Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Another horrendous week done

Forwards stink so bad this year, sick of making trades in that position but it looks like it's now or never on Dunkley. Will stockpile all the forwards then trade the underperformers after the byes if needed (Newnes, Heeney, Dunkley, Westhoff etc)

Wish I went Drew to Dunkley instead of Gibbons to Westhoff...

Anyways

I think

Parker to Stocker/Hately via Duursma/Burgess DPP and Drew to Dunkley is a pretty easy upgrade

Hopefully will still have over 350k after I do that

Round 10

O'Brien to Bines/other RF option with a good late weekend loopholing draw

Whoever to Cripps/Treloar

Round 11 double upgrade if no rookies that week, hopefully Whitfield is bottomed out ripe that week

If I take a rookie in round 11, then the byes will be some serious upgrade time

Really my season is shot right now due to poor trade ins (Heeney and Westhoff I'm looking at you two) and the last two weeks with everyone seemingly stinking it up, but I'm trying to load up to attack the byes then finish the season like a steam train to salvage something

Got Dunks in AF but decided to wait a week in RDT...I've seen enough and Dunks will come in for me soon after lockout.

Drew will be traded OUT, he just does not do enough apart from tackling. Just blew his chance of an easy 80 tonight, he scored the same amount of points in the first 30 seconds as he did in the ENTIRE SECOND HALF, FFS that is hard to do as an inside mid. Think next week is the week he will finally get dropped or rested.

I don't think I'll touch Hately unless one of the GWS mids gets an injury. He gets dropped after good games so his JS is awful. Stocker might be my only option, or pay up for Corbett/Larkey/Moore. Corbett did look good this week.

Don't know what to do with Brayspud, desperately want to trade him to an actual premo mid but I've just made too many wasted trades. If only I had traded out Bray instead of Cripps to get in Rocky....

Another horrendous week done

Forwards stink so bad this year, sick of making trades in that position but it looks like it's now or never on Dunkley. Will stockpile all the forwards then trade the underperformers after the byes if needed (Newnes, Heeney, Dunkley, Westhoff etc)

Wish I went Drew to Dunkley instead of Gibbons to Westhoff...

Anyways

I think

Parker to Stocker/Hately via Duursma/Burgess DPP and Drew to Dunkley is a pretty easy upgrade

Hopefully will still have over 350k after I do that

Round 10

O'Brien to Bines/other RF option with a good late weekend loopholing draw

Whoever to Cripps/Treloar

Round 11 double upgrade if no rookies that week, hopefully Whitfield is bottomed out ripe that week

If I take a rookie in round 11, then the byes will be some serious upgrade time

Really my season is shot right now due to poor trade ins (Heeney and Westhoff I'm looking at you two) and the last two weeks with everyone seemingly stinking it up, but I'm trying to load up to attack the byes then finish the season like a steam train to salvage something

Lol at this entire summation, from start to finish

Anyone re-considering trading Walsh yet. He could tear up 100K and drop back to mid 400's.

I’ll have enough to do Walsh to dunks..will move dunks to forward line and setterfield to mids...forward line will be set...great result to only have to make one trade especially with no good rookies available. Will have to cop 2 of constable, setterfield, gibbons & drew...hopefully constable gets one more game and gibbons can score 70 again.

Anyone re-considering trading Walsh yet. He could tear up 100K and drop back to mid 400's.
Nope

Still getting it 20+ times a week

He won't dip below 400k unless he gets an injury score, imo he'll hover around the 450-500k mark with his current scoring trends which is perfectly acceptable

He will be a valuable bye asset as his job security is the best out of all rookies

Constable and O'Brien are the ones to trade at sky high price imo.

I have Grawndy so will only get 1 bye week out of O'Brien if he's still keeping Sauce out of the side by then and I'm not sure the value of keeping him that long and risk him losing 100k or whatever is worth it for just the 1 bye round score. Would rather just cash out at max price and put his cash towards someone else who'll give me a decent score every other week.l for the rest of the season.

Constable's JS is average, we're lucky today he's getting a run but might not be every week. He's also had a few weeks off and has his bye week a week earlier than Walsh so he should peak around his bye or close to it. If I trade him on his bye it'll likely be to a round 12 bye player like Macrae or Fyfe or Rockliff or something or if it's before his bye probably Cripps/Treloar

Please don't come back this week Hately!

Could do Ross -> Zerrett and Drew -> Dunkley

Got ~1 mil in the bank and that would take about 700k

Could trade out Brayshaw tho to save money

Last edited:
Walsh to Merrett, Drew to Stocker for me, maybe. But it would leave me with Stocker and Atkins on the bench. Hmm, I guess that's not much worse than Drew and Atkins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

have to get Dunks, so will ignore my mediocre midfield again.
Scrim to Stocker via Answerth DPP
Drew to Dunks

around 150k left in the bank

That should set my fwd line for a while:
Boak, Telly, Danger, Billings, Dunks, Worpel

Then need to address this shocking midfield:
Cogs, Sloane, Brouch, Rocky, Bray, Walsh, Duurs, Hayes

Can't wait until Crae gets a 120 so I can jump on

Yuck. Ross 75 be this week and 70 next.
What to do....
Ankle apparently and he didn't come back, I'd say he misses next week, I reckon you can hold him and loophole him if he does miss, surely you have others like Atkins/Scrimshaw/Parker/Drew etc to deal with too?

I feel if you're not copping donuts in an area with injured players, you can hold there and deal with others who will lose cash first

Scrimshaw > ?
? > Grundy for me
Don't want to trade ROB yet. Should make another 25-30k next week.
There won't be any rookies next week unless it's a Hately or Rotham type, so ROB to Bines/other RF option then upgrade elsewhere is pretty sound and something I'm considering unless he tons up again this week

Ankle apparently and he didn't come back, I'd say he misses next week, I reckon you can hold him and loophole him if he does miss, surely you have others like Atkins/Scrimshaw/Parker/Drew etc to deal with too?

I feel if you're not copping donuts in an area with injured players, you can hold there and deal with others who will lose cash first

Yeah got Parker and drew. But not going to move drew just yet as he showed he can go big if he decides to not run away from the ball and conditions are better.

Should have about a mil to double upgrade if need be. Or MacRae next week.

There won't be any rookies next week unless it's a Hately or Rotham type, so ROB to Bines/other RF option then upgrade elsewhere is pretty sound and something I'm considering unless he tons up again this week

Not a Stocker fan? Would have gotten over 70 if not for the FAs

If you could pick one of Gaff and Merrett, which would you take? Gaff a bit more reliable, perhaps, and both are good captaincy options.

Think I might go Gaff. Can VC him against Melbourne this week, and he's more of a POD.

Not a Stocker fan? Would have gotten over 70 if not for the FAs
This week being round 9 there is rookies, talking about round 10 when that 120 comes out of ROBs rolling average

Not much this week but something

With Stocker I'm worried about Simmo/Newman, having read up on Stocker and direct quotes from Bolton and Carlton coaching staff, they want to play him behind the ball before putting him into midfield

I think he and Williamson were indeed them two replacements

So I'm leaning towards Corbett based on that

This week being round 9 there is rookies, talking about round 10 when that 120 comes out of ROBs rolling average

Just coz you mentioned Hately and surely he's quite likely to be back this week with GWS spudding? Didn't think you were projecting him as a round 10 in.

If you could pick one of Gaff and Merrett, which would you take? Gaff a bit more reliable, perhaps, and both are good captaincy options.

Think I might go Gaff. Can VC him against Melbourne this week, and he's more of a POD.

Good question. Recency Bias says Merrett but I think Gaff will be just as good if not better. I feel like the 108 from Gaff this week will be his lowest score for a while

Just coz you mentioned Hately and surely he's quite likely to be back this week with GWS spudding? Didn't think you were projecting him as a round 10 in.
He could be in, but it seems like he's just depth. If we were assured he'd get a run then I'd pick him then dump on his bye, but not sure it's worth it, plus Lids is close to returning too along with Whitfield.

He really should've played and Cogs rest up for a week or two since Cogs hurt himself, Cogs just doesn't mark as much and he doesn't tackle now. His stat lines are basically Dustin Martin esque.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back