Trades Round 9 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Just realised Atley is only $226k, averaging 26 touches and 82 fantasy pts in the SANFL and comes in for Drew against the Suns.

I'm in!

Yeah I'm thinking Atley now. Happy to wait on Baker a week, think Atley a good prospect and should get a decent amount of mid time.

Question for me is which 2 out of Drew, Crouch and Atkins to trade this week.

Just realised Atley is only $226k, averaging 26 touches and 82 fantasy pts in the SANFL and comes in for Drew against the Suns.

I'm in!
I'm also on. Will be fielding over Lockhart on debut I reckon.

Even if he's dropped next week, you can easily go to the rookie you should have picked

Would anybody else field Joe Atley versus the Suns at home over Jack Lockhart versus West Coast away?

What's the consensus on Matt Crouch? Hold?

Is it a hip tear? Will he be back next week? I'm considering holding but it comes at the expense of Walsh

I brought in Atley for Ross and he is going straight into my midfield this week. Should be able to get minimum 60-70 against the Suns with a bit of midfield time and hopefully stays in for a few weeks at least.

Is it a hip tear? Will he be back next week? I'm considering holding but it comes at the expense of Walsh
Not sure if it's a hip tear but just saw the news and it's worse than they first thought, something about it being closer to his abdominal muscles I believe, don't really know what that means.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm trading. More for fixing bye structure in the mids but we've seen so many times this year someone goes out for what is supposed to be a 1 week injury but ends up missing 2 or 3.

Drew out is not surprising but still disappointing. Means I’m fielding Hayes in the mids and have no cover on the mid bench for the first time this year. But that’s ok, I’m sure there won’t be any late outs. I mean surely fantasy wouldn’t play a trick like that on me...

Are people taking Baker out of necessity or convenience? I'd seriously be waiting a week on this entire crop or it could come back to bite you.

Not much to gain trading in a $170k bloke who may get dropped in 1-2weeks time. Very risky on the eve of byes and could result in you using 2x trades on the same spot to keep 18 on the field.

Another week will do wonders to sift through the good/bad. Baker will only go up ~$20-$30k at most even if he has a great game.

Always helps getting that 1 week sighter on rookies. Surely theres enough carnage in everyones teams that you dont need to be grabbing a roughie rookie right now?

I'm taking Corbett this week and thats about the only rookie under $250k that I trust/expect to still be playing by R13 at this stage.

For me at least I'm doing it because I'm forced to. Already got Corbett and need a rook so have to get in a Baker/Hinge/Garner. Even currently got Lockhart in just for a (hopefully) guaranteed 100k for 3 weeks.

Think I've settled on -

Atkins -> Atley
M.Crouch -> Gaff

Helps my bye structure, gets me a pretty much certain Top 8 mid in Gaff. Atley I think has a chance to secure a spot in the team over the next few weeks before the byes, should score ok. I'm holding Drew, he is a small chance of coming back next week. Still would like to push him to a premium but might be another week or two yet.

After changing my mind about 47 times today I’ve settled on:

Cogs -> J.Kelly
M.Crouch -> Yeo

Hideously sideways but covers two players whose “1 week” injuries could well turn out to be longer. Also keeps my bye structure largely intact and gives me a couple of blokes who should tear it up this week. Plus it allows me to watch the new crop of rookies and see which of them play well/hold their spots for next week so could well be a blessing in disguise.

I think I'll run the gauntlet this week and hold Matt Crouch. The consequence of this is Sam Walsh departs with Joe Atley replacing him. Willem Drew becomes Josh Kelly.

That has me fielding 5 rookies this week, with one premium on the bench, and puts me in a position to get down to 3 rookies on field next week

Are people taking Baker out of necessity or convenience? I'd seriously be waiting a week on this entire crop or it could come back to bite you.

Not much to gain trading in a $170k bloke who may get dropped in 1-2weeks time. Very risky on the eve of byes and could result in you using 2x trades on the same spot to keep 18 on the field.

Another week will do wonders to sift through the good/bad. Baker will only go up ~$20-$30k at most even if he has a great game.

Always helps getting that 1 week sighter on rookies. Surely theres enough carnage in everyones teams that you dont need to be grabbing a roughie rookie right now?

I'm taking Corbett this week and thats about the only rookie under $250k that I trust/expect to still be playing by R13 at this stage.
Would say most are taking out of necessity. I know I certainly am

Last edited:
Cogs to Dunks nets about 80k or so.... might be the go currently which means having a temporary DPP link in the mids
This is the one trade I've locked in too. Still scratching my head about my other one!

Is Bray a trade out or hold? I have other issues but getting the foundation right...maybe
I wish I had the luxury of offloading Brayshaw. Would have done it weeks ago but have had other spotfires to put out first!

This is the one trade I've locked in too. Still scratching my head about my other one!

I wish I had the luxury of offloading Brayshaw. Would have done it weeks ago but have had other spotfires to put out first!
Yeah seems a no brainer. Also struggling with the last trade. Going to have to roll the dice on a rookie out of Hinge/Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back