Round 9 Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agechamp

Club Legend
Feb 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If it looks likely he plays through the byes after only missing a week or two then yep, I still have Scott, so if a 130-149k rookie pops up before the byes and Scott hasn't reemerged then Ross is a definite hold for me. If Ross is out in the medium term then he goes

Scrimshaw and Drew for example have made enough cash and are higher priority upgrades than Ross as they have early bye rounds too and will probably peak in the next week or two, Parker will fluctuate still imo, could go either way there

Still hold Ross?
He looked to only be playing because Cochin was out, now if he doesn't get fit until after he's back will he even get back?

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
What’s a good number of trades to have left before round 12?? I feel like trades will be crucial come bye time this year especially with a lack of rookies. Byes this year have the potential to be brutal.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
All about what you have at round 15 after the byes imo and if your side is complete or not

5 or less you'll be struggling

8 would be solid

I'm trying to get around 6-7 by then

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Atkins > Hately
Newman > Merrett

Bringing in a likely Hately doughnut because I don't like any of the other rookies. Will loop Drew/Stack for M8 this week. Hopefully Hately gets another run soon. Was planning on keeping Newman, but I feel I need more midfield firepower. Have not enjoyed having Merrett as a POD against me lately.

View attachment 673074
Lockhart coming good will be very handy
Plowman broken cheekbone
Williamson injures back and out for a few weeks
Newman back this week but stocker should hold his spot.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
View attachment 673122
Not good news for Ross owners..
Great news for balta owners
Still hold Ross?
He looked to only be playing because Cochin was out, now if he doesn't get fit until after he's back will he even get back?
Have to trade..will be out for a while and if he needs surgery will be season
That helps Stockers case for games then Bradkli

I guess it's all down to the injury list and team selection this week. If he plays 5 games before his bye will he have made enough with three price rises? Probably not, he can play upto 7 games before his bye in round 14 though, 7 games should get him around the 300k range should he keep improving.

Syndemosis = bad for Ross

He's a definite trade then, I doubt he'll return before his bye. Marcus Adams, Redman, Jelwood and Libba all have had the same injury the last 3 years, earliest I've seen back from it is 4-5 weeks which was Libba and Jelwood, sometimes up to 3-4 months out though.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
View attachment 673128
If i was to trade in Stocker & Grundy this week. Would have 77k in the bank.
Round 10 ROB & Duurs > Laird + Cow
Round 11 Constable & Drews > Cripps + Cow
R12 don't trade
Roun 12 Hore & Clark > Sicily? + Cow
Currently have 20 trades before this weeks are used.
Yeah Grundy will start flying up in price, I guess from a bank point of view it's now or never on him

I wouldn't worry about your midfield for a few weeks, you will need to start upgrading down back, so your R10 move sounds solid to me. Clark for example was a good hold, but I don't expect him to score like that every week, he's someone I'd try to bench if possible after this week (Grundy definitely a priority trade though so do that). Hore and Duursma will be fine to hold onfield until they peak in price, same with Constable should he play. I'd try and get Drew off field or upgrade him even in a few weeks to Boak.

I think your Cripps trade should wait until you've got Boak in, look at it like this

Constable 90 + Boak 110 = 200

Vs

Cripps 110 + Drew/other forward rookie 60 = 170

Overall, you've got a ripping looking side already with good building blocks. Just make the right rookie calls and you'll be sweet during the byes and beyond.

Apr 11, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah Grundy will start flying up in price, I guess from a bank point of view it's now or never on him

I wouldn't worry about your midfield for a few weeks, you will need to start upgrading down back, so your R10 move sounds solid to me. Clark for example was a good hold, but I don't expect him to score like that every week, he's someone I'd try to bench if possible after this week (Grundy definitely a priority trade though so do that). Hore and Duursma will be fine to hold onfield until they peak in price, same with Constable should he play. I'd try and get Drew off field or upgrade him even in a few weeks to Boak.

I think your Cripps trade should wait until you've got Boak in, look at it like this

Vs

Overall, you've got a ripping looking side already with good building blocks. Just make the right rookie calls and you'll be sweet during the byes and beyond.

Cripps will be cheap in 2-3 weeks...he will cop de boer this week..de boer has been unbeatable this year. Cripps will have 20-25 touches but he will struggle to take a mark. Has 70 written all over him this week.

21 trades remaining and $382k in the bank.

Scrimshaw —> Stocker (Answerth to D8)
Ross —> Sloane

Would leave me with $238k. Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 10.45.57.png

Jun 2, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon EEEEEEsports

Vs

My only problem with getting Boak in r11 is he has the bye the week later. In order to get boak i would probably use constable due to a lack of funds.

Cheers for the advice.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
My only problem with getting Boak in r11 is he has the bye the week later. In order to get boak i would probably use constable due to a lack of funds.

Cheers for the advice.
Wait and see mate

ROB will give you a fair bit first

Anything can happen next few weeks

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Cripps will be cheap in 2-3 weeks...he will cop de boer this week..de boer has been unbeatable this year. Cripps will have 20-25 touches but he will struggle to take a mark. Has 70 written all over him this week.
Wait and see, but he might not fly up in price I guess

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Jan 27, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
21 trades remaining and $382k in the bank.

Scrimshaw —> Stocker (Answerth to D8)
Ross —> Sloane

Would leave me with $238k. Thoughts?

View attachment 673581

Sloane has been good for me since I got him in 2 weeks ago but I'm worried about his upcoming draw and potential tags coming up:
BL- Berry
WCE- Hutchings
MEL- not sure, maybe he gets a week off here.
GWS- DeBoer

Think he can still get to a respectable 85-90 but maybe not the instant reward you are looking for before the byes

Jan 27, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Stop doubting Crippa. He will never not punish me. Will have his 110+ with a 10 point first quarter, it's just not fair but he's too good

rabzz04

Debutant
May 14, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi gents, could do with some help with my team!

Currently looking at the following trade - purely for my own sanity of no longer having to play Parker on field and missing out on Boak...

Ross > Stocker
Parker > Boak
Bank $42k

Otherwise, I could potentially look at trading out of left field and potentially fixing up my midfield which is just not firing at the minute i.e Brayshaw to Rocky while the value is still there... Any suggestions are appreciated!

Cheers

Attachments

• E49383E8-4E1C-47B0-B747-61757681C4CB.png
    E49383E8-4E1C-47B0-B747-61757681C4CB.png
    694.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 2E23053A-8866-4093-A2D7-669A3CB53D89.png
    2E23053A-8866-4093-A2D7-669A3CB53D89.png
    483.7 KB · Views: 147
Jan 27, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Hi gents, could do with some help with my team!

Currently looking at the following trade - purely for my own sanity of no longer having to play Parker on field and missing out on Boak...

Ross > Stocker
Parker > Boak
Bank $42k

Otherwise, I could potentially look at trading out of left field and potentially fixing up my midfield which is just not firing at the minute i.e Brayshaw to Rocky while the value is still there... Any suggestions are appreciated!

Cheers
In the same boat as you with Bray...but your midfield has 2 of the top mids in Trel and Cripps so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Definitely do those trades to get Boak IN, he should be just as good as Rocky this week.
Don't think your midfield is weak at all

DKS17

Team Captain
Oct 8, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man U
Currently ranked 50 and Not 100% sure which way to go with trades this week

cce96b7a9af96df479fb5320cfd87142.jpg
4005c9a6274dc8e118652d8f1c44c756.jpg

Thinking Atkins > stocker is a definite
The could do either witts > Grundy
Or
Scrimshaw/drew > Dunkley

Witts has been serviceable so Grundy could possible wait but he’s putting up some big scores which I’m missing out on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Currently ranked 50 and Not 100% sure which way to go with trades this week

cce96b7a9af96df479fb5320cfd87142.jpg
4005c9a6274dc8e118652d8f1c44c756.jpg

Thinking Atkins > stocker is a definite
The could do either witts > Grundy
Or
Scrimshaw/drew > Dunkley

Witts has been serviceable so Grundy could possible wait but he’s putting up some big scores which I’m missing out on

The Atkins to Stocker trade is the obvious choice.

Why not trade Parker to Dunkley?

DKS17

Team Captain
Oct 8, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man U
The Atkins to Stocker trade is the obvious choice.

Why not trade Parker to Dunkley?

Yep Parker to Dunkley is a good shout. I don’t think Grundy’s price is projected to increase by too much this week, likewise witts’s decrease so I can probably hold off on that trade for another week or two

rabzz04

Debutant
May 14, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
In the same boat as you with Bray...but your midfield has 2 of the top mids in Trel and Cripps so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Definitely do those trades to get Boak IN, he should be just as good as Rocky this week.
Don't think your midfield is weak at all

Thanks for the feedback mate!

Definately need Boak at some point, so might need to pull the trigger earlier than I anticipated. Praying Gus proves us both wrong this weekend!

Tippaz

Premiership Player
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
for those looking for a downgrade target, keep your eye on Patrick Naish (RIC)

29pos + 4goals in the VFL on the weekend, and the Ross injury opens up a spot

I'm surprised at the Macrae love; I mean for those who dont have him and are trading him in. He's shown nothing to indicate a top 8, and at this point, he'll be more like a top 20. If I didn't have him, I'd be generating more coin at looking at Cripps. I have him, so it's annoying at the moment and I'd trade him in a heartbeat in a limited overs game. If I had the coin spare to go up to him to him, I wouldn't. Bevo is screwing us aroound and he's playing more like the 2016 version than 2018 one; the wandering minstrel thatv doesn't tackle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back