgrade to a R12 bye premium in R13 if I have to cash out early
Mirra: no where near it
Cole: still a few weeks away, might be a bye hold even
Finlayson: maxed out imo, has regressed over the last few weeks, primary trade option this week while at a good value
Murray: potential keeper

MID
Telly: I feel he may have a few more weeks in him, but may be a week to week proposition now also as he can score 60s with low mark/tackle numbers
Brayshaw: has scored a few 70s lately, still cash to make for a week or two
Banfield: might hold his value but imo he's done like Finlayson
Barry: bye hold, if he's not in the frame to play then dump R12-13

FWD
Fritsch: best mooing rookie at the moment, obvious hold until he maxes out, gets injured or gets to his bye
Crowden: losing value, no point cashing in at the moment, bye hold, still gets named every week though so Ross is obviously a fan, DPP helps too so can flick him around where I need him to be, needs to score them 50-60-70s again though
Spargo: early days for him

Out of my cash cows, imo Finlayson and Banfield are done, with potentially Telly soon

Finlayson BE 65 (done, he's scoring below that lately)
Telly BE 56 (nearly done, but hasn't gone below 60 yet, quite capable of tonning up still)
Banfield BE 51 (scored 47 on the weekend, averaging not much more than that 51)

Based on current form and ceiling I keep Telly a bit longer, however, I'll see what moves I can do moving him on for a premium defender

My current cash cows are

DEF
Coffield: 21 fell out last round, will start making money again, likely bye hold or upgrade to a R12 bye premium in R13 if I have to cash out early
Mirra: no where near it
Cole: still a few weeks away, might be a bye hold even
Finlayson: maxed out imo, has regressed over the last few weeks, primary trade option this week while at a good value
Murray: potential keeper

MID
Telly: I feel he may have a few more weeks in him, but may be a week to week proposition now also as he can score 60s with low mark/tackle numbers
Brayshaw: has scored a few 70s lately, still cash to make for a week or two
Banfield: might hold his value but imo he's done like Finlayson
Barry: bye hold, if he's not in the frame to play then dump R12-13

FWD
Fritsch: best mooing rookie at the moment, obvious hold until he maxes out, gets injured or gets to his bye
Crowden: losing value, no point cashing in at the moment, bye hold, still gets named every week though so Ross is obviously a fan, DPP helps too so can flick him around where I need him to be, needs to score them 50-60-70s again though
Spargo: early days for him

Out of my cash cows, imo Finlayson and Banfield are done, with potentially Telly soon

Finlayson BE 65 (done, he's scoring below that lately)
Telly BE 56 (nearly done, but hasn't gone below 60 yet, quite capable of tonning up still)
Banfield BE 51 (scored 47 on the weekend, averaging not much more than that 51)

Based on current form and ceiling I keep Telly a bit longer, however, I'll see what moves I can do moving him on for a premium defender
I don't disagree that Finlayson and Banfield have peaked, but they can easily be held another week until the good rookies (Phillips/Cumming) are on the bubble. Even with average scores these guys are going to lose less than 5k this week so their value is going to hang around its current value for at least a couple.

I don't disagree that Finlayson and Banfield have peaked, but they can easily be held another week until the good rookies (Phillips/Cumming) are on the bubble. Even with average scores these guys are going to lose less than 5k this week so their value is going to hang around its current value for at least a couple.
I need to upgrade in my current situation though instead of holding back and waiting considering how underperforming my forwards and mids are

I've climbed ranks last two weeks upgrading and Zorko coming good and I need to keep that momentum going

My forwards are absolutely gash with Billings and Petracca at F4-5 so Hogan with a low BE is a good target for this week, means them two are pushed out to F5-6 which is tolerable for now until I decide what I do with them during the byes. I can grab Taranto too, but I feel Hogan has a bigger ceiling with his marking game having watched his role the last month.

What is Heeneys BE? He's a target for next week and the weeks leading into the byes too, but if I want Rocky in round 11 then I need to bring in a defensive premium next week instead as there's no point benching Billings/Petracca and not making a defensive upgrade in the process, if Rocky is a no go then Westhoff could be a better R11 forward target for the byes and he can sit at M8 until I dump Billings/Petracca

Thinking

This week R9
Banfield and Finlayson out
Hogan and Cumming in via Crowden DPP, 16k left

Next week R10
Kelly (455-470k) and Brayshaw (390-405k) out
Simpson (630-650k) and Phillips (155k) in via Coffield DPP to the mids (70-100k leftover)

R11
Maybe Cole/Mirra and Fritsch out
Rocky and rookie in, Fritsch to Rocky might even only be 1 trade if I'm lucky which I'd jump at the chance to do

After that I will have the luxury of using 3 trades a week over the byes

This week Hogan over Simpson I feel, they're playing each other this week too

Thats my one move this week. Don't like the look of Keefe, so happy to wait for more rookies next week.
Next week is Brayshaw --> Phillips and then either Banfield to a 680k Midfielder, or if Rockliff dominates then I do a second downgrade next week (Finlayson --> Cumming) and target Rocky after his bye.
I'm considering going early on Phillips. I'm thinking Banfield and Doedee > Simpson and Phillips. I can only get someone under 200k in the mids and Phillips is the only good option this week.

Is Lloyd or Sicily a better pick than Simpson? I can't afford Yeo. Already have Laird, Seed and obviously Hurley who I'm going to bench I think.

also think robbie gray might not score so well.

playing 90% forward. his scores so far have been mid forward. and only scored 100 this week because 6 goals
Yeh I'm slightly worried about Gray. Was definitely pushed back forward on the weekend with the midfield inclusions. Score was looking very ordinary until the 3rd quarter goal haul.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phoar just seen the ins! Buddy, Walters, L.Murphy and Mirra for me, all unexpected..

Thinking now either:
A)
English -> Crossley
Finlayson -> Yeo
- Kelly on Field, Fritsch on bench

B)
English -> Crossley
Finlayson -> Yeo (via Sic to DEF, Walter to FWD, Seedsman to MID)
- Fritsch on Field, Kelly on Bench.

I need to upgrade in my current situation though instead of holding back and waiting considering how underperforming my forwards and mids are

I've climbed ranks last two weeks upgrading and Zorko coming good and I need to keep that momentum going

My forwards are absolutely gash with Billings and Petracca at F4-5 so Hogan with a low BE is a good target for this week, means them two are pushed out to F5-6 which is tolerable for now until I decide what I do with them during the byes. I can grab Taranto too, but I feel Hogan has a bigger ceiling with his marking game having watched his role the last month.

What is Heeneys BE? He's a target for next week and the weeks leading into the byes too, but if I want Rocky in round 11 then I need to bring in a defensive premium next week instead as there's no point benching Billings/Petracca and not making a defensive upgrade in the process, if Rocky is a no go then Westhoff could be a better R11 forward target for the byes and he can sit at M8 until I dump Billings/Petracca

Thinking

This week R9
Banfield and Finlayson out
Hogan and Cumming in via Crowden DPP, 16k left

Next week R10
Kelly (455-470k) and Brayshaw (390-405k) out
Simpson (630-650k) and Phillips (155k) in via Coffield DPP to the mids (70-100k leftover)

R11
Maybe Cole/Mirra and Fritsch out
Rocky and rookie in, Fritsch to Rocky might even only be 1 trade if I'm lucky which I'd jump at the chance to do

After that I will have the luxury of using 3 trades a week over the byes

This week Hogan over Simpson I feel, they're playing each other this week too
Heeney's BE is 109.

yeo v sicily...yeo only had the one spud game this season, he looks to be a top 3 back but seems to be at his max price...sicily being an absolute fool still worries me and can see him missing more games through suspension, but he seems to have the perfect dt role and is a little cheaper....tough call

yeo v sicily...yeo only had the one spud game this season, he looks to be a top 3 back but seems to be at his max price...sicily being an absolute fool still worries me and can see him missing more games through suspension, but he seems to have the perfect dt role and is a little cheaper....tough call
Yeo

I'll be doing likewise. Doedee to Simpson with the expected move of Brayshaw to Phillips next week. Would like to trade out Holman but I need him for round 13 as I am short of players there. Rocky will come in in after his bye.

Just had a look at my bye structure

Assuming Guelfi, Mutch and Garlett play through the byes (they probably won't) I've got 20 on field each week, somehow

Mirra is only Sunday bench for now

He won't be confirmed playing til 5pm

I'd field Kelly over Fritsch, worst you'll get from Kelly is a 65, Fritsch can go 40s
I disagree with the Fritcsh comment. 90 average over the past 3 weeks and playing against Carlton. I expect 80+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back